deleted

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I wonder if there is truth to the rumor that his face was damaged and that is why he was turned around? There doesn't seem to be a stylistic reason for it.

Well, if it's true that they are removing Space Mountain's speedramp because it is cheaper and easier, then this would be the cheaper and easier route for TDO as well. Maintenance is hard. And expensive. Just turn things and make sure (most of) the lights stay on.

ABQ

I wonder if there is truth to the rumor that his face was damaged and that is why he was turned around? There doesn't seem to be a stylistic reason for it.

not really an reason, but one answer none the less, this was brought up in the Spaceship In Spaceship Earth thread:

I know this is a very old question (yes, i've been slowly reading this whole thread for days) and I actually have an answer regarding the paperboy.

Bob Zalk was a guest speaker on one of the DCL cruises I took last year. He was actually involved in the 2007 refurb (gave a lot of cool info and tidbits about the inspiration behind every animatronic's clothing, stuff like that) and at the end of the session took questions.

I had wondered about that paperboy for years, mostly because he used to frighten me as a kid. So I asked Bob why he was turned around, and he chuckled and said it was because "the paperboy was very very annoying". ;)

He also mentioned the animated horses were taken out of the Rome scene because they were too cartoony, in case anyone ever wondered about that too.

This thread is amazing. I've worked at WDW and UO, and I just love backstage photos and the history behind rides. I've managed to do track walks in a lot of attractions. Knowing those space station structures were still there, but painted black, gives me chills. Kind of like the hidden Dementors in Forbidden Journey over at UO. Just knowing something is there and so close but i can't see it.

I have often wondered what used to be in that descent hallway that looks to be full of garbage and dust. I was 5 the first time we went to Epcot, so I don't remember everything.

Thank you all for this, I enjoyed it immensely <3

bhg469

Update: Spaceship Earth will be refurbished as a thrilling Dr. Strange ride. Race through the history of humanity to defeat Thanos and save the our space-time continuum.

Disney is proud to bring this change not to capitalize on the popularity of Dr. Strange but because this is what makes the most sense for the ride and this is what Walt would have wanted.
What walt would have wanted, and a young peter quil actually asked him once.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Update: Spaceship Earth will be refurbished as a thrilling Dr. Strange ride. Race through the history of humanity to defeat Thanos and save the our space-time continuum.

Disney is proud to bring this change not to capitalize on the popularity of Dr. Strange but because this is what makes the most sense for the ride and this is what Walt would have wanted.

I heard it was going to be a John Carter themed ride

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I’m shocked people still follow him and his buddy “Mr. Blocks-a-lot”.
In all fairness, Josh used to have the best free crowd calendars. Now he wants you to buy the book; for obvious reasons.

His blogs are still a good read and chock full of rope drop strategies. I just wish he wasn’t so joined at the hip with Tom.

Josh is clever. Tommy, not so much.

Brer Oswald

In all fairness, Josh used to have the best free crowd calendars. Now he wants you to buy the book; for obvious reasons.

His blogs are still a good read and chock full of rope drop strategies. I just wish he wasn’t so joined at the hip with Tom.

Josh is clever. Tommy, not so much.
I’m not sure we’re talking about the same guy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom