Demolition of Catastrophe Canyon has begun...

Next Big Thing

says a structural engineer? the sides of the tram were more than just keeping ppl from falling out, they are just like the doors of your car, INTEGRAL to the structure and safety of the vehicle (and not just from falling out, but for crush and impact survivability)
What he meant (I think) would have been to replace the costly hydraulic doors with the standard Disney Tram doors. Seemingly would've worked, but also would've been a decent cost to do that work, just for themed trams.

Not to mention they're moving away from the Studio concept in the park.

brb1006

Saddest. Picture. Evar. :cry:
You want sad I will show you sad
mLmsQbg.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
says a structural engineer? the sides of the tram were more than just keeping ppl from falling out, they are just like the doors of your car, INTEGRAL to the structure and safety of the vehicle (and not just from falling out, but for crush and impact survivability)

For goodness sake, calm down. Look at the parking tram below...

oct10_tramdoors.jpg

Without the doors on the parking tram and the backlot tour tram... They're almost the same structure.
Studio-Backlot-Tour_Full_22274.jpg

2rfbnl1-1024x768.jpg

It's not rocket science. They're almost nearly identical. Sooooo.... Yea. They can easily be converted into parking trams. :) Have a magical day.

Magenta Panther

For goodness sake, calm down. Look at the parking tram below...

oct10_tramdoors.jpg

Without the doors on the parking tram and the backlot tour tram... They're almost the same structure.
Studio-Backlot-Tour_Full_22274.jpg

2rfbnl1-1024x768.jpg

It's not rocket science. They're almost nearly identical. Sooooo.... Yea. They can easily be converted into parking trams. :) Have a magical day.

Do they spew gag-me gas fumes like the parking trams? If not, I'm all for this replacement idea.

EOD K9

Not to mention they're moving away from the Studio concept in the park.
It is kind of hard to believe that this is the direction they are taking. A park based on movies and how they are made, is no longer going with that theming. I realize it has been that way for a while, but hard to believe. Luckily, we will still have Old Hollywood when you first walk in the park.

Biff215

It is kind of hard to believe that this is the direction they are taking. A park based on movies and how they are made, is no longer going with that theming. I realize it has been that way for a while, but hard to believe. Luckily, we will still have Old Hollywood when you first walk in the park.
Hollywood still has to be a major theme, but the studios concept should have gone long ago. I'm happy with that change as the cheapest looking parts of the park tend to carry that theme. Hopefully this will lead to areas that match the quality of Sunset Blvd.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Seriously, though.... Those trams.. I don't understand why Disney can't use them for unique transportation!

I say use them as parking trams for HS as a small tribute to the original idea of the park! There's no need to just let them sit and rot. Especially if they look nicer than the current parking trams.

They didn't let them sit and rot, they sold them for scrap.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If I remember correctly they were also wider then the parking lot trams, but, even if not Disney can afford to buy new ones not use old junk.

I agree that they shouldn't use old junk. That would be entirely worthless... These trams however were in pretty good condition. :) And wider trams mean more people to get on and not have to wait for the next one! Great pointers, sir! :)

dstrawn9889

well the tail number is still valid... but the aircraft would still have to go through airworthy certification at the time of flight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom