Desserts!

SpongeScott

Zebra Domes at Boma...with a Simba paw print chaser...
Tie Dyed Cheescake - Pop
Smores - 50's Prime Time
Pumpkin Cheescake - Brown Derby
Chocolate Moose - Le Cellier.....tastes OK, but gotta give kudo's for the appearance

and even if it's not at a restaurant.....dole whip!!!

:slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:
*sigh*

Do I have to go over with you again on the superiority of the Strawberry Swirl?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Bread & Butter Pudding at Raglan Road gets my vote. It can be a battle to finish it, but it's one mighty fine dessert. :)

MouseMadness

*sigh*

Do I have to go over with you again on the superiority of the Strawberry Swirl?

It hurts me to know I have so few people on my side with this :(

On the flip side... more swirl for us. :slurp: Mmmmmmm strawberry swirl...

Man. SO not good for the pregnant lady. :lol: I may be driving through an inch of ice for some strawberry sorbet and vanilla ice cream :ROFLOL: :lookaroun

scorp111

Lots of good desserts, but two stand out to me:

Rice Cream with Strawberry Sauce in Akershus.......

Strawberry Swirl anytime!

TwoTigersMom

omgoodness yes! to die for! I also like the rice cream at Norway and the school boy bread. yum!

Lots of good desserts, but two stand out to me:

Rice Cream with Strawberry Sauce in Akershus.......

Strawberry Swirl anytime!

Hmm this Rice Cream, we've never had it. Is it non dairy, like it sounds? DS3's version of ice cream that he can eat is called Rice Dream. So what is it?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
It hurts me to know I have so few people on my side with this :(

On the flip side... more swirl for us. :slurp: Mmmmmmm strawberry swirl...

Man. SO not good for the pregnant lady. :lol: I may be driving through an inch of ice for some strawberry sorbet and vanilla ice cream :ROFLOL: :lookaroun

Why? We have to make sure you get your milk/calcium every day...fruit is a nice bonus. Purely medicinal purposes...do you want me to write you a script...wait...you have a closer source....:kiss:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Why? We have to make sure you get your milk/calcium every day...fruit is a nice bonus. Purely medicinal purposes...do you want me to write you a script...wait...you have a closer source....:kiss:
I think her concern was more the drive through inch-thick ice to get it than the dietary impact of the stuff she was getting... :lookaroun

:lol:

scorp111

Hmm this Rice Cream, we've never had it. Is it non dairy, like it sounds? DS3's version of ice cream that he can eat is called Rice Dream. So what is it?

It is not non-dairy. In fact a recipe I just found on the web says it contains both milk and heavy cream. It is like really good rice pudding but then the strawberry sauce is just perfect. Hard to believe something so simple could be so exquisite.

GrumpysGal

It is not non-dairy. In fact a recipe I just found on the web says it contains both milk and heavy cream. It is like really good rice pudding but then the strawberry sauce is just perfect. Hard to believe something so simple could be so exquisite.

You can also get the rice cream at the bakery. I agree...it's hard to believe something so simple can be so delicious!

Here is the recipe. Courtesy of http://www.allearsnet.com/din/rec_rice.htm
YIELD: 10 servings

Ingredients:

1 pound short-grain white rice (not instant)
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups water
4 cups milk

2 cups heavy cream
4 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Strawberry sauce:

2 cups strawberry preserves
1 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Method:

1. Cook rice with water and salt for 15 minutes, covered. Add milk and cook for 30 minutes or until rice is tender and the mixture is thick. Chill rice in the refrigerator.

2. Whip cream and sugar and vanilla. Gently fold whipped cream into chilled rice. Set aside in refrigerator.

3. Place sauce ingredients in the work bowl of a blender. Mix until combined.

4. Spoon rice mixture into serving cups. Garnish with strawberry sauce.

MouseMadness

I think her concern was more the drive through inch-thick ice to get it than the dietary impact of the stuff she was getting... :lookaroun

:lol:

Yup :lol:

But it may just be a risk I'm willing to take. Even now at almost 11:00 :lookaroun

If you think about it, now's the perfect time. Kids are asleep, so when it takes me two hours, it won't really matter :shrug:

imagine_82

My 3 favorite desserts:

Bread & Butter Pudding at Raglan Road
Chocolate Wave at Coral Reef
Bananas Foster Pineapple Bread Pudding at 'Ohana

Now these are my favorite after dinner at a sit-down restaurant desserts.

Bananas Foster Pineapple Bread Pudding at 'Ohana?! WOW!!! I am doomed on this next trip...we're at 'Ohana the night before our feast at MK. drat...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom