DHS CARS LAND

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
People want the big E-tickets. It's just like regional amusement parks...always having to build bigger and better things to keep the people coming back.

As for me, I'd much rather have Mystic Manor or Beastly Kingdom over Avatarland or Star Wars land...but I guess I'm in the minority.

For me it depends on the park...I don't think DAK or DHS need e-tickets, I think they need a fully fleshed out land/area that has multiple family things to do like FLE. I think that MK needed an E-ticket more than it needed an FLE type expansion. EPCOT needs a lot of loving/maintaining/upgrading. For me, Mystic Manor would count as an e-ticket. I don't think of e-tickets as being just thrill rides, but maybe I'm in the minority.

Wikkler

For me it depends on the park...I don't think DAK or DHS need e-tickets, I think they need a fully fleshed out land/area that has multiple family things to do like FLE. I think that MK needed an E-ticket more than it needed an FLE type expansion. EPCOT needs a lot of loving/maintaining/upgrading. For me, Mystic Manor would count as an e-ticket. I don't think of e-tickets as being just thrill rides, but maybe I'm in the minority.
Country Bear Jamboree was an E-Ticket when E-Tickets were an actual thing.
Although if that standard were used today there'd be more E-Tickets than non-E-Tickets.

NoChesterHester

Somewhere down the line parks started building new rides and marketing them as a reason to visit parks. Now it seems like everything new has to be capable of being the only reason someone will visit a park. How many times do you hear people say "FLE is nice, but there isn't enough substance to make people want to visit WDW". What happened to building rides just to add to the appeal of a park? Now it seems everyone want the new attractions to be the big draw.

Partially fueled at Disney by the fact they really haven't built a ride worth planning a trip around in seven years.

Fox&Hound

That kind of goes against everything DAK stands for.

And themed to animal photography kind of reminds me of Pokemon Snap...

Hahahah-you are so right. Hahahaha-I really didn't mean that. I think I was trying to write "big game explorer" like someone who had an interest in animals and had pictures and cool trinkets all over his house. I certainly didn't mean Mystic Manor meets Gaston.

Hahahahha-this is why you shouldn't check and try to reply to these boards at work....Good catch!

SyracuseOrange

Hahahah-you are so right. Hahahaha-I really didn't mean that. I think I was trying to write "big game explorer" like someone who had an interest in animals and had pictures and cool trinkets all over his house. I certainly didn't mean Mystic Manor meets Gaston.

Hahahahha-this is why you shouldn't check and try to reply to these boards at work....Good catch!
No worries - I actually sometimes (read: always) check these boards at work while I am multitasking (maybe on a call, listening to a webinar, etc) and I don't always think things through before I post them.

I get where your idea was coming from, but I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense in the long run.

ToTBellHop

This article is nonsensical. Indy certainly wouldn't come to DAK, the park with an exact copy of Indy with Dino's instead of zombies.

PeterAlt

2015 is the year of really big block buster movies such as Avatar 2, Star Wars VII, The Avengers 2, Pirate of the Caribbean 5, Batman reboot, Prometheus 2, Fantastic 4 reboot, Incredible Hulk reboot, and more!

Most of these are Disney productions or Disney has the theme park rights (Avatar and non-Disney produced Marvel titles for west coast). Besides Avatar, Disney can plan theme park tie-ins to these properties at launch. Avatar at DHS would tie in to Avatar 3, which will be filmed with Avatar 2 next year and could be released in sync with the DHS attraction opening in 2017.

Spike-in-Berlin

"Somewhere down the line parks started building new rides and marketing them as a reason to visit parks. Now it seems like everything new has to be capable of being the only reason someone will visit a park. How many times do you hear people say "FLE is nice, but there isn't enough substance to make people want to visit WDW". What happened to building rides just to add to the appeal of a park? Now it seems everyone want the new attractions to be the big draw."

Let me put it this way. I live really far less away from DLP that from WDW but i visited WDW four times in the last 3 years. I visited DLP once in 1997 (one day only) and so far never again. If they would build in DLP either the Indiana Jones Adventure in Adventureland or Journey to the Center of the Earth in Discoveryland I would book my trip there as soon as possible after the attraction opens. Yes one attraction can be a big draw but to be a big draw it must be BIG! And there is nothing wrong about it.

Cody5242

2015 is the year of really big block buster movies such as Avatar 2, Star Wars VII, Pixar's Planes, The Avengers 2, Pirate of the Caribbean 5, Hunger Games 2, Batman reboot, Prometheus 2, Fantastic 4 reboot, Incredible Hulk reboot, and a it of others!

Most of these are Disney productions or Disney has the theme park rights (Avatar and non-Disney produced Marvel titles for west coast). Besides Avatar, Disney can plan theme park tie-ins to these properties at launch. Avatar at DHS would tie in to Avatar 3, which will be filmed with Avatar 2 next year and could be released in sync with the DHS attraction opening in 2017.
Planes and The Hunger Games 2 both come out this year

djkidkaz

Ok so with todays announcement of Harry Potter coming next year, Disney has to make a move, right? Cars Land green lit? How much longer until D23 event? Something!

djkidkaz

Why would today's announcement cause a change? Diagon Alley was no secret to Disney.

The change is that now its official and public knowledge and they are going to be getting a TON of press from it. The unaware folks of the world who don't know anything are now going to start booking vacations to Uni for 2014. Disney needs to do something to make sure folks are focused on coming to Disney, even if that means Cars Land doesn't arrive until 2015. That may be enough for folks to say they will wait a year longer and book with Disney and make Uni just a stop during that visit.

lazyboy97o

The change is that now its official and public knowledge and they are going to be getting a TON of press from it. The unaware folks of the world who don't know anything are now going to start booking vacations to Uni for 2014. Disney needs to do something to make sure folks are focused on coming to Disney, even if that means Cars Land doesn't arrive until 2015. That may be enough for folks to say they will wait a year longer and book with Disney and make Uni just a stop during that visit.
But Disney still knew it was happening and seen the error of announcing too early on in the process.

Fox&Hound

But sadly, I think Disney sees that as small change. If they haven't done something yet (and I'm not sure how NFL fits into that) they won't jump at this news either. They are the #1 vacation resort/destination, and I think they sometimes get stagnant thinking they don't have to make changes and people will still come. I love Disney (obviously), but that is dangerous thinking, for sure!

Goofyernmost

Wait, I'm so confused...is DHS getting a Carsland or not???
I got it from my sister, that her co-workers third cousins mothers first husband has heard from a bus driver at Disney that it is definite. Carsland will be built sometime between now and the end of time in DHS or maybe DAK or in the Fifth Gate that is also expected to be put in place sometime within that same time frame. Oh, and the monorail will connect Mission Space to the Moon. (A two year advanced Fastpass+ will be required, but, only available to those that make a four month, $700,00 per night reservation at the Grand Floridian.) ;)

SirLink

You don't announce Cars Land as the counter point to the new area of Harry Potter, aka you don't combat something new with an old concept. You counter never before seen with never before seen.

WDWDad13

anyone know why Carsland at DHS was having rumors flying everywhere and that is was virtually a go and then things got quiet? Have anything to do with acquiring Lucas or just reassessing options?

jt04

Ok so with todays announcement of Harry Potter coming next year, Disney has to make a move, right? Cars Land green lit? How much longer until D23 event? Something!

D23 is in August.

Iger made his case yesterday for investing in the parks. Hopefully he convinced others.

We need the new Transformers and Artic attractions to be big draws this summer. Carsland needs to keep drawing record crowds.

PeterAlt

HP expansion leaked out last year. We still don't know if Disney will respond. No solid rumors to go by. Maybe Cars. Maybe Star Wars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom