DHS 20th anniversary official events revealed

jedimaster1227

:sohappy: I am super happy to see this news! :sohappy:

I adjusted my ADR's so that I am free to stay at DHS for as long as I feel like it without feeling pressured to leave to go see Remy at Chefs. I was happy to find that I could rebook my ADR at Chefs and HBD at my choice of times to make these changes workable in my itinerary without missing out on things that I wanted to do.

I guess I will be registering with the unofficial celebrations gathering now, since it makes total sense to me to be at DHS all day on May 1st. :sohappy:

Glad you can join us! :wave:

Are they even doing Fantasmic that night?:lookaroun

Nope. They won't be having Fantasmic on May 1st or May 2nd.

Good to hear from you! I personally, not speaking for others, miss your updates and info.

I'm still here, just been quiet lately since there isn't anything I feel I need to talk openly about (yet).

You know you can always PM me if you'd like an update, since I'm more quiet on the threads these days... :animwink:

Wow...speaks volumes.:rolleyes:

Not as much as you'd think... :animwink:

Figment1986

Nope. They won't be having Fantasmic on May 1st or May 2nd.

What about a fireworks show featuring Vincent Price as the narrator :lookaroun It would not e hard to get half of the show back up and running... the ending would be a little hard though.

oh, and when people talk about cupcakes.. it reminds me of the 7/17/05 DL 50th anniversay cupcakes.. they did not taste right... then again.. these cupcakes should be coming from disney.. and not just bought by them.

jedimaster1227

Whatever the hours - I'm looking forward to Studio20!

Agreed! :D

C'mon Adam...Spill. You can't have us doubting TDO as usual of they have something to remedy this...

Well, what we (and I) know has been spilled (barring a few minor details of no consequence), but like I did with management at Epcot and with Animal Kingdom, I am more than confident in their plans after meeting and speaking with the team heading up this anniversary celebration. While they don't have anything extravagant like a fireworks show or tag, they are offering an incredible panel of three of the best Studios-related workers in WDI, as well as a unique rope drop ceremony, merchandise and menu additions in honor of the 20th.

That being said, I can only go on what I have been told, but that isn't to say that they couldn't surprise even us... The management team at Disney's Hollywood Studios has the right idea with what they are doing, with the right people in mind and the right audience targeted. My faith in their team is actually rooted back to Epcot, but I'll let you all figure that out on your own! :animwink:

Announcement of new attraction(s) instead?

No promises here. Nothing was mentioned (for or against) on that topic, so at least in terms of official information, I'm clueless.

oh, and when people talk about cupcakes.. it reminds me of the 7/17/05 DL 50th anniversay cupcakes.. they did not taste right... then again.. these cupcakes should be coming from disney.. and not just bought by them.

While I haven't got any proof as to the maker of these cupcakes, like Marcus said, management seemed extremely pleased with the offering, so I know I'll be getting (at least) one for sure!

WDWFigment

My faith in their team is actually rooted back to Epcot, but I'll let you all figure that out on your own! :animwink:

Good to know you're feeling this will be a positive experience (wish I could be there!). Rooted back to EPCOT? Is MacPhee having a hand in this under the guise of his new "special projects" (or whatever it's called) title? :shrug:

Figment1986

If people go can anyone ask if theres ever going to be a new Star Tours? I'd love to hear it straight from an imagineer.

It will probably be the same answer I get when I ask Mark Rose about future projects for Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando.... lol

"we dont discuss.. but we can say we're always lookin at new ideas"

MousDad

Whereas I wish these anniversary events would pack a little more official clout and razmataz (meaning money, of course), I am appreciative of whoever made this effort. I do understand that a park VP can only bring in so much cash for this kind of thing.

I'm assuming that these events were organized by DHS staff only, as Epcot's was. As such, they have my respect, because I'm sure this kind of thumbing your nose at Rasulo and his New Park Order takes a lot of courage.

Of course, one could mysteriously wind up working as something like "VP of Established and Prospective Visual Sightlines" in a few months, but I digress.

WDW1974

Having been at TPFKaTD-MGMS on Opening Day, I'd like to be there on May 1st ... but I am not planning on it.

While 20 years is an important milestone, it isn't as big a deal as say WDW's 30th and 35th and EPCOT's 25th ... all of which were ignored except by fans and LE pin sales.

I sincerely hope that Disney realizes the folly of this thinking and will not do likewise for the 40th. DL's amazing 50th was thrown together in about the same amount of time we have before fall 2011 so it can be done.

Anyway, I hope at least a handful of fanbois ask Jacobson when they'll remove that disgusting hat/pin shack.

~RIP: SiTS~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom