deleted

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Any idea if it’s the actual membrane or the seals around the HVAC?
When I was at the turn around at the top the ride slowed and then stopped. I got about 10 drops and then additional when it resumed. I could hear other people in surrounding vehicles complainthr same. I don’t think there is any HVAC equipment above in that section.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
When I was at the turn around at the top the ride slowed and then stopped. I got about 10 drops and then additional when it resumed. I could hear other people in surrounding vehicles complainthr same. I don’t think there is any HVAC equipment above in that section.
I’ll have to dig my plans out (which I can’t at the mo) to see where the gear/vents are located above. Unless it’s dripping down the inside.

Semi related, but they did have quite a leak from the gutters a few years back. Made a waterfall right outside the queue entrance.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I’ll have to dig my plans out (which I can’t at the mo) to see where the gear/vents are located above. Unless it’s dripping down the inside.

Semi related, but they did have quite a leak from the gutters a few years back. Made a waterfall right outside the queue entrance.

I’ve always wondered what it would take to replace the membrane. If the original is still on there it’s approaching 40 years.

Rodan75

Would that be right over the FP touchpoint? If so, it was a waterfall over the summer there. I was thinking that was really poor (pour...heehee) design.

JoeCamel

May have been condensation too. The skin a bit colder than the air could cause a bit of rain at the top

wishiwere@wdw

Happened to be walking out during a wicked storm on the 29th of July and saw exactly this. I actually remember mentioning to my wife that I guess the gutter system no longer works lol. But yes, it was definitely a waterfall:(.

GlacierGlacier

Their new stuff leaks too. Navi River Journey's entrance tunnel has leaking in the first ceiling light, so much so the plastic droops down during heavy rain.

But it's Florida. Everything will leak in time.

The Empress Lilly

A thought occurred to me. While it looks like we will be waiting a few years for version 5. Now that they are removing the siemens references What minor changes that could be done overnight would you like to see done to make the current version more bearable for the next few years?
My list
*Remove ABC's line from Phonican scene
*Put Roman Chariot Projection back on
*remove line about the first World Wide Web
*Remove "Backup System line
*Maybe a very minor lighting effect in the descent
ABC's demand an 'e' and 'i' in Phoenician.

No chariot is arguably an improvement. The effect has always been sligthtly clashing in style. Although the scene now lacks movement.

Between your 'World Wide Web' and 'back-up system' and the ride's finale of Wozniak / Matrix / 'the brink of a new Renaissance' a consistent story emerges. For better or for worse. Even if for worse (my opinion is altogether more positive of this iteration than most), by removing individual parts this larger story loses power and cohesion. (Pretty much my central criticism of previous changes to EPCOT)

UKDisney Dave

If we’re playing the what minor changes would I make game.......

I’d have Dame Judy re-record all the narration using English pronunciation. Having such a classic English voice (and national treasure here in the UK) using American pronunciation is just freaky!

I’m looking at you “renaissance”. 😁

HMFan999

Nope.

But they did turn up the volume of the crashing waves of the right side harbour diorama. Imagine that.

Slightly off topic, but how does that even happen? Is there a master control board somewhere in the ride or is it all done by computer somewhere offsite? I'd think it wouldn't be as simple as some random CM turning a dial up to 11.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom