Destination Disney on the UPN

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
There is a show called Destination Disney on the UPN right now, for some odd reason. It's almost like a resort loop, as a top ten on disney property... it's very odd, being on the UPN...

edit: this is kind of creepy. i'm sitting in my room, and i feel like i'm at a disney resort. it's just a top ten list of things to do, for an hour, on the UPN... with some lady hosting. she just takes you to a place, then you hera music and see clips from around property... very odd, but i guess great publicity for people making up their minds on what to do for a summer vacation! :cool:

SewIn2Disney

And for those of you mad that you are missing it, it will be on again the 26th at 7:00pm.
I had two things to see tonight at 8:00, so I figured I'd watch the other one now and catch Destination Disney on the 26th.
Glad to hear that it's worth watching!

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
SewIn2Disney said:
And for those of you mad that you are missing it, it will be on again the 26th at 7:00pm.
I had two things to see tonight at 8:00, so I figured I'd watch the other one now and catch Destination Disney on the 26th.

if you've seen a resort loop, or you don't have ANYTHING else to watch, then yeah, go for it... :lookaroun

nicholas

Tivo'd it and am watching now. Is it just me or does this woman look like she could be Kathie Lee Gifford's sister?

And her La Nouba schpiel was word for word what Kryssa says.

As was most of her Typhoon Lagoon schpiel (Shark Reef).

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
nicholas said:
Tivo'd it and am watching now. Is it just me or does this woman look like she could be Kathie Lee Gifford's sister?

And her La Nouba schpiel was word for word what Kryssa says.

As was most of her Typhoon Lagoon schpiel (Shark Reef).

she looks like Kathleen Turner's sister to me...

nicholas

Why did they make mention of CSC???

And during her intro into Wishes, was that toilet paper on the castle in the background? I guess that gives us a clue as to when it was filmed.

DisneyJedi

By the way this program is not limited to viewers in NY, NJ and CT on WWOR channel 9. If you have Dish Network and the Superstations add-on-pack (not available to everyone apparently) it is on dish channel #238. As SewIn2Disney mentioned it will air again on Saturday for those that missed it. or you might check #d-c in a day or two (see media forum section of this site)

I've never stayed at a WDW resort, but have seen the resort loop. This is like those.

Ghost Host

Account Suspended
SewIn2Disney said:

Dang I don't get UPN. :mad:

Figment1986

I love wishes footage switching between the night of the stitch invasion & archive footage.... (Look at the trashed castle in some shots.. you knew it was going to haunt you one day..)

wannabeBelle

Nope not Kryssa, it is Julie Golden. Wasnt she a news reporter or something at one point? I found it to be a serious rehash of old footage and actually didnt even finish watching it. Couldn't they have snuck in at least a little bit of Crush & Gusher, the actual ride??? Belle

LudwigVonDrake

Julie Golden used to be an Anchor/Reporter for FOX 5 here in NY. She made me wish Kryssa was hosting the show!

My suggestion would be, if there's nothing else on, watch it. You've seen all of this before on the TV in your Disney Hotel.

Next WDW trip: July 8 - July 14 Beach Club :sohappy: :D :sohappy: :D :sohappy: :D :sohappy:

Seen it last night and thought it was kinda strange how this was a new show and when they showd Typhoon Lagoon alot of the footage was of River Country which hasn't been open for a few yrs and she even said Disney has 2 water parks and never mentioned BB.

DisneyCrazyGirl

Caught the last 5 seconds of it. I had no idea it was on I was so mad. UPN of all stations!! Glad to hear it is going to be on again. Even if it is like the resort previews, I would still like to see it!!

matt88mph

Thankfully, I taped it (knowing I wasn't going to win with my Extreme-Home-Makeover-loving family, and to bulk up my collection on WDW specials).

Some thoughts:

Glad SGE wasn't even mentioned!
M:S deserved to be in the top 5, but not #1.

All in all, I thought it was pretty good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom