Demolition of Catastrophe Canyon has begun...

matt9112

says a structural engineer? the sides of the tram were more than just keeping ppl from falling out, they are just like the doors of your car, INTEGRAL to the structure and safety of the vehicle (and not just from falling out, but for crush and impact survivability)

Crash bars in doors of automobiles is relatively new.

PhilharMagician

says a structural engineer? the sides of the tram were more than just keeping ppl from falling out, they are just like the doors of your car, INTEGRAL to the structure and safety of the vehicle (and not just from falling out, but for crush and impact survivability)

The doors were there for safety. They hung from a point midway up the canopy supports with a minimal latching system on the door itself. The doors could be ripped right off and the tram car would be structurally unchanged.

77e7IMG_6971_1.updategallery.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
hmmm, the pumps must be worth something, since thay did not scrap them with everything else

Or there is more to removing them then the current equipment on site could handle. They had access to them from the back of the structure so I would think that if they wanted to save them they would have removed them before the demolition started so there was no risk of them being damaged.

dstrawn9889

Or there is more to removing them then the current equipment on site could handle. They had access to them from the back of the structure so I would think that if they wanted to save them they would have removed them before the demolition started so there was no risk of them being damaged.
maybe they are saving for resale... there is NO need for Disney to re-use a 20+ year old pump for ANYTHING
i see no reason to leave them on the stand pipes during demo though... they were out in the clear so they could be pulled and serviced...

matt9112

#pumpgate 2016 "the conspiracy surrounding water pumps only grows" in this episode of......

Phicinfan

Obviously they are being retained for the new water ride they will put in this spot as part of the phase three expansion...................................................................

dstrawn9889

put a fiddley OLD pump in when they have the CAPEX to place a new one that wont have to be serviced? i know you are kidding, but i have never seen people so dead set to reuse old and worn out somewhere else... ok, how about this... that water faucet in your kitchen is what, 15 years old? its still good enough, we'll leave it in when we replace the ENTIRE kitchen during the remodel, save you, what 120.00? aint that great?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom