DHS CARS LAND

misterID

I think they understand and (somewhat) appreciate the theming of WDW -- they just come up with really stupid ideas that they think can stretch the limits of theming to fit their ideas. I don't think anyone at Disney is dumb enough to think RSR would fit in FrtL... At least anyone that matters.

See, even a misquote is better than an existence as part of the nameless, amorphous mass of posters here.

With threads running into 100 pages, people eventually only stop and read the posts of posters they know by name. Like picking the known brand from a supermarket shelf.

More like the WWE, but at least those guys are getting paid for their on screen characters douchery.

EOD K9

Time for an opinion poll and threadjack. People have said they don't want to see a new Cars Land Clone. Would you people be ok with the same tested track layout....but an entirely new theme? Second, I know WDI has moved rides across the country and/or overseas, have they ever actually moved an attraction between lands, or between parks in the same property? Fire away!!

doctornick

Time for an opinion poll and threadjack. People have said they don't want to see a new Cars Land Clone. Would you people be ok with the same tested track layout....but an entirely new theme?

I'd argue for the opposite -- same theme but with a different track. Make the experience somewhat different much like other clones have unique execution. A somewhat different path of the road would help. I'd also like to see some of the AAs changed up -- maybe give a bigger part to Fillmore and Sarge or something. Or have the cars go to Flo's for fuel instead one of Ramone's or Luigi's.

Second, I know WDI has moved rides across the country and/or overseas, have they ever actually moved an attraction between lands, or between parks in the same property? Fire away!!

Astro Orbitor, or whatever it is called there, was moved in DL from a rooftop location to ground level.

EOD K9

Thanks for the reply. So often on here people would state something like, "They should move MILF Monster's Inc Laugh Floor to DHS. Just wondering if something like that was ever accomplished. I'd imagine it would take a lot of work to dismantle and then redo a building or whatever.

Turtle

Thanks for the reply. So often on here people would state something like, "They should move MILF Monster's Inc Laugh Floor to DHS. Just wondering if something like that was ever accomplished. I'd imagine it would take a lot of work to dismantle and then redo a building or whatever.
I'm no architect or something but I don't think so. It's a theater attraction so they just need to set up the theater in DHS (perhaps Stage 1?) and move over the computers used for interactivity. That can free up some space in MK if they plan out a Tomorrowland refurb.

It could take a 20 minute load off of Toy Story Mania for not as much of a cost, as well as making Pixar Place one-step closer to being a land. After that all it would take an e-ticket (DLP Ratatouille Clone?) and a restaurant (Pizza Planet?) and a store (Al's Toy Barn or BnL from Wall-E?)

doctornick

As already said, moving Laugh Floor wouldn't be that tough because a lot of the space is seating. You can easily replicate that elsewhere without physically moving the entire building. You just need to move the actually screen/stage stuff.

Moving a whole ride with tracks and vehicles would, I think, be much more cost prohibitive.

Turtle

As already said, moving Laugh Floor wouldn't be that tough because a lot of the space is seating. You can easily replicate that elsewhere without physically moving the entire building. You just need to move the actually screen/stage stuff.

Moving a whole ride with tracks and vehicles would, I think, be much more cost prohibitive.
And it could go in Soundstage 1 easily. The only problem I can think of is the facade with having the Pixar-Emeryville brick overlay on the land.

IMO the Toy Story Mania facade in DHS isn't great

The Empress Lilly

There are examples of pretty much all scenarios:

An attraction was dismantled and moved from outside to WDW: CoP.
An attraction was dismantled and moved from one WDW park to another: Magic Journeys, from EPCOT to the MK.
An attraction was dismantled and moved from WDW to another resort: Mickey Mouse Revue went from the MK to Tokyo.
An attraction was dismantled and moved within the same land: King Arthur Carousel was moved a few yards.
An attraction was dismantled and moved to another land within the same park: Dumbo, moved from FL to SCL.
An attraction was dismantled and moved to a McDonalds Playland: Aladdin's Magic Crapfest in 2013.

I do, however, agree that it is mostly fan illusion to expect Splash to FL, Nemo to the MK, Peter Pan to the UK in World Showcase. Real life is not Roller Coaster Tycoon with a cut-and-copy button.

The Empress Lilly

And, crushing self doubt now cripples the forum, as posters wonder if they are part of the anonymous blob, or a shining star...
Self doubt? Nah. This is 2012, this is the internets. Everybody thinks himself a forum star. With pertinent, important opinion. The thread-winning, final word on every WDW subject. With posts that everybody else has been looking forward to, seeking guidance.

People should get real. Sheesh. Only I myself am accurately described by the above. Yeah.

M.rudolf

Self doubt? Nah. This is 2012, this is the internets. Everybody thinks himself a forum star. With pertinent, important opinion. The thread-winning, final word on every WDW subject. With posts that everybody else has been looking forward to, seeking guidance.

People should get real. Sheesh. Only I myself am accurately described by the above. Yeah.

It's better than tv because if your wrong no one has a clue who you really are

PeterAlt

Carsland is close to being green lit at DHS. There have been varying reports, but it seems as if it will be the full Carsland (minus luigis flying tires) There is also a strong possibility that the long rumored monster's inc doors coaster will be coming as well, and will be placed in between Carsland and tsmm. The backlot and LMA would close in this scenario.

Also there were other rumors that in addition to Carsland/monsters inc, both BatB and TLM shows would be replaced with "tangled" and phineas and ferb shows respectively. In addition, an expansion of the Jedi training academy to the old sounds dangerous studio is also a possibility, along with a smaller expansion of Star Wars that would potentially include somewhere to eat. And lastly, although the rumor has be proven false that a copy of DL's Indy attraction would be coming to DHS, there is still a possibility down the road that the stunt show will be replaced with an Indy attraction, however this is not concrete fact.

And the situation is very fluid, as it always is. Nothing has been announced officially but plans have been presented and ideas are circulating. For me, I'm just glad there seems to finally be some initiative going into renovating DHS.

Thank you! I hope you're right! I've been on the Indy Ride in DL and it really is a cool ride. I don't think they need to get rid of the stunt show. They could have both back to back and have a mini land. The two compliment each other.

From what you're saying, it sounds like it is part of a much larger to overhaul DHS like what is being done at DCA, but smaller in scale. Disney's CEO told stockholders recently that they will start slowing spending but only after the "WDW build-out". Isn't that cryptic? Build-out may very well include several massive projects beyond New Fantasyland and Avatarland (I hope).

PeterAlt

Do you all know, Apple employees are forbidden to talk about rumors and speculation to anyone, including customers, friends, and family. Here, I see so many Disney cast members discussing rumors and speculation like it's something normal and routine.

Did you know, there was a time when Disney and Apple were very close to becoming one company? After Steve Jobs sold Pixar to Disney, he was paid in Disney shares, not cash, making him the largest Disney shareholder. Also, part of the deal, Jobs got a seat on Disney's board, Pixar took control of Disney Studios and Imagineering, and other provisions were set up, making Pixar people more relevant within Disney.

Then, Jobs started getting sick, and all his energies for his remaining years were spent focused on Apple. But, who knows what would have happened if he stayed healthy. He was certainly positioned to stage an Apple takeover of Disney. With the the hundreds of billions of dollars Apple has in the bank today, Jobs could have easily leveraged his Disney stake with some of that cash to create Disney-Apple, Inc.

Then, Apple policy would become Disney policy and all these discussions by cast members would be silenced. So, appreciate the freedom while it lasts!

dcibrando

PeterAlt - I honestly think Disney actually releases rumors as a way to poll lots of fans. Whether or not they listen is another thing... but I do know they have hired people in the past that basically surf the web and disney message boards reading things

GoofGoof

Premium Member
PeterAlt - I honestly think Disney actually releases rumors as a way to poll lots of fans. Whether or not they listen is another thing... but I do know they have hired people in the past that basically surf the web and disney message boards reading things
Apple does the same thing. Do you really think someone left a prototype iphone on a bar by accident? Banning it formally makes it that much more appealing.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Do you all know, Apple employees are forbidden to talk about rumors and speculation to anyone, including customers, friends, and family. Here, I see so many Disney cast members discussing rumors and speculation like it's something normal and routine.

spoil_zpsb8d3339c.jpg

"Don't spoil our magic. Keep a lid on it."

IWant2GoNow

I can't help but imagine that when WDI gets tasked with creating/designing a new concept for an attraction or ride, they get the most excited when it's something completely original. No movie tie in. No character overlay. Just something to compliment an existing environment. As maligned as EE is, at least it was an original concept. I know it's origins are in DL, but it's an original Disney idea. I just think hearing, "ok guys, we need an attraction based on (put movie title here). And don't forget to highlight the merchandise angle!", would be a bit more confining than say, "Alright, Tomorrow Land needs a facelift. Start from scratch, knock our socks off! And remember, let's do something new and exciting!". I know times have changed, but the way it's done now seems so backwards. Build something amazing, and then worry about the merchandise.

This led me to thinking of a decent question for @wdwmagic, @Lee, @marni1971, @WDW1974, or whoever else...

Is WDI still as imagination driven as it used to be? I don't mean to downplay them AT ALL. I know what they are capable of but I guess what I'm asking is in terms of original ideas do they still have what it takes to "WOW" us? The last thing I can personally remember is E:E which has, as we all know, been dwindled down in terms of story to put it nicely, & Soarin'.

Are we remembering WDI of the past (Horizons, SSE, HM, GMR, etc.) when we praise the current WDI (Carsland, FLE, Pixar Place, etc.)? I'd love to see more original concepts but it seems that movie tie-ins are taking center stage. Is this due to TWDC blocking them from their ideas or have current WDI members started looking for "easier concepts" based on movies because they already have a head start from seeing the artist's renditions in the film?

Again, I'm not trying to ridicule or downplay WDI. I'm just curious as to if our (fans) perspective is skewed a little bit because of past attractions based on original ideas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom