DHS CARS LAND

GeorgiaPinesRJB

I don't think I'd mind a coaster or two where maybe the steel was at least partially exposed, provided the area/queue/details surrounding the coaster ect were well done. The video of the Crystal Wings roller coaster that has been floating around here is, I think a perfect example of how a "open" coaster could still be done right...and I'm sure Disney could do it better. Still immersive but it would allow of a little bit more height that the other Disney coasters:

Trust me, it doesn't always happen. Just sayin'. Your statement is too much of a generalization. I've known some that "grow back into" the parks but I've known just as many who said nope, don't ever need to go back. The pull of Disney is simply not all that strong with everyone...as much as Disney wishes that were the case, lol.

I do agree that Carsland is Disney's best bet at this time to pull in boys. It's there only franchise that moves massive amounts of merchandise geared towards boys. REally do expect/hope it comes...WDW would be foolish not to bring it.

Also, 1000 posts. Wooooo! I spend too much time on here...and I love it! ;)

Bubbles, I agree, Disney could do that better and I wouldn't mind seeing something like that added maybe eventually...but I don't think it's a good fit for Pandora or even some other properties people want to attach to this kind of ride system. It'll have to tell a story just the way Everest does and to do so, it probably wouldn't be as fast... Personally, if a coaster were to be added, I would like the Monsters Inc Door Coaster at DHS or a Fire Mountain coaster in Adventureland (and then all the lands have a mountain, since SDMT will be the mountain for Fantasyland).

And I know, not everyone does but I have discovered much more do then don't... I admit, I went through a period around that age (middle school to 9th grade) where I thought it wasn't cool to like the parks and that they were "lame." And then my aunt took my to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the MK and then I sang in Candelight the following year...and I fell in love all over again. And I went almost every year until I moved back to Georgia from Central Florida haha

Do I think there needs to be something to appeal to teens and boys? Yes. But do I think coasters are the answer? No. I think Disney can do what Disney has always done and find something that will appeal to this demographic. Cars is a step in the right direction, maybe beef up the Star Wars area in DHS a bit more (since Clone Wars animated series is freaking HUGE right now)

Besides, even those who "grow out" of the parks will eventually find their way back once they have kids and the kids want to go haha and the cycle renews

HTF

Here is a picture I took of Carsland on my last visit, needless to say I'm all for it coming to DHS. Not really sure how anyone could argue against this.

IMG_6408.jpg

doctornick

As I said - we are not good examples of the average guest. Just sayin...

I think people who enjoy HM and PotC are a good example of average guests for WDW. WDW draws the people it does because they enjoy the types of attractions it offers. It's true that the "wants thrills only" crowd is not going to be as enticed by WDW, but I don't think they are going to WDW to begin with. They've never been a part of the massive attendance that WDW has ever had.

Not that there is anything wrong with adding a more thrilling roller coaster or two (provided it fits with the theme of where it is placed) to WDW, but that's not going to make a dramatic difference in bringing in the thrill seeking individual. You'd have to totally change the scope of the parks to bring in that crowd, which would negatively affect the crowd that is already going to Disney. WDW has it niche in the theme park world and it is for an all ages, highly themed/immersive, more upscale, moderate thrills at the most place.

ps: I'm among those who loved WDW as a teen and preferred it to local more thrilling parks (though I enjoyed both for different reasons).

nytimez

Here is a picture I took of Carsland on my last visit, needless to say I'm all for it coming to DHS. Not really sure how anyone could argue against this.

Arguing against it isn't the same as saying it stinks. Cars Land is awesome and I enjoyed my time there, and I don't even like Cars all that much. And, assuming TDO doesn't cut too many corners, I'd enjoy Cars Land at WDW.

BUT... personally, if they're going to add a major new land to DHS or anywhere else, I would rather see something different, original and one-of-a-kind.

HTF

Arguing against it isn't the same as saying it stinks. Cars Land is awesome and I enjoyed my time there, and I don't even like Cars all that much. And, assuming TDO doesn't cut too many corners, I'd enjoy Cars Land at WDW.

BUT... personally, if they're going to add a major new land to DHS or anywhere else, I would rather see something different, original and one-of-a-kind.

If there is to be any cloning for a land give me Mysterious Island at the Magic Kingdom, but I agree with the original content 100%.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

If there is to be any cloning for a land give me Mysterious Island at the Magic Kingdom, but I agree with the original content 100%.

Mysterious Island as a subland as Adventureland? I would love a Fire Mountain/Journey Through the Center of the Earth in MK...just not sure where to stick it haha I think Cars Land is a natural fit for DHS, as an extension of Pixar Place.

Beholder

It's funny, but on the subject of teens liking, not liking Disney, may not be so much Disney related, but just that general "family thing" that teenagers tend to rebel against. Obviously I'm not speaking for all teens, but it's been my observation that that at around the teen years, family activities tend to become "uncool". Give them the opportunity to experience Disney by themselves, maybe with a friend or two, they'll love it. A lot of parents have trouble (myself included) with the fact that teens don't want to be around them. Again, I'm not speaking for everybody, just some personal observations about how they sometimes behave. All part of growing up.

Turtle

WDW needs a real coaster. 'nuff with the kiddie and family coasters already.

Thunder is a kiddie coaster, Everest a family coaster. Manta and Dueling Dragons, that's where it's at. Those are fun coasters, up to modern standards. Still relatively tame in comparison to what they build in thrill seeker theme parks.
Rock 'n Rollercoaster?

The Empress Lilly

The parks in WDW are no thrill seeker theme parks so why should they build such rides? Why should they even are interested in? It's not what Disney parks are meant to be.
But...DAK was meant to be build with Dueling Dragons. In Beastly Kingdom, where instead we now get Soarin 2.0.

DAK did eventually get Everest. And look what it did for attendance! It propelled DAK ahead of DHS. Wish they would've done it again, instead of cancelling the planned coaster for Pandora. Rohde with Beastly Kingdom and Cameron with Avatar were right to ask for a coaster in their area. It is what DAK needs, what this corner of DAK needs.

Spike-in-Berlin

What attractions would WDW's Carsland be replacing? Lights Motors Action show and the tram ride?

I am quite sure that LMA would be a part of it and I am glad about it because I loathe LMA, most boring live show in WDW. And of course quite a lot of the backstage studio tour too, at least those buildings near to LMA.

Spike-in-Berlin

Mysterious Island as a subland as Adventureland? I would love a Fire Mountain/Journey Through the Center of the Earth in MK...just not sure where to stick it haha I think Cars Land is a natural fit for DHS, as an extension of Pixar Place.

That would be placed in the Adventureland expansion area, southwest of the Junge Cruise, with access through a bottleneck between the PotC building and Jungle Cruise. Exactly where Fire Mountain was rumored to be placed. Of course an Über-E-Ticket, a MK-version of Mysterious Island combining Fire Mountain (instead of 20.000 LutS like in TDS) AND JTTCOTE! would be such an enormous addition to the park, I believe attendance would skyrocket if they would bulid it, as it did in DCA after the opening of Cars Land.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's funny, but on the subject of teens liking, not liking Disney, may not be so much Disney related, but just that general "family thing" that teenagers tend to rebel against. Obviously I'm not speaking for all teens, but it's been my observation that that at around the teen years, family activities tend to become "uncool". Give them the opportunity to experience Disney by themselves, maybe with a friend or two, they'll love it. A lot of parents have trouble (myself included) with the fact that teens don't want to be around them. Again, I'm not speaking for everybody, just some personal observations about how they sometimes behave. All part of growing up.

Good point. Disney is a very popular High School senior year class trip in my area, which tends to support what you are saying.

lebeau

But...DAK was meant to be build with Dueling Dragons. In Beastly Kingdom, where instead we now get Soarin 2.0.

DAK did eventually get Everest. And look what it did for attendance! It propelled DAK ahead of DHS. Wish they would've done it again, instead of cancelling the planned coaster for Pandora. Rohde with Beastly Kingdom and Cameron with Avatar were right to ask for a coaster in their area. It is what DAK needs, what this corner of DAK needs.

I'm not anti-coaster. But for my money, DAK needs a dark ride more than anything. Jungle Book dark ride for the win!

Adam5897

I don't think I have ever seen anyone refer to Everest as a family coaster.

Scared my husband. *snickers*

I find Everest to be more on the family coaster side. I don't find it to be very thrilling and neither has my 11 year old niece. However the theming fr the thrill rides at WDW makes up for it.

afar28

Would Carsland completely eliminate the Backlot Tour? If so, what would happen to the Backlot express QS place? Re-theme?

spacemt354

Chili's
Would Carsland completely eliminate the Backlot Tour? If so, what would happen to the Backlot express QS place? Re-theme?

I would think so. Especially since the Monster's Inc coaster would also be cutting into the Backlot Tour. I hope the Backlot Express gets rethemed to Pizza Planet, because the location of the current Pizza Planet by the Muppets always bothered me. If this does happen, I hope it will find its home in Pixar Place where it belongs, imo.

CinematicFusion

I find Everest to be more on the family coaster side. I don't find it to be very thrilling and neither has my 11 year old niece. However the theming fr the thrill rides at WDW makes up for it.

I would rather have an excellent themed coasters like Everest then a plain coaster with thrills.

So with avatar possibly getting the green light again...does this mean DHS expansion is put on hold?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom