deleted

LukeS7

I'm pretty sure it was hinted at by Martin that it was a processor company that wasn't AMD but that was super early this year. And the company wasn't named so the deals probably very fluid at this point.
I mean, the other major processor company is Intel, who just so happens to also make the drones that they used for the Disney Springs show. That's a sponsorship that would make sense if they're using drones for the new nighttime show.

trainplane3

I mean, the other major processor company is Intel, who just so happens to also make the drones that they used for the Disney Springs show. That's a sponsorship that would make sense if they're using drones for the new nighttime show.
The only reason why I didn't name them is because Martin didn't. And that hint is pretty old so who knows if it's still relevant.

And I agree it does make sense but who knows, it could be Qualcomm sneaking in instead?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A thought occurred to me. While it looks like we will be waiting a few years for version 5. Now that they are removing the siemens references What minor changes that could be done overnight would you like to see done to make the current version more bearable for the next few years?
My list
*Remove ABC's line from Phonican scene
*Put Roman Chariot Projection back on
*remove line about the first World Wide Web
*Remove "Backup System" line
*Maybe a very minor lighting effect in the descent

This. A bajillion times, THIS!!! The script is just so cringe-inducing to anyone with a modicum of technology/IT knowledge. Dumbing down the script isn't the way to inspire or entertain... But maybe that's not the goal anymore?

geekza

This. A bajillion times, THIS!!! The script is just so cringe-inducing to anyone with a modicum of technology/IT knowledge. Dumbing down the script isn't the way to inspire or entertain... But maybe that's not the goal anymore?
I mean, the idea is to give guests basic facts about a subject in a way that can be understood by the largest amount of people. That includes people who don't have any prior knowledge about a subject. Newspapers are generally written with the goal of being understandable by someone with the equivalent of a sixth grade education. The problem with the current script is that it goes a little too far and comes across as condescending. It's a tough thing to do. The previous scripts did a pretty darned good job of meeting that goal. The current one does not.

AJDMB05

A thought occurred to me. While it looks like we will be waiting a few years for version 5. Now that they are removing the siemens references What minor changes that could be done overnight would you like to see done to make the current version more bearable for the next few years?
My list
*Remove "Backup System line
Those lines are by far the worst but I hate the whole script. It feels very lazy and talks down to you. I'd just rather have an option to choose your narrator for the way up, until you get to the two new scenes. Once you get there, Dench takes over with what we hear today.

The on-board computers are already firing data back and forth with your picture and the stuff you pick at the end, and I'm way oversimplifying here, but loading in a different audio file doesn't seem overtly complicated.

KBLovedDisney

My list
I would be happy with just these two, especially the second one if they could bring back that SSE sculpture and flashing lights.

Rodan75

My list

While I agree...I think the ABCs line has become iconic and would actually see some resistance if it was removed. I mean...the line is painful, but I think that is why it has become so popular.

aladdin2007

Noticed today there is no longer music outside at the entrance, all you hear is a newer spiel to watch your step be sure to take small children by the hand etc, over and over and over, like a broken blaring record. ugg.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Noticed today there is no longer music outside at the entrance, all you hear is a newer spiel to watch your step be sure to take small children by the hand etc, over and over and over, like a broken blaring record. ugg.
The BGM was getting quieter and quieter - like the foliage uplighting was getting less and less. Hopefully it’ll be back soon.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I hope the first thing they can do when they do the next rehab is fix the roof membrane under the alucobond. There are many leaks during your standard Florida downpour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom