DHS CARS LAND

nytimez

My vision for 2062 has more of a Mad Max look to it. There will be scooters, but they'll be made of spare motorcycle parts, run on kerosene and armed to the teeth.

jdmdisney99

Tell ya what. Meet me outside the gates of Disney's Marvel Super Hero Land in Anaheim on Oct. 22, 2062 and we'll take an informal survey and see if that turns out to be true. Drinks will be on me either way.
By that time I'm sure they'll have a prune you can just eat and experience the parks in your mind.

Magenta Panther

Disney has devoted a story to the new Muppet film, and the Marvel films. So what are you saying?

I'm saying the Muppets and the Marvel characters already existed in a definitive form before Disney bought them. There will never be a Disney version, a major re-imagining of them, as per the way Disney depicted the Seven Dwarfs and characters from the Jungle Book or Mary Poppins. The way that Disney interpreted those stories is what made those movies successful, and it is that artistic and innovative process that made Disney, Disney. That's what the term "Disney magic" is referring to. It has to do with artistry and innovation. Not buying power. That's what I'm saying.

Turtle

I'm saying the Muppets and the Marvel characters already existed in a definitive form before Disney bought them. There will never be a Disney version, a major re-imagining of them,

Are you saying the new Disney Muppet movie didn't feel like an original with Jim Henson? They didn't change anything! They stayed true to the characters and films so there's no major re-imagining, I don't know what you're saying.

bubbles1812

Are you saying the new Disney Muppet movie didn't feel like an original with Jim Henson? They didn't change anything! They stayed true to the characters and films so there's no major re-imagining, I don't know what you're saying.
Thats his point... because Disney the company didn't specifically make the Muppets, create those characters, make their own "vision" of them... it is obviously not Disney and should be removed from the parks... I'd argue that the Muppets are very much in the spirit of what Walt Disney was going for with the creation of characters and see absolutely no problem with their presence in the parks. I think most would agree with me. I personally like the variety we have the parks of yes, even acquired Disney characters. I think it's a rather close minded opinion personally but to each their own I suppose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom