DHS CARS LAND

disney fan 13

It just felt out of place in the Star Wars universe. The Yuuzhan Vong would be right at home in a setting like say Warhammer 40,000, but they seemed to be an awkward fit into the more idealistic space fantasy that Star Wars is.

It spiced it up a little and got the universe away from the "Empire reborn" storylines for a while. ( too long, that series went on forever...)

GeorgiaPinesRJB

It just felt out of place in the Star Wars universe. The Yuuzhan Vong would be right at home in a setting like say Warhammer 40,000, but they seemed to be an awkward fit into the more idealistic space fantasy that Star Wars is.

Not dark enough for 40K. That universe is dark and gritty and everything can kill you and that's why I love it.

NoChesterHester

Looks like right now only RSR with a monsters coaster and a ratatouille ride

Strangely, this sounds like the right thing to do. I want a reason to visit Anaheim, so keeping the full land there makes total sense. We all know how expensive the full Carsland is and if it were green lit for Orlando it is doubtful we would get anything else. Monsters Inc and Ratatouille would also give the Studios an exclusive offering rather than all clones.

Hopefully, like Spirit alluded to we may see an overall makeover with the Studios. It needs love, not just attractions.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Sorry to interupt the Star Wars chatter, but anymore news on Cars Land at DHS??

Nope

beating_a_dead_horse_by_potatoehuman-d3fead4.jpg

Taylor

Strangely, this sounds like the right thing to do. I want a reason to visit Anaheim, so keeping the full land there makes total sense. We all know how expensive the full Carsland is and if it were green lit for Orlando it is doubtful we would get anything else. Monsters Inc and Ratatouille would also give the Studios an exclusive offering rather than all clones.

Hopefully, like Spirit alluded to we may see an overall makeover with the Studios. It needs love, not just attractions.
Exactly what I thought. Ride wise it's a better lineup then Cars Land

awoogala

Why wouldn't some of those people just wait?! I went about a year after Potter opened in the quiet season and everything was a walk on!
Some people are crazy. ;)
I am a rabid HP fan, as well.
I am waiting until they open HP 2.0, and the craziness winds down. I cannot do crowds!

michmousefan

I desperately want to see the GMR refreshed, from new films swapping in for old in AA form to a new ending montage to getting rid of the cheesy CM as an actor part.
This. For a ride that was sort of the "weenie" of the park when it opened, the GMR needs new life. I recall reading that TDO no longer has rights to use the Chinese Theater facade, but fine... make that the centerpiece of the studios re-do. Transform the exterior into a theater facade that pays homage to "the Hollywood that never was" and the small-time hometown cinema (that for some is becoming more of a rarity).

As for the inside of the ride, take out some of the lackluster show scenes (I'll let others argue what those are) and add some new stuff... perhaps a Star Wars cantina scene, a Lone Ranger bit if that movie hits (no guarantees from the trailers I've seen), even a Titanic scene would work, and isn't Jimmy Cameron Disney's buddy now?

Then make the "finale" digital so it's easily updated with new stuff. Good lord, that faded old print with "highlights" like Good Morning Vietnam is a groaner. There's no reason why that couldn't be updated on a regular basis. For a company that has a significant portion of its portfolio in cinema, they do a stunningly lousy job of celebrating those relatively recent hits in the show's finale.

Calvin Coolidge

Sorry if I'm late to the party, but are there any rumors as to what the Ratatouille ride would be? Coaster, movie, IASW/PotC cruiser?
Rumors tend to fall along the lines of the LPS (think Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo) dark ride under construction in the Walt Disney Studios park in Paris. Sort of a "rat's-eye view" kind of thing.

TP2000

This is a Disney issue in general. How many rides are left at Disneyland that haven't been cloned somewhere in the world?

The Matterhorn and Alice.

Plus the Sailing Ship Columbia, Submarine Voyage, and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

The list grows very long very quickly if you just limit the concept to America, the two properties most Americans and Canadians would ever visit. But when you include Tokyo, Hong Kong and Paris in that comparison the list in Anaheim's favor is shortened, mostly by Anaheim clones sent to Tokyo.

Disneyland's Fantasyland alone has more rides than some entire WDW parks have.

Mike K

I really love the idea of a Ratatouille ride from the rat's eye perspective but personally I like the idea of it being in Epcot as opposed to Hollywood Studios. I know cases can be made for both parks but I just like the idea of spreading the Pixar love evenly across the parks and I think a unique ride like that would be a nice compliment to Epcot if a massive refurb ever takes place.

Taylor

I really love the idea of a Ratatouille ride from the rat's eye perspective but personally I like the idea of it being in Epcot as opposed to Hollywood Studios. I know cases can be made for both parks but I just like the idea of spreading the Pixar love evenly across the parks and I think a unique ride like that would be a nice compliment to Epcot if a massive refurb ever takes place.
World Showcase does need some rides. But I don't think they wanted to deal with the criticism of putting another character ride in Epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom