DHS CARS LAND

RSoxNo1

I really think transporting guests to a fictionalized Pixar campus could work as a way to tie the Pixar specific properties together.

Of course Yoda was imagined out of the Henson 'universe' so a transitional attraction/motif could be possible there.

I think you have made the perfect case for your ideas for "Creator-based lands". Pixar, though seems like a better fit as a studio-based land because it functions more like an enterprise you might find in silicon valley rather than a traditional studio. A new age corporate campus like setting might work.
This could actually be a way to unify a Muppets/Pixar/Star Wars Land. There is some cross over there.

cheezbat

I'm sorry...but Indy could really go. I know it eats crowds but it has been there F-0-R-E-V-E-R (yup, said just like from "The Sandlot") =)

I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan but even I know that they could scrap Indy and fill it with more than enough ideas from Star Wars
Indy needs a presence in WDW. If you're going to axe the stunt show in favor of more Star Wars, then add the Indy ride to Adventureland at Magic Kingdom.

cheezbat

Somewhere down the line parks started building new rides and marketing them as a reason to visit parks. Now it seems like everything new has to be capable of being the only reason someone will visit a park. How many times do you hear people say "FLE is nice, but there isn't enough substance to make people want to visit WDW". What happened to building rides just to add to the appeal of a park? Now it seems everyone want the new attractions to be the big draw.

People want the big E-tickets. It's just like regional amusement parks...always having to build bigger and better things to keep the people coming back.

As for me, I'd much rather have Mystic Manor or Beastly Kingdom over Avatarland or Star Wars land...but I guess I'm in the minority.

midwest_mice

With Mystic Manor looking very impressive it makes me wonder if anything new that may be added to DHS would use the trackless system. While I would love to see a Carsland, I would much rather have a new area of the park that is unique and uses the latest and greatest technology for a really great experience.
I do agree, Indy needs to be put to rest in mothballs. So much could be done in that front corner of the park.

Calvin Coolidge

With Mystic Manor looking very impressive it makes me wonder if anything new that may be added to DHS would use the trackless system. While I would love to see a Carsland, I would much rather have a new area of the park that is unique and uses the latest and greatest technology for a really great experience.
I do agree, Indy needs to be put to rest in mothballs. So much could be done in that front corner of the park.

Part of me suspects they'll never build anything trackless in the United States. To me, there's no reason not to have one in every park.

Fox&Hound

Better fit in Adventureland, much more needed in DAK.
I feel like it would be too much of a repeat of Haunted Mansion (at least in style) to be in the same park (Magic Kingdom). If it were in AK it could be a real stand out. I mean, it's not like this is actually happening, so it's all just wishful thinking anyways. =)

Pumbaa1222

Labrynth is a property owned and distributed by Disney which was produced by Lucas / Henson working together. I think a new generation needs to be introduced to it!

Not to mention, maybe Captain EO could find a permanent home in Lucasland. Thematically, makes much more sense than Epcot

SyracuseOrange

I'd love a Mystic Manor type ride built in AK. It could be themed to a big game hunter or animal photographer. That would be a great draw for that park and would really fit into the look of the park.

That kind of goes against everything DAK stands for.

And themed to animal photography kind of reminds me of Pokemon Snap...

Daannzzz

The Mystic Adventurers club. Join the tour through the hunters lodge where the ghosts of the trophies come alive and exact their revenge!!!

G00fyDad

Labrynth is a property owned and distributed by Disney which was produced by Lucas / Henson working together. I think a new generation needs to be introduced to it!

I think that they need to leave Labyrinth alone. That is just one of those movies, like Goonies and Caddyshack, that shouldn't be redone. No remakes needed. I might not mind a prequel of Labyrinth to show where the Goblin King came from, etc... But it would have to be done henson puppet style. No CG!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I think that they need to leave Labyrinth alone. That is just one of those movies, like Goonies and Caddyshack, that shouldn't be redone. No remakes needed. I might not mind a prequel of Labyrinth to show where the Goblin King came from, etc... But it would have to be done henson puppet style. No CG!

I also think they should leave it alone.

Also, they DID make a prequel to Labrynth in 2005. It showed at Sundance (I think...though it may have been Cannes). It's called MirrorMask. I looked it up one time to check it out.

It was horrid.

G00fyDad

I also think they should leave it alone.

Also, they DID make a prequel to Labrynth in 2005. It showed at Sundance (I think...though it may have been Cannes). It's called MirrorMask. I looked it up one time to check it out.

It was horrid.

Found it. Horrid indeed. But that is not a prequel to Labyrinth. That is a stand alone movie done "in the same style" as Labyrinth.

Skibum1970

People want the big E-tickets. It's just like regional amusement parks...always having to build bigger and better things to keep the people coming back.

As for me, I'd much rather have Mystic Manor or Beastly Kingdom over Avatarland or Star Wars land...but I guess I'm in the minority.

I think that more of us would agree with you than you think. If only TDO management would get on board...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom