DHS CARS LAND

lazyboy97o

You mean at the HP announcement for Hollywood? Why did they have a separate announcement today if they already confirmed it then?
Because that announcement was nothing more than a statement that the existing Wizarding World of Harry Potter would be "greatly expanded."

PeterAlt

Because that announcement was nothing more than a statement that the existing Wizarding World of Harry Potter would be "greatly expanded."
I'm going to make a Uni/Disney timeline of announcements for the past few years that will put all this in clear perspective, showing what is clearly responses to the other's moves, and could help anticipate future moves (based on the patterns of past moves).

PeterAlt

Off topic, but you change out avatars like my ex changed out shoes.
Lol. I get bored seeing the same avatar all the time. I usually don't intend on changing it, but sometimes, I spot something on the net that makes me think "That could be a cool avatar"...

This latest one is from a website that has fan-made movie posters of Star Wars VII. There were many that I liked, which deserve avatars. I may use some of the other ones later when I get bored of this one - that's assuming I don't find anything more inspiring beforehand!

scarr13311

Hope they do bring Cars Land ride like they have at California Adventure. Was at CA May 2012 two weeks before Cars opened they did a really nice job with mountains; I wish they would also add the Indiana Jones ride like they have at Disneyland over at Disney World love it!! :)

GLaDOS

I'm going to make a Uni/Disney timeline of announcements for the past few years that will put all this in clear perspective, showing what is clearly responses to the other's moves, and could help anticipate future moves (based on the patterns of past moves).

Neither respond to one another. The Universal vs Disney war exists only in Fanboi Dreams.

Both know their place in the world and both will continue along their chosen paths.

lazyboy97o

Neither respond to one another. The Universal vs Disney war exists only in Fanboi Dreams.

Both know their place in the world and both will continue along their chosen paths.
Universal does have some history of making announcements right after Disney to try and crowd out their news coverage.

stlphil

This may or may not be true today, but DHS was only built in the first place as a response to Universal's announcement on building their park in FL.

It may not be war today, but it is really hard to believe they ignore what the other is doing when choosing their own path.

PeterAlt

It's not so much that they respond to each other's moves like it's a big game of chess. It's more like they see what the other is doing and copy the parts they like. For example, Disney like the business model Uni used in Orlando and adapts it to DLR. Disney saw what Uni did with $350 million and a popular franchise and saw them peak in attendance. Disney followed suit and spent the same at DCA to create CL and announced they were putting $1.3 billion to give DCA a makeover. Uni's owner, Comcast, announces $1.5 billion in new attraction projects at USF. There's even small suddle details they they colied subconsciously, like both FLE and HP have secondary small castles built into their respective designs. Disney dredged the 20K LutS Lagoon in order to make room from FLE. Uni is dredging the Jaws Lagoon to make room the the HP Expansion. I don't think they're deliberately copying each other - it's more subconscious...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well, I'll stop you right there because Cars Land and Potter were announced and built almost simultaneously. Neither had an effect on the other.

Yeah, Carsland was announced before Wizarding World even started construction so there is no way the success of WWoHP could have effected the Carsland decision.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Universal does have some history of making announcements right after Disney to try and crowd out their news coverage.

Just because there is no Disney vs Universal Studios "war" doesn't mean they cannot compete. Both are aiming at different crowds for the most part with vastly different strategies in the past. Now the USR is starting to get more into the resorts/on-site destinaion the competition might pick up but I doubt Disney is terribly worried about losing a few guests to USR with the rates they charge and the occupancy rates they acheive at the moment.

PeterAlt

Well, I'll stop you right there because Cars Land and Potter were announced and built almost simultaneously. Neither had an effect on the other.
One influenced another during the planning stages in the same way that Dueling Dragons was influenced by the design of Beastly Kingdom during the design phase.

TP2000

Hope they do bring Cars Land ride like they have at California Adventure. Was at CA May 2012 two weeks before Cars opened they did a really nice job with mountains; I wish they would also add the Indiana Jones ride like they have at Disneyland over at Disney World love it!! :)

The mountains and rockwork in Cars Land? Like this kinda stuff found in that 12 acre area?...

radiatorracetrack.jpg

And this...

onr596424LARGE.jpg

And this?

Radiator-Springs-Racers_Cars-Land.jpeg

Yeah, I guess they did an okay job with it. You know, if you like that sort of outdoorsy stuff in your theme parks. Too much cactus though. :cool:

PeterAlt

The mountains and rockwork in Cars Land? Like this kinda stuff found in that 12 acre area?...

radiatorracetrack.jpg

And this...

onr596424LARGE.jpg

And this?

Radiator-Springs-Racers_Cars-Land.jpeg

Yeah, I guess they did an okay job with it. You know, if you like that sort of outdoorsy stuff in your theme parks. Too much cactus though. :cool:
This is exactly what the concrete dessert known today as the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot needs! I propose transforming the race track that's in the middle of the parking lot into Cars Land, but move it closer to the TTC so that there's easy access to it from the MK. It would be an annex of the MK and would require a MK (or park hopper) ticket for entry and would not be a separate gate but more like a satellite sub-gate of the MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom