DHS CARS LAND

Lee

Adventurer
"Don't spoil our magic. Keep a lid on it."
Yeah...that works...
This led me to thinking of a decent question for @wdwmagic, @Lee, @marni1971, @WDW1974, or whoever else...

Is WDI still as imagination driven as it used to be? I don't mean to downplay them AT ALL. I know what they are capable of but I guess what I'm asking is in terms of original ideas do they still have what it takes to "WOW" us?
Yes. Definately.

muteki

Apple does the same thing. Do you really think someone left a prototype iphone on a bar by accident? Banning it formally makes it that much more appealing.

Knowing (indirectly) who left the phone in the bar, I can say that was probably not intentional :p.

I think the Disney PR machine makes use of peoples opinions online in any way they can, but I highly doubt they condone the initial leak.

IWant2GoNow

Yes. Definately.

Thanks, Lee. I hope they'll be able to unleash whatever they have sooner rather than later. I'm actually most curious as to what other ideas were thrown around for DHS in place of the Carsland idea. I assume it was more pertaining to Pixar, which would be fine with me for that area. Just hope DHS gets something all its own.

tomman710

Disney is also very known to plant "leaks" to gauge fan reaction and to misdirect the rumor mill.

I get why they do it, it makes sense ... but with as many rumors floating around they need to "make good" on one if not more of them so they don't look like "all talk and no walk" ... essentially. I think there comes a point where floating out rumors whether to gauge or misdirect will hurt them if nothing ever comes of anything.

Especially when most of us here probably trust the words of @Lee @marni1971 @WDW1974 et al way more than we trust the words of Rasulo, Staggs, and the neophyte pixieheads of the parks blog.

Turtle

spoil_zpsb8d3339c.jpg

"Don't spoil our magic. Keep a lid on it."
i dont understand the significance of that and why it's being tossed around the boards.. Would that just be to keep a lid on a bottle or something?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
i dont understand the significance of that and why it's being tossed around the boards.. Would that just be to keep a lid on a bottle or something?

There was discussion a few posts back about employees leaking information about future attractions. That picture is from a recent video where Imagineers were being interviewed.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There was discussion a few posts back about employees leaking information about future attractions. That picture is from a recent video where Imagineers were being interviewed.

I remember seeing that in the video and thinking how ironic it was posted on this board. We all want inside info and at the end of the day no harm comes from it. Just keeping the fans happy.

I met John Lasseter today at Epcot. He and his wife are doing beverage seminars for their winery as part of the Food and Wine Festival. You can meet him yourself if you go to the Festival Center where he should be signing bottles of wine (priced at $30 - $ 50), taking pictures, and answering questions from 3pm - 3:30pm on the 17th. They sell the wine directly for $24 - $40 so pricing isn't ridiculous. The seminar is from 2pm - 2:45pm and anyone can watch in the back, though space has long since sold out. He talks mostly about wine, but adds in some stories about Walt, Disneyland, etc.

Anyway, I asked him, "So is Cars Land coming to Florida?" His response was, "I sure hope so."

Take from that what you will. He also talked for a brief moment about New Fantasyland, which he was not aware was open to guests yet.

ikjsQ.jpg

Here they are presenting.

Tom

Beta Return
I met John Lasseter today at Epcot. He and his wife are doing beverage seminars for their winery as part of the Food and Wine Festival. You can meet him yourself if you go to the Festival Center where he should be signing bottles of wine (priced at $30 - $ 50), taking pictures, and answering questions from 3pm - 3:30pm on the 17th. They sell the wine directly for $24 - $40 so pricing isn't ridiculous. The seminar is from 2pm - 2:45pm and anyone can watch in the back, though space has long since sold out. He talks mostly about wine, but adds in some stories about Walt, Disneyland, etc.

Anyway, I asked him, "So is Cars Land coming to Florida?" His response was, "I sure hope so."

Take from that what you will. He also talked for a brief moment about New Fantasyland, which he was not aware was open to guests yet.

ikjsQ.jpg

I guess I'll be first to thank you for this very interesting post.

Taylor

ikjsQ.jpg

And so the plot thickens

GeorgiaPinesRJB

The more and more I think about this, yes Carsland for DHS would work and be awesome. If done correctly, it can be given the idea, that along with Pixar Place, the story has come to life and broken out into the park... I like this. I don't think all the rest of Pixar stuff should be moved to DHS... Okay, move Laugh Floor over there and give me a new something in Tomorrowland. I am exciting about this. Hope it's true.

stevehousse

I don't mind RSR going into the park but I don't really want a full carsland, I'd rather see a full Pixar Studios with Racers as the main e ticket and the MI coaster/dark ride. Also include one other Pixar franchise ride. It would work better for the overall theme of the park rather than plopping a Carsland into a studio park.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

I don't mind RSR going into the park but I don't really want a full carsland, I'd rather see a full Pixar Studios with Racers as the main e ticket and the MI coaster/dark ride. Also include one other Pixar franchise ride. It would work better for the overall theme of the park rather than plopping a Carsland into a studio park.

That's what I would prefer too...

MerlinTheGoat

Lasseter was against the idea of Cars Land at WDW though according to insiders here, he was fighting to keep it a California exclusive land. I realize he has restrictions to what he's supposed to say but I'm wondering what they did to get him to actually say he HOPES it will come. He could have just said something vague and unspecific (like "I've no idea" or whatever which wouldn't force him to sound like he supports or is against the idea, AND wouldn't confirm or deny its existence). His comment almost sounds like he's at least confirming it's being thought about, if not vaguely confirming it's coming.

Pixiedustmaker

Lasseter was against the idea of Cars Land at WDW though according to insiders here, he was fighting to keep it a California exclusive land. I realize he has restrictions to what he's supposed to say but I'm wondering what they did to get him to actually say he HOPES it will come. He could have just said something vague and unspecific (like "I've no idea" or whatever which wouldn't force him to sound like he supports or is against the idea, AND wouldn't confirm or deny its existence). His comment almost sounds like he's at least confirming it's being thought about, if not vaguely confirming it's coming.

Here's the way I see it:

Lasseter has been, and is, against the idea of a cheap Carsland. He had to fight to make sure that the budget for Carsland was adequate. I think when he says, "he hopes", no doubt WDI execs and others will want to have JL give the thumbs up for any plans for Carsland at WDW. Pixar is a cash cow for the company, they do *not* want to do anything that messes with this part of the company, and that includes ticking-off JL.

I think he *hopes* that real logistical issues are resolved, such as where to put Carsland. Don't think DHS automatically, I think a fifth gate is more feasible long term. Plus, Carsland is a big hit now, but the suits probably want to see at least a year of performance, likely two, to predict long term trends and to identify operational issues that might need to be changed with Carsland 2.0.

Cosmic Commando

Here's the way I see it:

Lasseter has been, and is, against the idea of a cheap Carsland. He had to fight to make sure that the budget for Carsland was adequate. I think when he says, "he hopes", no doubt WDI execs and others will want to have JL give the thumbs up for any plans for Carsland at WDW. Pixar is a cash cow for the company, they do *not* want to do anything that messes with this part of the company, and that includes ticking-off JL.

I think he *hopes* that real logistical issues are resolved, such as where to put Carsland. Don't think DHS automatically, I think a fifth gate is more feasible long term. Plus, Carsland is a big hit now, but the suits probably want to see at least a year of performance, likely two, to predict long term trends and to identify operational issues that might need to be changed with Carsland 2.0.
No fifth gate. No no no no no no no. They can't even fill the parks they have now.

tomman710

Why is a fifth gate even mentioned in the current WDW climate? DHS and FutureWorld are shells, DAK needs a new land, and MK hasn't had an E-ticket in what 10-15 years? And we can't even get TDO to invest a few million to upgrade to digital at Philharmagic and Soarin ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom