Demolition of Cantina begins Jan 4

PhilharMagician

It's about time this project got going!

I really hope that the area opens up better for Illuminationns. The Mexico area is one of the better viewing locations.

Rob562

Some of the earlier rumors said that the new building would be a two-story structure. Haven't heard anything specific since, but there was concern that a two-level building would detract from the scale of the pyramid.

But another part of the rumors swirling around the last time this came up was that the new outside building would be Table Service (or perhaps a combo Table/Quick Service like Yak & Yeti), and that the San Angel Inn inside the pavilion would become a Signature restaurant when all was done.

-Rob

DisneyParksFan1

Seems like Disney is trying to kind of refresh the World Showcase with newer features. Italy is getting a new Pizzeria, and now, Mexico is getting a major refurbishment of Cantina. It's great that their keeping World Showcase in mind.

I don't seem to know what the contents of this major refurb is. Does anyone know if it's a complete reconstruction or something different.?

redkoala245

I hated that place. If it is still going to be a restaurant, they should do something to keep the seagulls away… If you want to eat at the Mexican Pavilion then I recommend eating at the indoor restaurant (I think it's called San Angel Inn).
I will be even happier if they just get rid of the whole building. :D

jt04

Seems like Disney is trying to kind of refresh the World Showcase with newer features. Italy is getting a new Pizzeria, and now, Mexico is getting a major refurbishment of Cantina. It's great that their keeping World Showcase in mind.

I don't seem to know what the contents of this major refurb is. Does anyone know if it's a complete reconstruction or something different.?

I was going to make the same point. And it's amazing all Epcot folks here have hardly mentioned the new pizzaria. It's not often you see major changes to World Showcase and we have two big announcements in a couple days.

As I've been saying, the pendulum is swinging back towards WDW! :)

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Pizzaria???? When is this opening???

And yeah definately!!! More illuminations viewing areas please :sohappy:

zjer

Italy is getting a new Pizzeria, and now, Mexico is getting a major refurbishment of Cantina.

Really? A pizzeria? :slurp:

When I was there in November I was looking for some pizza at Epcot and ended up at the DHS because I couldn't find any. A pizzeria would be perfect, especially if it is a bit more along the lines of Mama Melrose's pizza.... :drevil:

DisneyPrincess5

Wow haven't heard this 'til now! That's actually a great idea.
When is that suppose to happen?

juan

Really? A pizzeria? :slurp:

When I was there in November I was looking for some pizza at Epcot and ended up at the DHS because I couldn't find any. A pizzeria would be perfect, especially if it is a bit more along the lines of Mama Melrose's pizza.... :drevil:

you can only get pizza in Epcot at the trailer by the exit of Test Track
it has shorter hours and is not open daily :wave:

Fyi - you can get pizza at:
MK - Pinocchio's Village House
Epcot - Test Track trailer
DHS - Pizza Planet, Catalina Eddy's, and Mama Melrose's (technically its flatbread, but it's good :slurp: )
DAK - Pizzafari

whew thread drift, but back on topic:

I enjoyed grabbing food at the Cantina in the past, but recently the menu has gone way down hill :hurl::hurl::fork:

jmuboy

I was going to make the same point. And it's amazing all Epcot folks here have hardly mentioned the new pizzaria. It's not often you see major changes to World Showcase and we have two big announcements in a couple days.

New food locations at EPCOT and princess meet-n-greets at the MK hardly equal a pendulum swing in my opinion.

EPCOT Explorer

This is something to be expected, not anything monumental.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
This is something to be expected, not anything monumental.

I agree. New restaurants, at least counter-service ones, are not exactly on par with such announcements as the FL expansion here, or CarsLand out in DL. I just hope they get the work done, and fast....

EPCOT Explorer- hope you enjoy your trip!

EPCOT Explorer

I agree. New restaurants, at least counter-service ones, are not exactly on par with such announcements as the FL expansion here, or CarsLand out in DL. I just hope they get the work done, and fast....

EPCOT Explorer- hope you enjoy your trip!

Yep...I consider this a refurb.:lol:

Thanks very much!:D

MythBuster

Original Poster
The new restaurant will be a totally enclosed restaurant with air conditioning and glass windows all along the lagoon for better Illuminations viewing and will be extended further out in the lagoon and provide for better traffic flow in that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom