DHS CARS LAND

Thrill Seeker

What if...?
bung.png
That's what should happen...

|Q|

I bet it's Tatooine. It makes sense for a number of reasons:

Sorry if I go OT, but I'm just back from Tunisia (where most of Tatooine was filmed), and not only i've learnt that there is an actual town called Tataouine (that's kind of like calling Naboo "Avelleeno"), but then i was in a supermarket and i've seen this:

d1747732c6c911e2926822000a1f9c9b_7.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/Z0LuEVtQd1/

o_O"

(but i really couldn't find any used droid for purchase ):

(EDIT: actually, i really thought that this was the Star Wars Land topic... sorry for the meta-OT)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sometimes, when I ride Living with the Land, I pretend that the desert scene is Tatooine, and the rainforest Dagobah. It's great fun.

Star Wars would make for such a brilliant dark ride. Something between SSE, Horizons and Pirates. A thrill ride might not do SW justice. Star Wars is not just thrills, it is also about mysticism, lyricism, distant worlds. An epic poem, Homer more than Avengers. An immersive dark ride on a grand scale could be so good!

Yes, yes, yes. There is sooooo much Star Wars content to pick from the hardest part would be deciding what gets included and what gets left out.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Carsland?

What happened to this thread? All I've read for pages is Star Wars stuff.

Interest seems to have dipped since the latest rumors are no clone of Cars Land or RSR replaced with maybe a C or D ticket dark ride for Cars instead along with gift shops and restaurants. Hope has shifted to Star Wars. My biggest fear is they do both but both half butted. A neutered Cars Land along with a Star Wars restaurant, expanded gift shop and maybe an expanded Jedi Academy show, but no real E tickets for either.

Calvin Coolidge

I think a well-done Cars dark ride could be as good as RSR. And it wouldn't have the story problems of RSR (i.e. you walk through a full-size Radiator Springs to get to the ride, where you see a scaled-down Radiator Springs at night, and then you exit through Radiator Springs again)

redo GMR with all Disney movie segments that kids and families would love

I am going to have nightmares about this

doctornick

lol, actually i think that this says A LOT about the popularity of these two franchises ;)

I don't think so necessarily (though Star Wars is certainly more popular overall, especially among adults who would be posting on a message board). I think it reflects the information that we have been given that Cars Land is on the backburner and may not be coming and Star Wars is being actively considered for a major DHS expansion.

If insiders reported that a large scale Monstropolis was planned, there would be a big conversation about Monsters Inc, I would expect, not because it is more popular than Cars.

NoChesterHester

I don't think so necessarily (though Star Wars is certainly more popular overall, especially among adults who would be posting on a message board). I think it reflects the information that we have been given that Cars Land is on the backburner and may not be coming and Star Wars is being actively considered for a major DHS expansion.

It isnt just adults. Star Wars is hugely popular with kids as well. Just look at Halloween costume sales for the real story.

As far as merchandise potential, nothing really is its equal. 36 years after the original release and there is still an aisle at every Toys R Us in America dedicated to the franchise.

doctornick

It isnt just adults. Star Wars is hugely popular with kids as well. Just look at Halloween costume sales for the real story.

Sure, but the difference in appeal between Star Wars and Cars among children is far closer than among adults. 5 yo boys certainly eat up Cars merchandise even though they also enjoy Star Wars (I do think the Clone Wars cartoon has made a significant impact on creating a new generation of Star Wars fans).

As far as merchandise potential, nothing really is its equal. 36 years after the original release and there is still an aisle at every Toys R Us in America dedicated to the franchise.
The merchandise power of Star Wars is huge, no doubt, but the section on Cars in every toy store is also quite large. It would be unwise to dismiss Cars as having a significant marketable value.

|Q|

Wait, did i miss something? There are new rumours about the SW expansion? (sorry, i've been away)

wdwfan4ver

Wait, did i miss something? There are new rumours about the SW expansion? (sorry, i've been away)

On last week Tuesday on page 250 on this thread, Tikiman mentioned Carsland isn't coming and gave info about a huge new project that will take out things around Star Tours all the way to Indy and the lake next to it.

Tikiman is a trusted person based the fact his on upcoming things on the Polynesian resort has been correct in the past. Tikiman also doesn't like to spread rumors unless he is sure about them.

WDW1974 aka Spirit also answered my questions on his thread. One of the answers he gave was he know of some possibilities for that area that include a larger Star Wars presence. The area he is referring is the one Tikiman mentioned. Wdw1974 also said he thinks Tikiman is the person to ask since Tikiman seems sure of his information when I asked about the area Tikeman mentioned.

He also replied to another person on his thread and said Disney is planning a major announcement for D23. He typed "I keep hearing three different possibilities so I'm not going to speculate which plan it will be until I get confirmation".

NoChesterHester

Sure, but the difference in appeal between Star Wars and Cars among children is far closer than among adults. 5 yo boys certainly eat up Cars merchandise even though they also enjoy Star Wars (I do think the Clone Wars cartoon has made a significant impact on creating a new generation of Star Wars fans).

The merchandise power of Star Wars is huge, no doubt, but the section on Cars in every toy store is also quite large. It would be unwise to dismiss Cars as having a significant marketable value.

Agree and I wouldn't think of dismissing it. My statement didn't properly articulate the belief that Star Wars is so much part of the cultural consciousness that it is impossible to top. It's popularity has transcended generations.

Calvin Coolidge

Cars Land should be re-named Materville. All Mater, all the time. Mater gardens, full of year-round Mater topiaries. Mater's Junkyard Playground. Mater's Tractor Rodeo. Mater's Quick-Tow Hoedown dance party. Mater's Trash Heap BBQ, with Mater's Junkyard Debris Fries and Mater's Secret Agent Ribs. Turn Muppet-Vision into "A Salute to All Tow Trucks, but Mostly Tow-Mater." Honey, I Shrunk Mater. Mater Presents: Catastrophe Canyon, Mater's Big Adventure. Toy Story Mater Mania. The Mater Zone Tower of Mater. Rock n Mater Coaster Starring Matersmith.

The Great Mater Ride.

Lights, Mater, Action.

The possibilities are ENDLESS, y'all.

misterID

Mater DHS isn't half as bad as the people who think it's a great idea to turn SSE into the Death Star. :mad:

And yeah, SW should get a dark ride. Not only because it would be cool, but also DHS doesn't need another thrill ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom