DHS CARS LAND

GLaDOS

And everyone in that picture is going to IOA?

Uh, yea. Look at the picture, man. No one is walking over to the Studios. They're all waiting in line for IoA.

Is this possible, yes, but if you think it's a definite you are as delusional as a Disney fanboi at the opening of new fantasyland. Unless Disney changes the way their tickets are sold, DHS and AK will always be propped up in attendance.

And as long as Universal continues to add and innovate, it's parks will continue gaining attendance and fans.

Jimmy Thick

Maybe you should try really hard and look into what led to the downfall, sale, bankruptcy and buyback of the Disney Store. There are a lot of similarities to what is happening to Walt Disney World.

I don't see Disney World having financial problems.

I don't see empty theme parks.

I don't see merchandise not moving.

I don't see empty restauraunts, well not counting Morocco.

I don't see Disney World going bankrupt or broken off and sold.

What am I missing?

Jimmy Thick- Confused, but curious...

whylightbulb

Original Poster
th

lazyboy97o

What am I missing?

You obviously do not know how to ask, look at and think about why those things occurred at the Disney Store. They don't just happen out of thin air.

twebber55

What am I missing?

you re not missing anything other than uni is gaining on disney and not slowing down

Jimmy Thick

You obviously do not know how to ask, look at and think about why those things occurred at the Disney Store. They don't just happen out of thin air.

It depends whom you ask, and each person will give you a different answer.

You could say bad management.

Someone else could say it was the economy and the Disney Stores in general closed with thousands of other stores of different retail offerings all around the same time.

Ultimately, building shareholder value is paramount.

Jimmy Thick- Not so cut and dry as one would believe...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
And as long as Universal continues to add and innovate, it's parks will continue gaining attendance and fans.

No doubt. I am one of them. I just don't see them passing DHS or AK in the next few years which is what the other person said.

I think Potter 2.0 sounds like it will be amazing, but I thought the original was too. I think a lot of the same people who loved the original will come back for phase 2, but the appeal for adding new visitors to the Universal property will be much less than when WWOHP opened. People who loved the movies have probably already been to IOA. Another ancillary benefit for WDW is when people go down to see Potter 2.0 they may spend a day or 2 at Universal, but a large number will also visit WDW for a few days too. A large number of people still prefer the week long vacation (especially if they are flying), but I don't know anyone who spends a whole week at Universal.

Jimmy Thick

you re not missing anything other than uni is gaining on disney and not slowing down

Uni has gained short term, it has not been seen if they can keep what they have gained. I would not be surprised if they drew around 6 million, which would be a huge loss in attendance.

Jimmy Thick- While Disney remains consistant, year in, year out...

IWant2GoNow

*peeks into thread*

:eek:

How did a once promising & tantilizing thread turn into an IoA vs DHS war for absolutely no reason?

IWant2GoNow - The "driving force" is not strong with this one.

GLaDOS

I think Potter 2.0 sounds like it will be amazing, but I thought the original was too. I think a lot of the same people who loved the original will come back for phase 2, but the appeal for adding new visitors to the Universal property will be much less than when WWOHP opened.

Without additions to DHS or DAK, IoA and USF could easily reach their level after Potter 2.0 opens. DHS has been stagnant or decreasing in attendance the past 3 years, and DAK has had minimal gains. Potter 2.0 will be just as successful as 1, and the other additions to the Studios and IoA in the next 2 years will strengthen Uni's market share.

DHS and DAK won't have new additions until what? 2016 or 17 at the earliest? With Potter opening in 2014/15, Transformers, Simpsons, as well as projects that haven't even gotten off the ground yet, I don't think it will be hard for Universal to catch DAK and DHS.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Without additions to DHS or DAK, IoA and USF could easily reach their level after Potter 2.0 opens. DHS has been stagnant or decreasing in attendance the past 3 years, and DAK has had minimal gains. Potter 2.0 will be just as successful as 1, and the other additions to the Studios and IoA in the next 2 years will strengthen Uni's market share.

DHS and DAK won't have new additions until what? 2016 or 17 at the earliest? With Potter opening in 2014/15, Transformers, Simpsons, as well as projects that haven't even gotten off the ground yet, I don't think it will be hard for Universal to catch DAK and DHS.

I'm just not sure that IOA can sustain the 30%+ increases in attendance. I think all of the new additions will definitely maintain current attendance levels since you will be giving people a lot to come back to, but I think it's still to be seen if they will lead to sustained attendance growth. I think it is definitely possible that IOA could pass DHS or AK in attendance the first full year Potter 2.0 is open. I just don't think that it's definite which is what the other person said.

GLaDOS

I'm just not sure that IOA can sustain the 30%+ increases in attendance. I think all of the new additions will definitely maintain current attendance levels since you will be giving people a lot to come back to, but I think it's still to be seen if they will lead to sustained attendance growth. I think it is definitely possible that IOA could pass DHS or AK in attendance the first full year Potter 2.0 is open. I just don't think that it's definite which is what the other person said.

IoA will be up again this year. Not 30%, but I'd personally still expect a double digit increase in attendance. Things haven't really slowed down all that much in terms of interest in WWoHP. The key is getting the Studios up to that level as well as keeping the people interested, which I don't doubt their ability to do.

G00fyDad

Is it redundant to have a clone WWOHP in California? Because that's happening.

Why wouldn't Disney (or any theme park operator) want to copy wildly successful lands in other parks? The overlap of guests between DLR and WDW is relatively small.

Great. Universal is cloning something that has given them some success that they haven't seen before. ;) Does that mean Disney has to follow Universal now? No.

There is no doubt they would have a good thing on their hands if they cloned. But they would have a great thing if they used something else as a model (not necessarily Star Wars) for Florida.

herc

I have never been to DL, I plan on going eventually, but them having Carsland is not a huge draw for me to travel 3,000 miles. If this is what HS can do then its atleast a step in the right direction. I hope that they revamp the entire "studios" by adding the MI coaster, more Muppets and more with Toy Story.

We wen to DL and DCA over the summer and had a BLAST in Carsland. It is the best Disney product recently in any US Disney Park. We are booked to see the new Fantasyland in February and just today booked a trip to Disneyland this coming summer. Yes, it was that much fun.

And to let everyone know, RSR is not a clone of TT. There is more story involved in RSR and there is an actual race at the end. It draws you into the story. It would be the same with every roller coaster out there if you thought RSR was a clone of TT. Just not true. I'm just hoping that DCA goes thru with phase two sooner rather than later. The indoor drive-in (ok would that be a clone of Sci Fi Dine-In?) would be cool. Would love if they did something with the Wheel Well Inn, too.

Don't know if Carsland would work in DHS. I just think that they should expand the Idea of Pixar Place and make it the largest "land" in the park. Expanding Star Wars Universe could be the second largest.

twebber55

We wen to DL and DCA over the summer and had a BLAST in Carsland. It is the best Disney product recently in any US Disney Park. We are booked to see the new Fantasyland in February and just today booked a trip to Disneyland this coming summer. Yes, it was that much fun.

And to let everyone know, RSR is not a clone of TT. There is more story involved in RSR and there is an actual race at the end. It draws you into the story. It would be the same with every roller coaster out there if you thought RSR was a clone of TT. Just not true. I'm just hoping that DCA goes thru with phase two sooner rather than later. The indoor drive-in (ok would that be a clone of Sci Fi Dine-In?) would be cool. Would love if they did something with the Wheel Well Inn, too.

Don't know if Carsland would work in DHS. I just think that they should expand the Idea of Pixar Place and make it the largest "land" in the park. Expanding Star Wars Universe could be the second largest.
i like expanding both but would probably go with cars because i eel DHS probably needs more family stuff so pixar place would be a great start....

MattM

What am I missing?

You should head over to Disney Investor's website and take a look at their most recent conference call transcript. There, you will find what you're missing. Plus, you won't have to be curious b/c you actually read something factual.

MattM - These add ons are not as clever as you may think.

doctornick

There is no doubt they would have a good thing on their hands if they cloned. But they would have a great thing if they used something else as a model (not necessarily Star Wars) for Florida.

Why can't they have a great clone and a great new attractions? There's no reason not to build Cars Land and expand the Star Wars presence in DHS.

Furthermore, the rumors for Pixar Place involve not just Cars Land, but the Monsters Inc door coaster which would be unique to WDW and possibly a Ratatouille ride which would be unique among US parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom