News DeSantis moves to bring state safety oversight of the Walt Disney World Monorail including suspending the service for inspections

Lilofan

I can remember riding the monorail in 1972 and being so impressed and seeing it's decline over the years. Disny's response to maintenance let's not fix it we will just slow it down---sad. I don't care what DeSantis motives are but if state inspection brings the monorail back to it's original condition --who benefits- the guests.
Whatever the case of the decline of the monorails, the Engineering exec in charge of all WDW maintenance including monorails upkeep was promoted to be the new WDW President a few years ago .

The Mom

Premium Member
Just a reminder that posters may not use insulting names in their posts, including but not limited to woke, bigot, insulting variations of names, etc.

Posters who continue doing this, along with straying off the specific topic, will not be allowed to participate in the discussion.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Nope. Just demonstrating a lack of faith in a system that's been acting in bad faith.
No, he is doing exactly what I am calling him out for...no need to sugar coat it. I am sure Ron is paying the inspectors under the table with a wink as we speak...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If ANY of this had to do with the safety of any Disney attraction - well, then it’s all good

But- all it is, is retaliation, and that’s sad
Everything the new board is going to do will be considered as retaliation by the majority here...because it is pretty much always going to be connected back to the original decision from the gov and legislature to end the RCID...I 100% get that. How can you separate the two, at least at this point?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Can we please cease the bashing of state employees? As a retired one, I'm tired of seeing people pointing the finger at my fellow employees who do their jobs competently, to the best they can, with exasperating and confusing regulations, laws and policies not written BY them but which they have to enact and end up getting the blame for.

Rant over

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbagβ„’
Premium Member
Everything the new board is going to do will be considered as retaliation by the majority here...because it is pretty much always going to be connected back to the original decision from the gov and legislature to end the RCID...I 100% get that. How can you separate the two, at least at this point?

Not to mention his statements that he was going to send the full regulatory might of Florida against Disney.

DisneyCane

Yep wont happen. Even his voters visit WDW, and if they find they have to wait an hour to get a boat because theyl closed the monorail they wont be too happy.
They would just run busses. Disney isn't going to make guests (most of whom are from out of state) have a miserable experience just to make a point.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbagβ„’
Premium Member
They would just run busses. Disney isn't going to make guests (most of whom are from out of state) have a miserable experience just to make a point.
Exactly.

When the monorails have been down, Disney has had both Disney busses and hired tour busses running loops between the TTC and MK.

lazyboy97o

This is not being done by the new board. It is being done by the legislature at the request of the governor. It’s being considered retaliation because the governor gave a speech last week at Walt Disney World saying as much.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel Disney is getting stale...or too big for its britches. Some headaches for them might not actually be a bad thing, if it leads to improvements overall. So far, I don't see anything catastrophic that has actually happened. So until something horrible happens as a result of this, I'm not going to go into panic or petty mode. Just let it run its course. A sit-down meeting between Iger and DeSantis will probably solve everything for both sides. It's the best optics for both sides.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom