DHS Aerial View

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I figured we could probably use an aerial view thread like we have in the Avatar forum, especially since the aerial views will often show both the TSL and SWL areas.

There were from a video posted on WESH's Facebook page. Unfortunately they didn't linger on the things we really want to see but you can see some things as they passed over DHS. In the upper right corner of the first picture you can see the start of the new ramp connecting Osceola to the park entrance road. You can also see that everything but the grandstand is gone from LMA and part of the building the held the scene shop and costuming has been demolished. The second picture shows the new retention pond. Land has been cleared but no sign of the conveyor that is going to carry the dirt across the road.
hs1.jpg
hs2.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I figured we could probably use an aerial view thread like we have in the Avatar forum, especially since the aerial views will often show both the TSL and SWL areas.

There were from a video posted on WESH's Facebook page. Unfortunately they didn't linger on the things we really want to see but you can see some things as they passed over DHS. In the upper right corner of the first picture you can see the start of the new ramp connecting Osceola to the park entrance road. You can also see that everything but the grandstand is gone from LMA and part of the building the held the scene shop and costuming has been demolished. The second picture shows the new retention pond. Land has been cleared but no sign of the conveyor that is going to carry the dirt across the road.
View attachment 150045 View attachment 150046

I also noticed in the first picture that they have NOT started setting the laydown yard for the DHS projects yet. This will go on the other side of Osceola.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I wonder what the feasibility of a Marvel themed hotel would be associated with the park. I know they can't have the Uni licensed characters inside the park, but would they be free to put a resort heavily themed on Marvel there?

MagicHappens1971

If a hotel happened, it would have World Drive separating it from the backstage of SW Land.

The fireworks launch pad is to the left of the site though, so I don't know if that's too close for a hotel.
Ok thank you! I was just wondering. Personally as much as I would love for them to extend the park, that's probably unlikely.

Next Big Thing

I wonder what the feasibility of a Marvel themed hotel would be associated with the park. I know they can't have the Uni licensed characters inside the park, but would they be free to put a resort heavily themed on Marvel there?
I don't think they can use the name "MARVEL", but everything else is pretty much fine. Although, being honest, they could make a pretty upscale hotel around the Stark Tower theme.

MagicHappens1971

Hypothetically, they can use the characters, but they can't use the Marvel name. So it couldn't be Marvel's Avenger's Hotel (stupid name, but just an example). It would have to be something like stated above Stark Tower would probably work. They probably would also have to be careful about choosing a theme. I feel like a Marvel themed hotel would be cool if executed correctly, but then again, it would kind of be like Disney advertising for the Marvel attractions down the street.

Next Big Thing

if the do a hotel for DHS id want a classic style hollywood hotel. Maybe... MAYBE even something on the lines of a "hollywood tower" ? I personally wouldnt care for a Marvel themed hotel, and a "Stark tower" seems more epcot to me than DHS.
Yeah... that won't happen. At least not a TOT hotel. CBS would again get paid royalties for using the IP. It's better just to go with an Old Hollywood theme and make it classy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom