deleted

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I added what got left out.

Just because there is no value for you, does not mean there is no value for anyone.
I have no doubt there is value in it for some, but Id venture a guess that most of those people would be first time visitors (please note I said most, not all).

The dessert buffet and JTA have value for those wishing to attend it, yes. Thanks for adding that. As far as not waiting in lines or getting a better spot to view the shows, I weigh the cost of the tour versus getting their a bit early to get a decent spot for a show and that using a FP+ for Star Tours, TGMR or the meet and greets is nearly the same. Sure, you wont get a FP for all three, but standby for TGMR or Star Tours usually is not that bad, especially compared to a 7 hour tour.

But as you said, there will be those who find value in this. It would be nice though, if Disney trotted out something worthwhile for returning guests or major Star Wars fans that they cant experience on their own in the parks.

Bandini

I have no doubt there is value in it for some, but Id venture a guess that most of those people would be first time visitors (please note I said most, not all).

The dessert buffet and JTA have value for those wishing to attend it, yes. Thanks for adding that. As far as not waiting in lines or getting a better spot to view the shows, I weigh the cost of the tour versus getting their a bit early to get a decent spot for a show and that using a FP+ for Star Tours, TGMR or the meet and greets is nearly the same. Sure, you wont get a FP for all three, but standby for TGMR or Star Tours usually is not that bad, especially compared to a 7 hour tour.

But as you said, there will be those who find value in this. It would be nice though, if Disney trotted out something worthwhile for returning guests or major Star Wars fans that they cant experience on their own in the parks.
Personally, I can't imagine losing 7 hours on a tour as a first time visitor. There is a lot of stuff to do and see. I think the tours are for people who have been multiple times. But I still can't see the value in this tour. It will be interesting to see how long it survives.

Cmdr_Crimson

Personally, I can't imagine losing 7 hours on a tour as a first time visitor. There is a lot of stuff to do and see. I think the tours are for people who have been multiple times. But I still can't see the value in this tour. It will be interesting to see how long it survives.
IMO Better off taking the Backstage Magic Tour as it's 7 hours long and goes to all 4 parks instead....

Luxe

Because apparently the people who are bashing this and would like to see it fail are people who don't even have children and aren't doing JTA anyway.

Why not just Live and Let Live. Some upcharges will appeal to some people, others won't. No need to wish for something to fail just bc it doesn't fit your wants.
Oh please, if ANYONE signs up for this tour specifically for JTA, I'm sorry(not really) but they are beyond stupid.

Also, you always clammer on about how theres different options and people can do what they want but you stir the pot anytime someone disagrees with you. Not everyone see's value in redundant, over priced cash grabs, as much as Disney wishes that were the case. Is that a hard concept to grasp? Guess what, this is a forum filled with hardcore Disney fans who love to discuss the fine details of everything that goes on in the parks. If you come to these forums expecting a pixie dust filled gush fest about how amazing all of the OPTIONS that Disney is so graciously giving to us then I think you're in the wrong place.

Imagine if everyone in the world just accepted what we were given and never criticized, analyzed or scrutinized it? That's not a place I would like to live because everything would be stagnant and nothing would improve.

drizgirl

Oh please, if ANYONE signs up for this tour specifically for JTA, I'm sorry(not really) but they are beyond stupid.

Also, you always clammer on about how theres different options and people can do what they want but you stir the pot anytime someone disagrees with you. Not everyone see's value in redundant, over priced cash grabs, as much as Disney wishes that were the case. Is that a hard concept to grasp? Guess what, this is a forum filled with hardcore Disney fans who love to discuss the fine details of everything that goes on in the parks. If you come to these forums expecting a pixie dust filled gush fest about how amazing all of the OPTIONS that Disney is so graciously giving to us then I think you're in the wrong place.

Imagine if everyone in the world just accepted what we were given and never criticized, analyzed or scrutinized it? That's not a place I would like to live because everything would be stagnant and nothing would improve.

The only reason the JTA is even part of this tour is because they were scrambling to find enough Star Wars content in the park to justify a 7 hour tour. Based on the early reports, it appears they still didn't find enough.

21stamps

Imagine if everyone in this world didn't want something to fail or be banned just because they didn't personally like it? Instead, maybe they could just not participate in it.
That could maybe, just maybe, solve so many problems.

Crazy thought, huh?

Luxe

Lol. Ok so definitely for you this would be a waste of money. Behind the Seeds would be a waste of money for my family, that's why Disney gives us several options. That way we can all find something that appeals to us. :)

The reason why these tours and events do well is because they are small. Not everyone is going to want to do them. There's no issue either way. Let people do what they want on vacation..and let Disney keep offering options that do appeal to some people. Different options so that all can find at least one that they would enjoy.

There's plenty of tours that do not interest me, there's plenty of upcharges that do not interest me, if someone else enjoys them- wonderful. I'm glad they had the option and that it improved their vacation experience.

It's why options are so great to have.

So grateful for all of the OPTIONS Disney bestows upon us. Thank you King Iger, my wallet has never been lighter!

:banghead:

Ok, but most of the "upsells" are selling out. So many people clearly enjoy them. You can want Disney to do better, but not have to want certain things that people enjoy to fail.

I've said this sooo many times-
I went back and forth on EMM because it did seem expensive for what it was. But then I couldn't get a FP for Mine Train, so I reluctantly booked the "upcharge", and guess what? It was one of the amazing hours of my vacation , we had a blast, we didn't have to worry about wait times for those attractions later on.,and I will do it on every trip when it s offered. It was 100% worth the cost.

Not getting the 7DMT FP turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. The memories we made during that hour are something that would never have been possible otherwise.
You were unable to get a FP for 7DMT so you had to pay for an upcharge event to ride it. Do you see the problem here? I don't expect you to but... if you can't book a FP and the standby queue is so long that it's not worth the wait, booking an upcharge event is NOT an acceptable solution(as much as Disney thinks). Just let that marinate for a few minutes.

drizgirl

Imagine if everyone in this world didn't want something to fail or be banned just because they didn't personally like it? Instead, maybe they could just not participate in it.

Crazy thought, huh?

You do know that people wishing for something to fail doesn't make it happen, right?

Luxe

Crazy thought, huh?
I bet Mr. Iger would love you.

21stamps

You do know that people wishing for something to fail doesn't make it happen, right?
I bet Mr. Iger would love you.
But, but, but... MAGIC!!!!!!!!

The message in my response was clearly not understood. Think about it for a moment.
No need to respond, just think..for yourself.
Yes, I think a world where people aren't so worried about what someone is doing, or what someone else enjoys, or what someone else believes in..where people just accepted that and did their own thing..instead of attacking, wishing for failure, looking to eliminate.. yeah, that would definitely be a wonderful world.

Differing opinions should not lead to a quest for elimination.

Luxe

The message in my response was clearly not understood. Think about it for a moment.
No need to respond, just think..for yourself.
Yes, I think a world where people aren't so worried about what someone is doing, or what someone else enjoys, or what someone else believes in..where people just accepted that and did their own thing..instead of attacking, wishing for failure, looking to eliminate.. yeah, that would definitely be a wonderful world.

Differing opinions should not lead to a quest for elimination.
How about a world where people can have opposing views and discuss them in an online forum? You know, kind of like the one we are on right now? Nah, that doesn't sound useful at all, back to throwing pixie dust at each other... :rolleyes:

Luxe

So they get their own Star Tours vehicle? How hard would it be to program it so they get to see 100% of the sequences? It would at least be something unique to the tour.
When I first read about this, I was really surprised that they didn't at least show you a ride vehicle from the control room to see who it operates. I guess they wanted to avoid going backstage or something.

21stamps

How about a world where people can have opposing views and discuss them in an online forum? You know, kind of like the one we are on right now? Nah, that doesn't sound useful at all, back to throwing pixie dust at each other... :rolleyes:
Discussing differing opinions without insulting, name calling, inability to understand why someone may or may not choose to do an upcharge event, accepting that some people are ok with paying more to enhance their experience (for certain things).. discussing like that?
Grasping the thought that some people enjoy a few "extras", and it probably doesn't mean they are a sucker? That maybe it was a win/win for consumer and business?

Let me know when it happens.

Now back to attacking WDW and the customers who choose to pay for something beyond their ticket price. :)

Luxe

Discussing differing opinions without insulting, name calling, inability to understand why someone may or may not choose to do an upcharge event, accepting that some people are ok with paying more to enhance their experience (for certain things).. discussing like that?
Grasping the thought that some people enjoy a few "extras", and it probably doesn't mean they are a sucker? That maybe it was a win/win for consumer and business?

Let me know when it happens.
You should add without being condescending to that list.

The blog post about the tour looked incredibly boring, lacking any sort of real Star Wars knowledge.

21stamps

You should add without being condescending to that list.

The blog post about the tour looked incredibly boring, lacking any sort of real Star Wars knowledge.
"Looks boring" is a valid opinion.
My opinion..it sounds good. Yes, mostly for the access to JTA, characters, and shows without waiting. I would like to read a few reviews though and am still very curious about what goes on.

I don't watch hockey. Not a fan one bit.
Other people enjoy watching hockey.
Is Hockey dumb? Are they dumb? Am I dumb? Or do we just have different opinions on hockey being an interesting sport?

Some things are just what they are. Two opinions towards an event/sport/food/park/etc etc etc won't change the other one's. Just accept that people may have different viewpoints and it's ok not to agree with how someone spends their time or money. But why not show it by not spending yours..no need to insult other people for doing so.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom