deleted

Bandini

Because apparently the people who are bashing this and would like to see it fail are people who don't even have children and aren't doing JTA anyway.

Why not just Live and Let Live. Some upcharges will appeal to some people, others won't. No need to wish for something to fail just bc it doesn't fit your wants.
You know nothing about me, so quit assuming things about me.

21stamps

The question is: will there be enough people, like you, who find value in it. I'm glad you want to do it. Hope you like it. I'm just not sure it will get enough numbers to justify keeping it around very long.

I don't know. I hope so.

I do know that when EMM was announced last year everyone said the same. It would fail..people would be crazy to pay $70+ tax for 1 hour in the park, with 3 rides open.
Yet it is selling out consistently, and most who have done it think it's worth every penny.

People see value in different places..I'm thinking that enough people will find value in this SW Tour.. and that it sticks around for quite some time! If you're (general) not interested, it's existence has no effect on you at all.

Princess Leia

I agree. Start small. Yeah, it's like $15. Other good tours are KTTK, UnDISCOVERed Future World, and Wild Africa Trek.
It's $20 ;) Still the cheapest upcharge at the parks though.
I've heard great things about this tour. I think the best indicator is that it's been around for years.
Exactly. I really haven't read a bad review for it. Plus, my EPCOT day falls on my birthday, and it was either this or have lunch with princesses. This one is a little bit on the cheaper side of things, even though I love the food at Akerhaus.

drizgirl

Because apparently the people who are bashing this and would like to see it fail are people who don't even have children and aren't doing JTA anyway.

Why not just Live and Let Live. Some upcharges will appeal to some people, others won't. No need to wish for something to fail just bc it doesn't fit your wants.

I have children and this would never appeal to us.

Bandini

It's $20 ;)

Exactly. I really haven't read a bad review for it. Plus, my EPCOT day falls on my birthday, and it was either this or have lunch with princesses. This one is a little bit on the cheaper side of things, even though I love the food at Akerhaus.
Are you going diring F& G? If so there's another garden tour about the displays at F & G. I always thought that might be a great tour too.

Princess Leia

Are you going diring F& G? If so there's another garden tour about the displays at F & G. I always thought that might be a great tour too.
Nope, going the weekend after Thanksgiving. So, right after Food & Wine, but at the beginning of the Holiday celebrations. Last time I was at the parks, F&G had just started, but my family didn't time the trip around it. We were just pleasantly surprised to see that a Guess Who concert was scheduled on our Epcot day.

21stamps

I have children and this would never appeal to us.
Ok...
You would fall into that "others won't" category.
Every upcharge isn't going to suit everyone.
I also have read you say that you don't do dessert parties..so no there wouldn't be value for you.

The reason why these tours and events do well is because they are small. Not everyone is going to want to do them. There's no issue either way. Let people do what they want on vacation..and let Disney keep offering options that do appeal to some people. Different options so that all can find at least one that they would enjoy.

Having fun on vacation isn't a negative thing.

Mike S

I don't know. I hope so.

I do know that when EMM was announced last year everyone said the same. It would fail..people would be crazy to pay $70+ tax for 1 hour in the park, with 3 rides open.
Yet it is selling out consistently, and most who have done it think it's worth every penny.

People see value in different places..I'm thinking that enough people will find value in this SW Tour.. and that it sticks around for quite some time! If you're (general) not interested, it's existence has no effect on you at all.
Wasn't EMM much more expensive when it first debuted and then went away and came back with a cheaper price?

drizgirl

Why? Because of the exorbitant cost or is it the massive time suck?

C. All of the above.

Paying for the entire family to do this would be crazy expensive. Many families would be paying for more than just 1 child. And it's hard enough to squeeze in everything everyone in our group wants to do. The 7 hour commitment to do just part of what we would otherwise expect to get done that day would just be an exercise in frustration.

Even if we planned to do the dessert party anyway (which we wouldn't), the $50 additional PER FAMILY MEMBER would just not be worth it.

But mostly it's an issue of perceived value. If I'm going to spring for a tour, it's going to be for one that allows me to do things I couldn't do on my own with a regular park ticket.

JohnD

It's $20 ;) Still the cheapest upcharge at the parks though.

I think it was $15 when I took it. $5 more huh? Naturally.

drizgirl

Ok...
You would fall into that "others won't" category.
Every upcharge isn't going to suit everyone.
I also have read you say that you don't do dessert parties..so no there wouldn't be value for you.

The reason why these tours and events do well is because they are small. Not everyone is going to want to do them. There's no issue either way. Let people do what they want on vacation..and let Disney keep offering options that do appeal to some people. Different options so that all can find at least one that they would enjoy.

Having fun on vacation isn't a negative thing.

Yep. I want it to fail. Even though I wouldn't choose to do it.

I want Disney to stop throwing crap at the fan to see what sticks.

21stamps

Huh? :rolleyes:
Isn't having fun the point of any vacation?
Being worried about what other people do..or what they should or should not do, is trying to prohibit someone's enjoyment for your own strange selfishness or anger towards a company. I can't get on board with that mentality. There's plenty of tours that do not interest me, there's plenty of upcharges that do not interest me, if someone else enjoys them- wonderful. I'm glad they had the option and that it improved their vacation experience.

21stamps

Yep. I want it to fail. Even though I wouldn't choose to do it.

I want Disney to stop throwing crap at the fan to see what sticks.

Don't worry about other people. If something doesn't harm you just let it go. There's 0 impact on your enjoyment.

As far as the cost and what "families can afford"..or "an entire family would be very expensive to do this". People vacation at Disney in different ways, everyone sets a different budget for the trip and what is or is not important.
Some people eat at signatures several times, some eat at CRT and others (like me) don't.

Your spending has nothing to do with the person next to you, and vice versa.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For all those complaining about the price being ridiculous:

Do you also complain about the ridiculous price of the VIP Tours?

Do you also complain about the ridiculous price of the Monorail Resorts?

If you do, you're consistent. If you don't, you're being inconsistent.

I know this DHS SW 'tour' seems empty of value, but, is an extra $400 a night really the value of some nicer theming and avoiding two bus rides a day?

Bandini

Being worried about what other people do..or what they should or should not do, is trying to prohibit someone's enjoyment for your own strange selfishness or anger towards a company. I can't get on board with that mentality. There's plenty of tours that do not interest me, there's plenty of upcharges that do not interest me, if someone else enjoys them- wonderful. I'm glad they had the option and that it improved their vacation experience.
"Strange selfinshness"? I think that's a more accurate description of yourself than it is of me.

I agree with drizgirl, the Disney money grabbing has become extreme. This tour is just another example of this.
As long as the up sells are successful, Disney will not be motivated to invest more capital into attractions. Please, don't bother citing Pandora, ROL, SWL, or TSL since none of these are open to the public.
Why would Disney invest in park improvements, when people like you are willing to gush over a $50 cupcake?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom