Decency Code?

pcf1385

Generally, I do not post on this board. However, I've seen this subject a many time here and other places and I just thought I'd give my two cents: First, I don't usually notice what other people are wearing all that much. I couldn't tell you from any of my many trips to WDW an outfit that stood out , go figure. Secondly, if I'm not mistaken, daisy dukes, those short shorts that people seem to detest so much, where around way before the teens of today, so it's not like short shorts are a new thing. :wave:

bluefaery

wdwishes2005 said:
Please don't make sweeping generalizations like that. There are still some decent kids around.

yeah me. I was and still am a decent kid

pcf1385 said:
Secondly, if I'm not mistaken, daisy dukes, those short shorts that people seem to detest so much, where around way before the teens of today, so it's not like short shorts are a new thing. :wave:

you do have a point.

pluto77

unkadug said:
Big Bouncies!!:lol:

But it the other bouncy that really is bothersome...at the water parks...
Men in Speedos or worse...thongs! That should be against the law!
How about men wearing white speedos! Last time I was at Typhoon Lagoon there was this guy walking around wearing a white speedo... and it was wet... :dazzle: :cry: :brick:

WEll im 16 so i don care but its just the human body what can you do.Just teach ur kids to not gawk at it man americans :brick: and whats with big bouncies why can't u say

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
ILLmaticS0ldier said:
WEll im 16 so i don care but its just the human body what can you do.Just teach ur kids to not gawk at it man americans :brick: and whats with big bouncies why can't u say

Because Big Boucies is more descriptive and poetic !

wdwishes2005

ILLmaticS0ldier said:
Just as an FYI Miami is in America.......

Mimi

This thread is a great demonstration of the facts that little boys never grow up and chivalry is definitely dead.

Slosh

Chivarly was only alive in an era where corsets and massive clevage were normal. 200 years later, most of us have moved on.

Woody13

Let's All Be Thankful That Chivalry is Dead!

Slosh said:
Chivarly was only alive in an era where corsets and massive clevage were normal. 200 years later, most of us have moved on.
  • Live to serve King and Country.
  • Live to defend Crown and Country and all it holds dear.
  • Live one's life so that it is worthy of respect and honor.
  • Live for freedom, justice and all that is good.
  • Never attack an unarmed foe.
  • Never use a weapon on an opponent not equal to the attack.
  • Never attack from behind.
  • Avoid lying to your fellow man.
  • Avoid cheating.
  • Avoid torture.
  • Obey the law of king, country, and chivalry.
  • Administer justice.
  • Protect the innocent.
  • Exhibit self control.
  • Show respect to authority.
  • Respect women.
  • Exhibit Courage in word and deed.
  • Defend the weak and innocent.
  • Destroy evil in all of its monstrous forms.
  • Crush the monsters that steal our land and rob our people.
  • Fight with honor.
  • Avenge the wronged.
  • Never abandon a friend, ally, or noble cause.
  • Fight for the ideals of king, country, and chivalry.
  • Die with valor.
  • Always keep one's word of honor.
  • Always maintain one's principles.
  • Never betray a confidence or comrade.
  • Avoid deception.
  • Respect life and freedom.
  • Die with honor.
  • Exhibit manners.
  • Be polite and attentive.
  • Be respectful of host, women, and honor.
  • Loyalty to country, King, honor, freedom, and the code of chivalry.
  • Loyalty to one's friends and those who lay their trust in thee.

Edeyore

pluto77 said:
How about men wearing white speedos! Last time I was at Typhoon Lagoon there was this guy walking around wearing a white speedo... and it was wet... :dazzle: :cry: :brick:

Again, the hard part is dealing with people from different cultures. I live on the seacoast, in New Hampshire, (there isn't much of it.) and we have a great deal of tourists from Canada at the beaches. I'm telling you, the first time you see a 270 lb man walking down the beach in a speedo, you want to poke your own eyes out.
I just think that it is hard for the CMs to determine what is both culturally correct and appropriate for the park.

Edeyore

Slosh said:
I assume that was intended as further proof chivalry is dead, buried, and being trounced upon by the unwashed masses?

Or, depending where you are from, proving that much of chivalry is alive and well, and should be in the Magic Kingdom.

Gucci65

It has been my observation that most bikini wearing people are from other countries. So I like to think they just don't know better, plus they will never see us again.:lol:

You notice them first because of the bikini top, then you notice because they have the worse case of sunburn you have ever seen.

When I see these women in July in their bikini tops, I am jealous. I would love to cool off by walking around in a bikini top but (1) what kind of example would I be setting for my own teenager and (2) I wouldn't wanna black my own eyeif I decided to run for the bus:lol: :lol:

MKCP 1985

Mister Toad, I can assure you that I have personally seen cast members confront park guests at Animal Kingdom and require them to conform to a code. A group had just come off the Kali River Rapids and a boy had taken off his shirt, and a girl was wearing only a bikini top. Both were required to put on their shirts. They were then followed for a bit where it appeared they were being watched to see if they were going to remove the shirts (they didn't). I only know this because I happened to be right behind them, going in the same direction at the time.

So, it does happen.

pluto77

Edeyore said:
Again, the hard part is dealing with people from different cultures. I live on the seacoast, in New Hampshire, (there isn't much of it.) and we have a great deal of tourists from Canada at the beaches. I'm telling you, the first time you see a 270 lb man walking down the beach in a speedo, you want to poke your own eyes out.
I just think that it is hard for the CMs to determine what is both culturally correct and appropriate for the park.
Oh I know speedos are more accepted in other cultures, I was more talking about the fact that it was white. (which I guess it would still be hard to deal with since it's just a different color, but it was still gross :lol: ). Just think about what happens when women (or men) wear kind of tight white T-Shirts, and then it rains and their T-Shirt is soaking wet... now take that same idea, but place a white speedo on a guy. :dazzle: I agree with you though, I know what your saying.

pluto77

MKCP 1985 said:
So, it does happen.
Yeah, once when we rode splash mountain my 5-year-old niece wanted to wear her bathing suit, we didn't even think about the fact that it might not be allowed, but when we got up to the fast pass stop the CM made us get out of line because she wasn't allowed to wear a bathing suit (then he almost didn't give us our fast passes back :mad: .... but that's beside the point :D ).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom