DHS CARS LAND

GSP Guy

Carsland is a truly different (and equally beautiful) land at night. The place has such a different vibe with all of that neon. Another "well done" in my book. We were able to experience Radiator Springs Racers twice (with FP both times) and Luigi's Flying Tires once. Both are fantastic attractions (the Disney buff in my loves that they chose to bring back the flying saucers!), though I can see (and did see numerous times) the problems that the Tires cause with operations. I have to say though at one point on our ride we had a clear shot from one side of the rink to the other...and MAN did my wife and I get some serious speed on those tires!

Anyway. Aside from the attractions, the Land gives off such a fantastic vibe, you just want to be there...to stand on Route 66, to hang out at Flo's V8 Cafe (for breakfast and dinner), to go through Sarge's Surplus Store a half dozen times, to get another snack at the Cozy Cone...you just want to hang out there, to soak up as much as you can...the energy they've created feeds through the excitement of the crowd...through the children who see their favorite characters literally driving themselves down the streets and interacting with them! And then the sun goes down, the neon turns on, the car dance party starts (I don't know the name of that Car that hosts the party) and the suck you back in again!

Guys, I'm not kidding, Carsland is THAT good...that immersive. If you're a Disney fan and a WDW it TRULY warrants a trip out west to see! And when you experience it, you'll want something just as good! Hopefully you also appreciate the desire to be "unique" like I do...I don't want a CARSLAND...but I want our own "CARSLAND" and I want it soon. I want to have that much excitement again when visiting WDW.
My friend you should definitely be in marketing! After reading your post I wanted to jump on a plane to California!

lazyboy97o

Not to stir the controversy, only because i find it interesting (i'm in Italy, and looks like Paris is gettin Marvel sooner anyway ;), but instead of "buying back" the rights couldn't they just buy back the exclusivity clause? I mean, new Marvel attractions in Orlando would likely spike attendance number in certain demographics for both resorts, and Universal could get a nice cut in their Marvel fee. Just for the sake of discussion =)
The Marvel Agreement was signed in 1994. At the end of 1996, Marvel Entertainment would declare bankruptcy. While the actual fee is censored in the published contract, it is likely a steal considering how Marvel has since grown. It also does not get renegotiated, as the fee increases annually to adjust for inflation. This means, baring an economic catastrophe, Universal has a pretty good idea of what they are going to pay each year.

doctornick

If you define "new" as within twenty years, then you can add Cartoon Spin to this group of attractions from DL they can clone. But, guess what? They can't clone that either because of a licensing arrangement with Steven Spielberg that restricts them from bringing that property here too. I rode it and it's a good ride that would fit in nicely.

Huh? Why would such a licensing agreement exist? Isn't it a Touchstone film (which is a Disney subsidiary)?

lazyboy97o

Huh? Why would such a licensing agreement exist? Isn't it a Touchstone film (which is a Disney subsidiary)?
The film also involved Amblin and Warner Brothers. I have a hard time believing Spielberg is much of a hurdle these days given who is currently distributing his films. The attraction opened in 1994 and then its clone in 1996. I think the bigger reason it never came to Florida is that there were bigger plans in place for the Disney-MGM Studios.

magicallactose

Jim Hill has said that it's getting the full dining experience inside Hogwart's Castle.

I would make a visit to Hollywood just to experience that. I can't tell you how many times I've fantasized about eating in the Great Hall. (Although my diet is free of meat, gluten, dairy, and refined sugar, so I'm not really sure what I would eat. But still, it would be worth it)

PhotoDave219

I would make a visit to Hollywood just to experience that. I can't tell you how many times I've fantasized about eating in the Great Hall. (Although my diet is free of meat, gluten, dairy, and refined sugar, so I'm not really sure what I would eat. But still, it would be worth it)

Then you need to visit BabycakesNYC at Downtown Disney!

PeterAlt

No they weren't, at all. Disney knew the score when they bought Marvel. With the mess they've made of Avatar why on earth would you want them to spend more money on buying the theme park rights to another property when they can't make up their minds what to do with the ones they already have?
Let's agree to disagree and move on.

PeterAlt

Please explain how not being able to build Marvel in WDW is so important to the existence of the company!? You actually believe that this is that serious a threat to Disney? Disney will survive just fine as a corporation without having Marvel in WDW.
I'm not answering this in the interest of not ing everyone on this BB off. There's no hope to convincing you that there's a problem with this. As news develops, I'll point out what's happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom