deleted

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
When I was at the turn around at the top the ride slowed and then stopped. I got about 10 drops and then additional when it resumed. I could hear other people in surrounding vehicles complainthr same. I don’t think there is any HVAC equipment above in that section.
Might it not be condensation on the HVAC ducts and the inside skin, given the higher temps (which lead to higher humidity inside the structure)...?

If we’re playing the what minor changes would I make game.......

I’d have Dame Judy re-record all the narration using English pronunciation. Having such a classic English voice (and national treasure here in the UK) using American pronunciation is just freaky!

I’m looking at you “renaissance”. 😁
Only if you want to hear Americans chuckling all the way along the ride...

Now if they could only spring for anoter 100 watt lightbulb for the mammoth projection.
That 100-watt lightbulb would probably have to be hand-made at this point... the Smithsonian won't give theirs up, that's for sure.

DAK1928

As mentioned by posters above, a certain website reports:
If rumors are true, the ride inside of Spaceship Earth will see a refreshing of all scenes leading up to the Industrial Revolution portion (where newspapers are being printed as a young boy sells them steps away), with changes on a grand scale coming to every scene following that, all the way to the end of the ride. Sources also indicate that the scene in the dome at the top of the attraction where guests look back at Earth from space will be drastically reimagined utilizing the latest in projection mapping technologies.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
How do I find out what site is the "site that will not be named".....? This comes up on so many threads and I have no idea who everyone is talking about. If I guess will you let me know if I get it right?

Use your search engine of choice and look for 'Tom Corless'. You'll run, not walk, back here faster than he can steal information.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How do I find out what site is the "site that will not be named".....? This comes up on so many threads and I have no idea who everyone is talking about. If I guess will you let me know if I get it right?

The site is banned from being linked to because of animosity between some folks here and some folks there, and becuase the folks here don't want people to be led astray. The purpose of the ban is to not get into Forum Wars. Info there can be pointed out, or usually, debunked. The site owner is Tom Corless and Googling that name will take you there. The other allied site that is banned is has the word "easy" in it.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
No chariot is arguably an improvement. The effect has always been sligthtly clashing in style. Although the scene now lacks movement.

I hate to say it, but I somewhat agree with this. When I was a kid, it was always something I loved seeing, but it does feel like it's some ghost chariot randomly being shown without explanation. Maybe with newer projection tech they could make it look like a real chariot.

geekza

I hate to say it, but I somewhat agree with this. When I was a kid, it was always something I loved seeing, but it does feel like it's some ghost chariot randomly being shown without explanation. Maybe with newer projection tech they could make it look like a real chariot.
I don't know that it was ever intended to be realistic. There were a lot of things at early EPCOT that were more for, "Doesn't that look nifty!" reasons. I could be (and often am) very wrong.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I don't know that it was ever intended to be realistic. There were a lot of things at early EPCOT that were more for, "Doesn't that look nifty!" reasons. I could be (and often am) very wrong.

oh I agree, it was a product of that era, and it's more obvious when looking at something like World of Motion, which that kind of thing fits much better.

DisneyFreak

A thought occurred to me. While it looks like we will be waiting a few years for version 5. Now that they are removing the siemens references What minor changes that could be done overnight would you like to see done to make the current version more bearable for the next few years?
My list
*Remove ABC's line from Phonican scene
*Put Roman Chariot Projection back on
*remove line about the first World Wide Web
*Remove "Backup System line
*Maybe a very minor lighting effect in the descent

Move the Paperboy back to his original post. Nobody puts Paperboy in the corner!

JayWaters

Update: Spaceship Earth will be refurbished as a thrilling Dr. Strange ride. Race through the history of humanity to defeat Thanos and save the our space-time continuum.

Disney is proud to bring this change not to capitalize on the popularity of Dr. Strange but because this is what makes the most sense for the ride and this is what Walt would have wanted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom