DHS CARS LAND

Beholder

I'd like to throw my 2 cents in on the Muppets being appropriate for Disney or not. I've never viewed the Muppets as mean or hateful, but more of a family that fights, argues, and acts childish, but in the end, they have each others back and still manage to love one another. Despite their differences, they make it work. Like a real family. And that's Disney enough for me.

Disneyhead'71

I think that you guy's purity is cute. But the bottomline is that the Modern Disney is a $40B Multinational Media Conglomerate. I fully expect them to use everything in their arsenel in which to mine money.

muteki

The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage boat dark ride at Kings Island (Mason, OH) was gutted in 1991 and replaced with a traditional dark ride, Phantom Theater, in 1992.

Smurf Mountain Minetrain at Kings Dominion (Doswell, VA) survived until it was replaced by Volcano: The Blast Coaster in 1998.

We also had a Smurf Island at Carowinds up until the early-mid nineties. It was little more than a walk-though village and a jungle gym/ball pit though.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage boat dark ride at Kings Island (Mason, OH) was gutted in 1991 and replaced with a traditional dark ride, Phantom Theater, in 1992.

Smurf Mountain Minetrain at Kings Dominion (Doswell, VA) survived until it was replaced by Volcano: The Blast Coaster in 1998.

alas, it was just a smurf overlay on an existing ride. I think for a period they overlaid the yogi bear walkthrough cave too. Poor KD.. full of changing licenses :)

awoogala

ha. Problem with the smurfs is the new movie. I wouldn't let my kids watch it. A bit crass for a kids movie. Kind of like a lot of the DreamWorks movies, they seem to always throw in a few inappropriate jokes for the adults.
They should all take a page from Disney and the Muppets, who knew how to keep adults and kids entertained without delving into booty jokes, etc.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'd like to throw my 2 cents in on the Muppets being appropriate for Disney or not. I've never viewed the Muppets as mean or hateful, but more of a family that fights, argues, and acts childish, but in the end, they have each others back and still manage to love one another. Despite their differences, they make it work. Like a real family. And that's Disney enough for me.

All of this!!! Plus the muppets are funny. One of the few attractions that still makes me laugh out loud is muppets 3D. For me they fit perfectly in DHS. I understand tradition and why they are not in fantasyland in MK. Although pigs in space might fit in TL as a replacement for laugh floor. We can always make room for Dr Strangepork in the Magic Kingdom.

I know I'm just a grown man with an unnatural love for the muppets. I get they are not as popular as Cars, especially with kids today, but I would welcome anything muppets to the parks.

aladdin2007

Is there room for a ride in france if the theater space is gutted? Or would they use the expansion pad between France and Morocco instead of a future pavilion? Which isnt happening anyway so..might as well...I guess.

matt9112

ha. Problem with the smurfs is the new movie. I wouldn't let my kids watch it. A bit crass for a kids movie. Kind of like a lot of the DreamWorks movies, they seem to always throw in a few inappropriate jokes for the adults.
They should all take a page from Disney and the Muppets, who knew how to keep adults and kids entertained without delving into booty jokes, etc.
its 2012......

RSoxNo1

M.rudolf and I have talked about this. My preference would be for all future Pixar based rides to take place in DHS, but Ratatouille in France isn't a major thematic intrusion. I think it's also a bit more manageable from fan boys if it's a brand new addition as opposed to replacing an existing, character free attraction.

Assuming that it's the LPS version of the Ratatouille ride, that creates another interesting scenario for me. I'd love to see an LPS Journey Into Imagination and I assume that would be unlikely if the Ratatouile ride is built. Having said that, I'm intrigued that this ride system may be coming stateside.

novawildcat18

M.rudolf and I have talked about this. My preference would be for all future Pixar based rides to take place in DHS, but Ratatouille in France isn't a major thematic intrusion. I think it's also a bit more manageable from fan boys if it's a brand new addition as opposed to replacing an existing, character free attraction.

I agree because there is a Pixar Place at DHS and that is where all future Pixar attractions should go. Ratatouille in France can definitely be an exception because it takes place in the real world and is not in some other universe or time period like Monster's Inc or Wall-E (once you get over the whole talking rat thing, it's not too unrealistic).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom