Decency Code?

MickeyTigg

Just a reminder...this is a family site....can we be a little more discreet here. How about we act like adults instead of 14 year old boys.

:eek:

ScrapIron

Well, it's certainly hard for me to find fault with a swimsuit at a waterpark as mentioned in the OP. Disney has always reserved the right to deny people entrance or ask them to leave if they feel it is offensive. They used to stop people at the gate in DL for unusual hair styles or colors, although a pink/purple haired girl sued and was awarded $250 when she arrived in court as a brunette (Mouse Tales, page 257).

"Our youth now love luxury-they have bad manners and contempt for authority....Children are now tyrants-not the servants of their households....They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up their food and tyranize their teachers." This was originally said by Socrates about 2500 years ago (50 bonus points if you know the who and when before highlighting the white type), so there's nothing new under the sun.

Cheers.

Mister Toad

Original Poster
TiggerRPh said:
Just a reminder...this is a family site....can we be a little more discreet here. How about we act like adults instead of 14 year old boys.

:eek:

Believe me, this thread is 200% tamer than what you can see in MK during Spring Break.

robynchic

I believe that the reason CMs don't mention something was previously said in this thread- that a male CM asking a woman to cover up (or vice versa) may be considered harassment.

During some times of the year (the summer particularly) they are more lax about women wearing bikini tops. As an example, I wore a bikini top and regular denim shorts when one of my friends came to visit last summer, because it was so darn hot. I was never asked to put a shirt on (then again, I wasn't bursting out of my top- I like to stay intact and comfortable!).

Entertainment may be a certain exception to requests. If a character feels uncomfortable with taking a picture if a woman is wearing something that the character thinks may be inappropriate, the character may indicate that they would like the guest to put on a shirt.

Another exception is if a woman has taken off her shirt, and it is OBVIOUSLY a bra. Then they may be asked to put their shirt back on.

Personally, I think that those men that wear tank tops, are a little on the heavy side, and look like a "missing link" (you could make a sweater from what's on their backs!) should be asked to put on a shirt WITH SLEEVES!

nibblesandbits

1disneydood said:
I can see it now. One week's photocontest should be "Big Bouncies @ the parks". :lol::lol:
Yeah...that idea's gotta get past me first...and I think I"m gonna be pretty hard to be persuaded, since I'm a girl...:lol: :lol:

wdwishes2005

Maybe an unofficial photo contest? :lookaroun .... Just kidding. And chivalry was dead with the invention of gunpowder, now more so with .50 cals that can take a man's head off a mile away.......

Texzilla

I almost hate to mention them since it usually starts a chain on venom going, and maybe deservedly so, but those cheerleaders. They should really be made to meet the dress code in between performances or shows or what ever it is they're doing at the parks. Incredibly tight Spandex outfits might be great so that it cuts down on wind resistance when they're performing, but up close and personal while waiting in line is just.....creepy and uncomfortable. Taking a wash cloth to all the make up wouldn't hurt either. It's not a Picasso, it's a 14 year olds face, shouldn't take a minute to Tammy Faye it back up again when it's time to go back on stage. Any other time of year child services should be called on a parent who lets their daughter walk around thousands of strangers looking like that.

wdwishes2005

Texzilla said:
I almost hate to mention them since it usually starts a chain on venom going, and maybe deservedly so, but those cheerleaders. They should really be made to meet the dress code in between performances or shows or what ever it is they're doing at the parks. Incredibly tight Spandex outfits might be great so that it cuts down on wind resistance when they're performing, but up close and personal while waiting in line is just.....creepy and uncomfortable. Taking a wash cloth to all the make up wouldn't hurt either. It's not a Picasso, it's a 14 year olds face, shouldn't take a minute to Tammy Faye it back up again when it's time to go back on stage. Any other time of year child services should be called on a parent who lets their daughter walk around thousands of strangers looking like that.
:lol: That's great......

Captain Chaos

ILLmaticS0ldier said:
Yea but im hispanic lol i don kno i guees diffrent cultures has diffrent prepectives of live .Americans tend to be (mid west pure americans all da way)lol

Were you born here or in another country and moved here?

robynchic

Texzilla said:

When was the last time YOU applied performance/competition makeup?

I may not have been a cheerleader, but I was in colorguard. Any sort of performance makeup takes about 15-20 minutes (sometimes more) to do it WELL and in conformity to the other members of the team. And changing in and out of costume...well, I can't tell you, since I don't know what their routines or costumes were. I would assume that they didn't change out of costume because they didn't want to get the makeup on the costume, and they didn't want to take the makeup off because they may have had to perform later.

Shaman

wdwishes2005 said:
Just as an FYI Miami is in America.......

Are you sure? :lookaroun :lol:

As for what people wear at the parks...I personally don't care...I go to WDW to enjoy myself and have a good time...If people want to head on into the park totally naked, by all means...Disney will just have to add lines to the safety spiels...to prevent certain accidents and stuff...:lookaroun

People would be much happier if they stopped worrying about these silly things when they go on their vacations (since they aren't cheap)...

*shrug*

Texzilla

Hey I'm not saying they have to take their make up and costumes off in between routines if they stay 'backstage'. I'm just saying that once they leave the performance area they're out of the context of the competition. What's acceptable for a performance seen at a distance is different that what is acceptable elbow to elbow in line with a bunch of strangers. And it can be shocking to see them in the context of the theme parks looking like THAT.

And you're right, as a 47 year old male I have never applied performance/competition make up. But you know, after a nice dinner and a movie and I'm open to just about anything......

thejohn

ScrapIron said:
Well, it's certainly hard for me to find fault with a swimsuit at a waterpark as mentioned in the OP. Disney has always reserved the right to deny people entrance or ask them to leave if they feel it is offensive. They used to stop people at the gate in DL for unusual hair styles or colors, although a pink/purple haired girl sued and was awarded $250 when she arrived in court as a brunette (Mouse Tales, page 257).

"Our youth now love luxury-they have bad manners and contempt for authority....Children are now tyrants-not the servants of their households....They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up their food and tyranize their teachers." This was originally said by Socrates about 2500 years ago (50 bonus points if you know the who and when before highlighting the white type), so there's nothing new under the sun.

Cheers.

Socrates was a Greek philosphyer that know there was always more to learn

robynchic

thejohn said:
I think The rule should be If you wouldent wear it to a family reuniun dont wear it to the parks
But you never know what people will wear to family reunions...:lol:

I think anyone whose big bouncies are now big saggies, and unsupported, should be removed from the park until they find an appropriate brassiere. Because those types make me think about what I'll look like in 40 years with my bouncies being like that...*shudder*

RonAnnArbor

I have found that the big bouncies are nowhere near as annoying as the grande dame or teen with a midriff halter top. I mean, I have a beer belly, but I don't show it off - neither should your overweight 17 year old.

robynchic

RonAnnArbor said:
I have found that the big bouncies are nowhere near as annoying as the grande dame or teen with a midriff halter top. I mean, I have a beer belly, but I don't show it off - neither should your overweight 17 year old.
That's another shudder-worthy thing, IMHO. It's almost as bad as the teeny boppers wearing short shorts and bikini tops, trying to look older than they are. Or the old ladies wearing the same thing.

ScrapIron

There was a recent thread on this topic at DL recently on mouseplanet, but I can't find it (may have been a drift from the original topic). Anyway, while searching, I came across this post from 2002. I found it amusing, enjoy.

I was in the Park on the 25th near the Plaza and who should come up the street but the Goths there for their group photo. I was watching this when I overheard a woman asking the driver of the horseless carriage what was going on and he told her it was just a small group of people who liked to dress up and come to the Park together.

She became offended. She complained that this was devil worship and demanded to know why Disney allowed this sort of thing. The CM patiently explained that as long as everyone obeyed Park rules, there was nothing they could do. She became even more angry and repeated that it was devil worship and that she was a Christian who didn't come to Disneyland with her husband and young girl to see devil worshippers. I broke in and said, "Oh, come on! They're just having fun."

She wouldn't listen. She took her little girl by the hand and said they were going to get their money back. They walked away, toward the front gate.

I told a couple of Goths what had happened and they shook their heads, surprised that anyone would be offended, doubted that any of their group was a Satanist and I left, curious to see if the woman would make good on her threat.

As I exited the gate, I walked past Customer Relations, and there was the woman, seated with her little girl on a bench, her husband standing in line waiting to get their money back. I don't think she saw me. (During this whole thing, I didn't hear a word from her husband.)

Here's the link for the whole thread:
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=9385&highlight=

Cheers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom