Demolition of Cantina begins Jan 4

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Has anyone see/posted any artists' renditions of what the new place is going to look like?

t3techcom18

No, it's not. Not if you've ever been to south Texas or Mexico. This is Epcot, not Taco Bell.

Come to think of it, Taco Bell tastes better. :rolleyes:

Yikes. I couldn't disagree more. The Mexico QS is one of my all-time favorites. It isn't THE best, but in terms of authenticity, there is a few things that are American-ized, but it's pretty right on, especially in taste. Sure, I haven't gone to south Texas or Mexico, but I am from Puerto Rico and I can tell they use the same seasonings on the beef is near exactly authentic to being Latino or at least the way the frijoles (black beans), salsa, and the way the chicken is done is on par with what I've seen and tasted in authentic Mexican cuisine. I've eaten there numerous times with my parents and they agree as well (they were born AND raised in PR).

I haven't been to Taco Bell since I was 7 or so, if that says anything towards my opinion on it, haha. Their former fajita kits (if they even have them still) at the grocery store aisles tasted better than anything on their menu. Talk about bland, yelch....

bliss

Really? A pizzeria? :slurp:

When I was there in November I was looking for some pizza at Epcot and ended up at the DHS because I couldn't find any. A pizzeria would be perfect, especially if it is a bit more along the lines of Mama Melrose's pizza.... :drevil:

So that was all the construction equipment. After Candlelight, I used the temp bathrooms and could see that alot of trees were removed and heavy equipment was in the area. The area behind the piazza was already under demolition.

Texas84

You haven't lived until you've had South Texas Tex-Mex. YUM! Both Epcot places are nasty in comparision. More like Georgia Tex-Mex. Landry's used to have a decent Tex-Mex brand in Austin and Houston. Bring them into Epcot.

Rob562

You haven't lived until you've had South Texas Tex-Mex. YUM! Both Epcot places are nasty in comparision. More like Georgia Tex-Mex. Landry's used to have a decent Tex-Mex brand in Austin and Houston. Bring them into Epcot.

Not that I'm saying the Epcot food is good, but Tex-Mex is *not* the same as Mexican...

-Rob

zweltar

I've heard many people complain about how horrid the food offerings are at both Mexico locations. While I wouldn't say that it is the best Mexican food I've ever eaten, I also can't say it's all that bad. It's kinda like eating the best TV dinner ever made, to put a positive spin on it.
I definitely don't think it's worth the price, though.

hpyhnt 1000

Ah, so its finally happening. Hopefullly the new Cantina will have more quality offerings on the menu. As of right now, they're litterally down to a chicken dish, a pork dish, and a nachos plate. Kinda pathetic. But with the upcoming demolition, it appears that Mexico quick service is being split between La Cantina and the Mexico City stand thats been erected on the promenade because Mexico City had quesedillas and other offerings available.

And good to hear about the Pizzeria in Italy (how come there's been next to nothing as far as news about that???) I've always wondered why Italy didn't have some kind of patio quick service place; here's for authentic Italian style and not the thick crusted, piled on toppings style we have here in the US.

ms7479a

And good to hear about the Pizzeria in Italy (how come there's been next to nothing as far as news about that???)

Although I haven't heard anything about a pizzeria, I can say that there is a lot of digging and earth being moved backstage behind the Italian pavilion.

MythBuster

Original Poster
The Cantina construction walls are up now and will be until fall. It doesn't help traffic flow in that area and I saw a long line for the little Mexico food booth that reached back to the bridge.

castlecake2.0

If Italy is getting a Pizzeria that will leave Canada as the only pavilion with out a quick service offering. We used to tell guests who couldnt eat at le cellier that 'every country around the showcase has a quick service offering except us and Italy...'

heartodisney

I can say that we never stopped to eat there, did order a Margarita at one of the stands outside during Food and Wine Fest though..but , yes, PLEASE have something in mind for viewing at night!

wild01ride

I think that the rehab actually began as early as Sept.:
We ate there in Sept. and somehow there were no Seagulls there! HONESTLY!
We couldn't believe it and wondered what had happened
Our conspiracy theory was some bird flu killed them all off - turns out that it was just the beginning of the rehab! :lol:

Oh, and for the record: we loved eating there for a quick bite to go along with a cold (?) Dos Equis!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Has anyone seen or posted some concept art of how the new place is going to look?

raiden

Plz dont bring any Landrys chain to EPCOT. Cadillacs is :hurl:. After the hurricanes hit the Kemah location has never been the same. The food sux but the ritas are still tasty :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom