Demolition of Catastrophe Canyon has begun...

Rteetz

We were discussing this in another thread, I don't see anything in those pictures that I would call demolition, it looks like just utility work at this point. I have no doubt that it's going to happen, I just don't see any evidence that they have actually started.
There's no demo in this photo? Has the canyon always looked like this near the tram exit, to me that looked like rock work starting come down.

image.jpeg

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Sorry if it had already been posted. And yeah, it doesn't strongly look like demolition yet, so I guess we'll see soon...

space42

Equipment is on site.

The larger question is - what is this demolition for ? It's not for Star Wars or toy story, right ?
Since those are the only two things announced and no real construction has started yet why are the doing this work now?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The larger question is - what is this demolition for ? It's not for Star Wars or toy story, right ?
Since those are the only two things announced and no real construction has started yet why are the doing this work now?

Probably to create a construction staging area. The construction access road will come out right behind Cat Canyon, so it makes sense for that area to be staging.

roj2323

Well there's several things. Like danb_2000 said, the construction access road will be coming into the park right about where catastrophe canyon is now. There's also quite a few park services (offices) that are being relocated for Toy story land so If they do not use that land for a 3rd unnamed land it will likely be used for off stage offices/storage and other park related services. Either way no matter what the final use of the land will be this area will be used for construction staging for the next few years while TSL and SWL are built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom