DHS Aerial View

J. D.

THe long blue building is attached to Coaster and is the launch and brake run area of the ride. They are not imagining things, the building is being painted blue, we just don't yet know if it will be the entire building or just part of it.
They're currently painting one side of the actual coaster building blue, so I would assume the whole building will be getting the blue treatment.

Last edited:

stretchsje

I'd be surprised if they're doing anything at all for a phase 3 this early in time. That said, bold blue is used frequently in Monstropolis. Was Jim Hill onto something?

tcool123

Crazily enough could Rocknrollercoaster be visible from Toy Story Land, and they're painting it blue so it could blend in with the sky? Similar to what Disney has done with Soarin' over at Epcot.

Jones14

Is the lower part visible from any guest areas in the park? It seems (at first glance) to be a move away from soundstage tan for the sake of blending in/looking more pleasant, similar to how Star Tours' showbuilding did a few years ago.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is a simulation from Google Earth showing a potential eye level from the coaster. The blue arrow is the tall part of the Rock-n-Roller Coaster building.

upload_2017-7-3_17-36-31.png

rocketraccoon

I'm not sure how you'd even block the view from outside the land completely without making it look bad from somewhere in the park. Even then I can't imagine it being a bit deal. People seem fine with things like the Tower of Terror and Test Track as it is.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The building will not be visible from toy Story Land it's pretty far

What? We can't see large things from far away? Like Tower of Terror from Epcot?

Disney's own mock-up of the Slinky-Dog coaster shows it seeing the top of the Chinese theater facade and the top of the neighboring garages. The 'fence' going up is only as large as the garages. In that line of sight you can certainly see the much taller RnRC building and ToT and the Swolphin.

From Disney...

upload_2017-7-3_18-29-22.png

Google Earth Pro point of view with the rest of the taller buildings behind the garage...

upload_2017-7-3_18-31-26.png

You're the one that was peddling DSNY/Jim Hill fantasies. You just don't know what you're talking about. Stop stating things like you're an expert.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom