DHS CARS LAND

Turtle

I don't see how pod racing can be made into a ride. The vehicles are way too complex and it's just going through the desert plane (and RSR is different cause you go through mostly the Radiator Springs town).

A Star Wars E-Ticket Needs To Be A Massive Attraction In Outer Space Involving Darth Vader, The Death Star, etc.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't see how pod racing can be made into a ride. The vehicles are way too complex and it's just going through the desert plane (and RSR is different cause you go through mostly the Radiator Springs town).

A Star Wars E-Ticket Needs To Be A Massive Attraction In Outer Space Involving Darth Vader, The Death Star, etc.

And it doesn't have to be a thrill ride.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But it's Star Wars and the audience it mostly caters to expects a thrill ride

I think Star Wars has appeal across all audiences. I don't think a Star Wars land would have to only cater to adult Star Wars fanbois. My kids are 3 and 6 and love Star Wars. They have the action figures, Lego sets the whole works. The last thing DHS needs is another ride with a height restriction. Plus Star Tours is already a simulator type attraction. If they go with another similar ride I would be disappointed.

ctxak98

The past couple pages have been nothing but rampant speculation. We have heard from our insiders that there are three major design schemes being developed. What will actually get built at this point is still unknown.
thank you! I for one think a cars ride, monsters inc coaster and Incredibles E ticket, Lucasland, and Updates to GMR would be the best solutions right now for DHS. A whole Carsland still doesn't sit right with me!

Turtle

What if we got an expanded Pixar Place AND Lucasland AND Muppet Studios...?
I don't think a Lucas Land would be as good as a Star Wars land. It's weird to explain.

If it's called "Star Wars Galaxy" with only Star Wars attractions the hype would be bigger, attendance higher, and it'll be even more special for the Star Wars fan. If it was "Lucas Land" it wouldn't be so grand and hyped up. Imagine Wizarding World of Harry Potter being labeled "JK Rowling Land".

You're losing a lot of hype, special merchandise, attendance, and more just to have an Indy ride.

I want an Indy ride BUT it just can't be part of a Lucas Land nor should it warrant it's own land in Hollywood Studios. DHS [with the exception of Star Wars Galaxy] needs a studio campus approach to their lands (Pixar Place, Muppet Studios, Walt Disney Pictures) for a cohesive theme as opposed to a jumble up of different movie landscapes.

So point is, Indy should go into MK if anything but I'd prefer it's DL exclusive

TP2000

Something tells me they'll be cloning Shanghai attractions at WDW. They'll start building them here simultaneously with the beginning of Shanghai construction. When does construction there start?

Park structure construction already started last week. Park infrastructure construction is mostly completed, with on-site administration buildings completed earlier this spring.

Here's a photo taken last week of Chinese workers putting up the first structural steel for the Shanghai Disneyland Castle.
bb29bb35-9785-475a-ac06-c79fe0980074.jpg

TP2000

What I'm wondering- is there any chance still of CARS LAND coming to DHS? (since that is the thread title and all)

I had to quickly scan the last week of posts over the past 10 minutes to find that out myself.

The conventional wisdom from more than one insider is that a direct clone of Cars Land for DHS is off the table, but there might be a D Ticket dark ride based on the Cars movie coming to DHS. But the full 12 acre Cars Land with three shops, three dining locations, two C Ticket rides, and one massive 6 acre Mega-E Ticket at the end of the street called Radiator Springs Racers? That's apparently not gonna happen.

Now the insiders are talking about a Star Wars land coming to DHS instead. Which could be a lot of fun.

Calvin Coolidge

I had to quickly scan the last week of posts over the past 10 minutes to find that out myself.

The conventional wisdom from more than one insider is that a direct clone of Cars Land for DHS is off the table, but there might be a D Ticket dark ride based on the Cars movie coming to DHS. But the full 12 acre Cars Land with three shops, three dining locations, two C Ticket rides, and one massive 6 acre Mega-E Ticket at the end of the street called Radiator Springs Racers? That's apparently not gonna happen.

Now the insiders are talking about a Star Wars land coming to DHS instead. Which could be a lot of fun.

I'd take a Cars dark ride + Star Wars Land in DHS over a forced Cars Land clone any day of the week.

WDWDad13

I'm not a big Star Wars fan but here's a solution

Star Wars land
Carsland minus Luigi and rsr (but replaced with 1 good indoor dark ride)
Monsters coaster or something to make Pixar place an actual place

Other
Expand muppet presence and/or redo GMR with all Disney movie segments that kids and families would love

Do all of that and you now have a MAJOR full day park

The Empress Lilly

And it doesn't have to be a thrill ride.
Sometimes, when I ride Living with the Land, I pretend that the desert scene is Tatooine, and the rainforest Dagobah. It's great fun.

Star Wars would make for such a brilliant dark ride. Something between SSE, Horizons and Pirates. A thrill ride might not do SW justice. Star Wars is not just thrills, it is also about mysticism, lyricism, distant worlds. An epic poem, Homer more than Avengers. An immersive dark ride on a grand scale could be so good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom