deleted

Luxe

"Looks boring" is a valid opinion.
My opinion..it sounds good. Yes, mostly for the access to JTA, characters, and shows without waiting. I would like to read a few reviews though and am still very curious about what goes on.

I don't watch hockey. Not a fan one bit.
Other people enjoy watching hockey.
Is Hockey dumb? Are they dumb? Am I dumb? Or do we just have different opinions on hockey?
I think people that pay an insane amount of money for tickets to sports games are dumb because where I'm from, the decent seats are owned by corporate sponsors who then sell the seats for an exorbitant price to the unwashed. With your mentality, it would just be another "option" for people who want a better view of the game. In my opinion, it's paying for something that is incredibly overpriced but has become the norm thanks to greedy corporations. Do you see the relation?

If someone wants to pay for it, fine, it's not my money being burned. BUT it sets a precedent for the type of product and services we are willing to pay for in the future. A trend, if you will. So think about that when you pay for an upcharge event as a FP substitute, or for a tour that doesn't offer anything exclusive or unique.

21stamps

STOP RESPONDING TO HER!!! :banghead:
Why don't you just ignore me? Please?
If I had the ability to check "ignore" next to my name for you then I would. Trust me, I wish you would just ignore me.

See my post in the other thread that you're begging people to stop responding to me as well. Read it. Conversations aren't a bad thing..the same people don't need to be nodding their heads in agreement saying the same exact thing every time. Why can't someone actually have a different opinion?

Please don't answer that..just click "ignore".

Mike S

Why don't you just ignore me? Please?
If I had the ability to check "ignore" next to my name for you then I would. Trust me, I wish you would just ignore me.

See my post in the other thread that you're begging people to stop responding to me as well. Read it. Conversations aren't a bad thing..the same people don't need to be nodding their heads in agreement saying the same exact thing every time. Why can't someone actually have a different opinion?

Please don't answer that..just click "ignore".
If I ignore you I would still see everyone else's responses. I'd prefer the topics of multiple threads now not fixate on YOU.

There's one troll here that everyone seems to just leave be and not respond anymore just letting him echo his stupidity to deaf ears. Such bliss.

21stamps

I think people that pay an insane amount of money for tickets to sports games are dumb because where I'm from, the decent seats are owned by corporate sponsors who then sell the seats for an exorbitant price to the unwashed. With your mentality, it would just be another "option" for people who want a better view of the game. In my opinion, it's paying for something that is incredibly overpriced but has become the norm thanks to greedy corporations. Do you see the relation?

If someone wants to pay for it, fine, it's not my money being burned. BUT it sets a precedent for the type of product and services we are willing to pay for in the future. A trend, if you will. So think about that when you pay for an upcharge event as a FP substitute, or for a tour that doesn't offer anything exclusive or unique.

Ok so I'm a huge sports fan, but it's few and very far between that I'll spend an arm and a leg on a ticket. Well, I never do the past few years, and probably never will again.

I do get "incredibly overpriced" tickets given to me a few times (2 or 3 at most) at work per year. I can't complain about those seats because I have an amazing experience while in them. But no, I wouldn't pay for them.lol

As for the EMM being a FP replacement... I debated doing it for several months..way before I could book FPs. I went back and forth as to if it was "worth it". The inability to secure a 7DMT FP made me finally pull the trigger.
I don't regret it!! I loved it. My son loved it. It was by far one of the best experiences at MK I've ever had. I would recommend it to anyone who is considering it, and we will do it again in the future.

The SW tour- if my recent trip wouldn't have included a day at HS where JTA was a HUGE chunk of it, and as a result of that, and wait times for Chewy and Kylo Ren, we didn't get to experience half of what we wanted..then maybe it would again be something that I would say "maybe"...but because of what happened in December that this tour sounds good to me, and I see value.
From my perspective though- we'd already do the dessert party and we would eat at Backlot Express anyway.. so how much "extra" is it really going to cost me? And is that "extra amount" worth not waiting in lines? To me the answer is Yes, it's worth it.

Last edited:

Luxe

As for the EMM being a FP replacement... I debated doing it for several months..way before I could book FPs. I went back and forth as to if it was "worth it". The inability to secure a 7DMT FP made me finally pull the trigger.
I don't regret it!! I loved it. My son loved it. It was by far one of the best experiences at MK I've ever had. I would recommend it to anyone who is considering it, and we will do it again in the future.

The SW tour- if my recent trip wouldn't have included a day at HS where JTA was a HUGE chunk of it, and as a result of that, and wait times for Chewy and Kylo Ren, we didn't get to experience half of what we wanted..then maybe it would again be something that I would say "maybe"...but because of what happened in December that this tour sounds good to me, and I see value.
From my perspective though- we'd already do the dessert party and we would eat at Backlot Express anyway.. so how much "extra" is it really going to cost me? And is that "extra amount" worth not waiting in lines? To me the answer is Yes, it's worth it.
Chewie and Kylo M&G rarely exceed 30 minutes. So you're ok with paying for FP reservations then? So you are fine with paying as much money as needed to skip the lines and get a premium experience it seems? Like I said before, Mr. Iger would love you.

@Luxe since I'm fairly certain that you're not reading my trip report, I'd like to share these photos with you.
EMM started at 7:30. We didn't even arrive to the front gate until 8am. Fantasyland is roped off to EMM guests only. BOG guests can not pass a certain area. 7DMT had the rope open between where you exit and board. We went on 6 consecutive times. My kid could stop at every area on the Winnie the Pooh line where he is normally rushed through or too crowded to do. This to me was definitely Early Morning "Magic" accuse me of snorting Pixie Dust if you wish...but I was extremely satisfied with that morning. We never waited behind even one person. Walk up- board- rinse and repeat.
If I didn't read your trip report thread, why would I want to read about it here? This is about the SW tour and is completely unrelated to EMM, which you brought up several times for some odd reason. You seem to love gushing about how fantastic your premium experience was in every possible thread. If I want to read a trip report, I will gladly visit that section of the forums but turning every thread into your personal trip report is getting tired.

21stamps

Chewie and Kylo M&G rarely exceed 30 minutes. So you're ok with paying for FP reservations then? So you are fine with paying as much money as needed to skip the lines and get a premium experience it seems? Like I said before, Mr. Iger would love you.

If I didn't read your trip report thread, why would I want to read about it here? This is about the SW tour and is completely unrelated to EMM, which you brought up several times for some odd reason. You seem to love gushing about how fantastic your premium experience was in every possible thread. If I want to read a trip report, I will gladly visit that section of the forums but turning every thread into your personal trip report is getting tired.
lol. Alright, I'm taking my own advice and ignoring you. My fault for trying to have a conversation. You don't ask questions to actually discuss a topic. Only to continue on your own insults. Have fun with that :) Those kind of severely weird games aren't my idea of fun.

Luxe

lol. Alright, I'm taking my own advice and ignoring you. My fault for trying to have a conversation. You don't ask questions to actually discuss a topic. Only to continue on your own insults. Have fun with that :) Those kind of severely weird games aren't my idea of fun.
:hilarious:

Ok, see ya real soon. ;)

Princess Leia

Idk if this is a dumb question or not, but why hasn't Disney put the JTA sign ups online? That seems like an easy solution for the lines to sign up in person.

21stamps

Idk if this is a dumb question or not, but why hasn't Disney put the JTA sign ups online? That seems like an easy solution for the lines to sign up in person.
Probably because then people wouldn't show up and waste spots.
There is only a limited amount of kids they will take. That's why you must be in line right when the park opens. They close off the line after a certain amount of people, which is how we missed it last year arriving at 9:15. Also the child must be there to sign up. You can't just send one parent. I'm glad they do it that way.

NearTheEars

Oh please, if ANYONE signs up for this tour specifically for JTA, I'm sorry(not really) but they are beyond stupid.

Also, you always clammer on about how theres different options and people can do what they want but you stir the pot anytime someone disagrees with you. Not everyone see's value in redundant, over priced cash grabs, as much as Disney wishes that were the case. Is that a hard concept to grasp? Guess what, this is a forum filled with hardcore Disney fans who love to discuss the fine details of everything that goes on in the parks. If you come to these forums expecting a pixie dust filled gush fest about how amazing all of the OPTIONS that Disney is so graciously giving to us then I think you're in the wrong place.

Imagine if everyone in the world just accepted what we were given and never criticized, analyzed or scrutinized it? That's not a place I would like to live because everything would be stagnant and nothing would improve.

I don't agree about JTA. Not having to get to the park super early and wait in the huge line hoping to get your kid in JTA still would be a valid benefit, though admittedly an expensive one. I've heard plenty of horror stories and huge disappointments from families that didn't make the cut.

The rest, as pointed out, can be done relatively easy on your own even when considering wait times.

I've personally yet to find value in any upcharge offered, but I'm not offended by them .... yet.
Harambe Nights, offered at AK, was just about the only one we considered, but still decided against it.

Last edited:

NearTheEars

To be honest, people keep telling her she is incredibly stupid for paying for upcharge events (including me in the past) and then she gets bashed for trying to explain why. Can't win I guess.

Minnesota disney fan

Just give up Luxe, because kimberl-oops 21 stamps is on a lot of threads just stirring things up and being argumentative. Just ignore her! Also you are using common sense and that is completely lost on her for some reason.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom