Describe an attraction….badly.

TomboyJanet

In a land where the summer is already short Watch Elsa extend winter longer and ruin crops. Then Visit her in her ice palace only to get thrown out immediately down a waterfall to find an Ice monster she made which just throws you down another waterfall. THANKS A LOT ELSA!!

Last edited:

Pepper's Ghost

It's a fake tree. It has stairs.

You climb up the stairs to get to the top of the fake tree. And that's it.

Sometimes there's a line for that. Not often though.
Actually, I think this is a fantastic description of Swiss Family. It's exactly how I feel about it which is why I walk by it without a thought since the very first time I went up it. I'm not a child of the 60s or 70s for that matter. I just don't get it. 🤣

Goofyernmost

Actually, I think this is a fantastic description of Swiss Family. It's exactly how I feel about it which is why I walk by it without a thought since the very first time I went up it. I'm not a child of the 60s or 70s for that matter. I just don't get it. 🤣
It's just one of many things that not everyone likes or appreciates. If it helps to understand think of it like this... the people that are experiencing the tree house are not standing in line in front of you. That's it's purpose. I have enjoyed WDW for almost 40 years and I cannot tell you how many attractions that are attached to a movie that I have not seen. Far more then what I have and yet all I needed to do is understand it's purpose and its identification that it had with many, many other people. I noticed in one of the discriptions the one that was focused on The Great Movie Ride that said, in affect, movies that no one had ever seen. The younger the person the more that was a reality, however, that isn't what the ride was about, it was about some of the movies that made Hollywood the force that it is today. Those early movies were the beginning of the film industry and that is what that attraction is trying to show, not what we went to see last week that we liked. That would be called The Now Popular Movie Ride. (TNPMR)

Pepper's Ghost

It's just one of many things that not everyone likes or appreciates. If it helps to understand think of it like this... the people that are experiencing the tree house are not standing in line in front of you. That's it's purpose. I have enjoyed WDW for almost 40 years and I cannot tell you how many attractions that are attached to a movie that I have not seen. Far more then what I have and yet all I needed to do is understand it's purpose and its identification that it had with many, many other people. I noticed in one of the discriptions the one that was focused on The Great Movie Ride that said, in affect, movies that no one had ever seen. The younger the person the more that was a reality, however, that isn't what the ride was about, it was about some of the movies that made Hollywood the force that it is today. Those early movies were the beginning of the film industry and that is what that attraction is trying to show, not what we went to see last week that we liked. That would be called The Now Popular Movie Ride. (TNPMR)
I totally agree. I'm totally cool with the Swiss Family Treehouse being there and wouldn't want them to take it down... UNLESS, they could put something there that I would highly enjoy, but it's such a small footprint. I can't imagine anything else they could put there being that great. That said, I have no qualms about an attraction I don't appreciate or don't understand. For those who love it, more power to you and please visit as often and as long as you please. 🤣 I wish people felt the same way about ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter back in the day. If people could just live and let live, we might still have that ride for those of us who loved it and felt it brought at least a little but of Universal's adult focus into the MK. I loved that ride, but parents couldn't stand having a scary ride in their park, so instead it has to be an empty building. Ahhhh, much better.

About the TGMR, I also agree hence this badly described ride I posted last page... 🤣
Take a ride through the movies... "Boomer movies" that no young person cares about.
View attachment 699253

Goofyernmost

I totally agree. I'm totally cool with the Swiss Family Treehouse being there and wouldn't want them to take it down... UNLESS, they could put something there that I would highly enjoy, but it's such a small footprint. I can't imagine anything else they could put there being that great. That said, I have no qualms about an attraction I don't appreciate or don't understand. For those who love it, more power to you and please visit as often and as long as you please. 🤣 I wish people felt the same way about ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter back in the day. If people could just live and let live, we might still have that ride for those of us who loved it and felt it brought at least a little but of Universal's adult focus into the MK. I loved that ride, but parents couldn't stand having a scary ride in their park, so instead it has to be an empty building. Ahhhh, much better.

About the TGMR, I also agree hence this badly described ride I posted last page... 🤣
Didn't realize that you were the one that posted that, but what I have to say is that I am of the quickly disappearing boomers and for the most part saw very few of those movies myself, but I did understand the message and why they were there. From day one I felt that the only return draw there would be the two "action" scenes (gangster and wild west) and the Wizard of Oz. Plus the theater entrance was laid out well so that made it also enjoyable, at least until Fastpass lanes screwed up the whole dynamic.

I liked Alien Encounter as well, but I was well into adult before it was there, I didn't have any little kids at that point but I had a lot of friends that told me how bat crap crazy their kids went on that and unfortunately the idea that everyone was stanchioned into their seats with no escape was the real problem. TTBAB is scary for kids to but at least there is a way to get out of that show. If the stanchions had not existed it might still be there and then the parents could only blame themselves because they didn't read the warning signs or just ignored them. That was on them at that point. TTBAB has been there a long time and hasn't closed, yet. Probably because the signs warned them but they had a way out.

I know this won't be popular but I thought Stitch was funny and fun and the thought of people being all freaked out because then got hit with a couple drops of water, and a few blasts of artificial chili order was a bigger shame then having Encounter closed. Encounter was an Imagineering screw up of what should have been an obvious problem which didn't go away just because they changed the story. Unfortunately, a lot of the effects were buried in those stanchions. The effects were great, but the audience lacked the ability to appreciate and laugh a little with Stitch. The forced in seats was the biggest controllable effect that spelled the end for Alien.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom