DHS Aerial View

General Hux

image2-jpg.188179

The part circled in green ?
Yes. My fear that keeps me up at night is that they will make it a Monster Inc. land or expand TS Land. Im just wondering if there are any plausible rumors that it is only for SW Land expansion, or is it just being assumed.

deWild

It will look like mountains, but actually won't be. They're not going to fill it in with a thousand tons of dirt. It will be hollow, and thus, usable in the future.

Question: if they keep it hollow, could it end up being similar in design to the Ariel space in Tokyo Disney Sea? Because that would be a beautiful use of space.

Castle Cake Apologist

Yes, but it is usually, unless alcohol is involved, just a friendly back and forth in relation to our favorite teams. Here if you don't agree with the negative you are a pixie duster or work for Disney or worse. But, why should I be concerned, nothing in life makes even an iota of sense anymore.

To be fair, that goes both way. The other side gets labeled as doom and gloom because they dare to question the decisions of the almighty Mouse.

Goofyernmost

To be fair, that goes both way. The other side gets labeled as doom and gloom because they dare to question the decisions of the almighty Mouse.
I know, but, until the positive people were ceremoniously labeled as Pixie Dusters because they could see the glass half full, no one thought to label the negative Nellie's, glasses half empty, as Gloom and Doomers. Lack of respect and pompous ridicule of one side or the other, is the reason for a lot of upheaval. It's not really hard to tell who the bullies are though. It's the ones that resort to name calling instead of stating their case and explaining their side of the argument.

Slowjack

I know, but, until the positive people were ceremoniously labeled as Pixie Dusters because they could see the glass half full, no one thought to label the negative Nellie's, glasses half empty, as Gloom and Doomers. Lack of respect and pompous ridicule of one side or the other, is the reason for a lot of upheaval. It's not really hard to tell who the bullies are though. It's the ones that resort to name calling instead of stating their case and explaining their side of the argument.
One of the few nuggets of wisdom I've learned on my own during my time on this planet is that it's not a good use of my time to discuss a topic with anyone who has epithets for groups in that topic. I drop out of any computer discussion that includes "Crapple" or "Winblows," any political discussion that includes "wingnuts" or "teabaggers," etc. I'm not missing anything.

I think just about anyone here could probably be made into a "pixie duster" or "doom and gloomer" if the right subject came along.

Goofyernmost

One of the few nuggets of wisdom I've learned on my own during my time on this planet is that it's not a good use of my time to discuss a topic with anyone who has epithets for groups in that topic. I drop out of any computer discussion that includes "Crapple" or "Winblows," any political discussion that includes "wingnuts" or "teabaggers," etc. I'm not missing anything.

I think just about anyone here could probably be made into a "pixie duster" or "doom and gloomer" if the right subject came along.
So true, and just for a blast of irony, the term "pixie duster" actually applies to the D&G's more than others. They are the ones that are insistent on holding onto the past. To never see anything good about the present and to constantly lament what isn't instead of enjoying what is there. Someday everything that we have at Disney today, will be the nostalgic past for the current generation and they will be the D&G's of tomorrow upset because someone changed something that they liked.

Goofyernmost

Oh, I think most do. It just has to be an improvement and not a step backwards. New mediocrity does not equal better.
That is were we sometimes disagree. Improvement implies that things are better. In many cases I agree (like Imagination) that nothing was improved, in fact the opposite happened, but, how we perceive things depends a lot on personal perception, not group. For instance, I liked Horizons, but, it didn't take me long to get bored with it. Toward the end I road it just because it was there and I needed something to do. I find Mission: Space much more fun and innovative and one the I excitedly go on every visit. Many, and I'm pretty sure that you are one of them, think it was not an improvement. Fine, you are looking at it almost exclusively through historians eyeglasses whereas I look at it strictly based on my level of enjoyment. I think most people look at theme park attractions that way. There is a place for the past and I will fight tooth and nail for some things like CoP to be preserved, because to clearly see where we are, we must see where we have been. But, that doesn't apply to everything just because that is what was there and, in it's time, was great. Mission: Space will eventually find that spot with me and even though I love it now, will eventually accept that it will not last forever and there, hopefully, will be something new to experience. I doubt I will be around to see it, but, I still think it will happen.

Goofyernmost

No. Just historical standards and quality.

I've already said I anticipate SWL to be exceptional.
Sure, but what is it replacing that had any real guts recently. I know that you can and do get behind new things that have no impact on things that you like, but, it's the things that are a replacement that tend to get boggled down. I always thought that "Toad" was the cheapest, road side fun house ride possible, in a place like Disney, it just screamed cheap cardboard cutout to me. By comparison Pooh is better in my mind, and I don't even care for it that much either. 20K was a great loss, not because we eventually got a good, albeit short, coaster, but because it was so unique and literally immersive. Was 7DMT an improvement, hard to say, because it is so completely different that it is nearly impossible to compare, but, in my mind, quality wise, it is very well done. So how does one judge that... it is based on personal enjoyment, not fact. New technology has changed things, the public's desires have changed things. Right now there is upset because the theming of the TSL coaster is that of a toy left in the backyard out in the open. It is a perfect theme, but, not to many folks. When all is said and done, none of these things are anything other then things to do in a themed amusement park. We all need to smell the daisies, once in awhile, instead just looking for the roses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom