Decency Code?

RonAnnArbor

LOL...great story...I love watching things like that. It just shows you how small-minded and ignorant some people can be. I think the amazing this how little that happens -- I've come across a LOT of small-minds in my day...

Tom

Beta Return
Now wait just a minute! If we ban bikini-clad gals, what the heck is supposed to keep me entertained in lines?!?!

Ok, joking (well not really joking) aside, I agree that WDW should do SOMETHING about guests who are giving anatomy lessons. Sure, I will don my sunglasses and gawk at every instance of cleavage within eyeshot, but I'm a 25-yo male with no kids or wife yet. However, I can imagine being there with a Mrs. and/or kids. We're in America - not France. We don't walk around naked here because it's just not our culture. I don't want my kids staring and asking questions there in WDW - and I don't want my future wife catching me looking out the side of my sunglasses either :lol:

There is a fine line between being tactfully comfortable, and downright lewd. But I can see all the issues with bringing it up with a guest, as sue-happy as Americans are these days. Oh well, until they put a stop to it, I'll just keep enjoying the views.

SpongeScott

Mister Toad said:
Is there a decency code at WDW? Since we're getting into the hot/warm months, I figured I'd air out my pet peeve......

My two favorite resorts are WDW and Busch Gardens Williamsburg, which is a roller-coaster heaven if you ever get the chance to go.

Anyhow, when you go into BG, there are signs posted at all entrances warning guests that inappropriate dress (at BG judgement) would not be tolerated.
I was at BGT today. There are no such signs there that I saw, but I did see lots of flesh. God only knows what it will be like when summer hits here.

Mimi

TAC said:
You mean the muffin-tops? They are generally the ones that also show their tramp stamp.

Not necessarily. Believe it or not I think it is just the style, overweight or not. Just take a look in the junior's section at your local department store... most XL's don't properly fit a slightly overweight teenager.

nibblesandbits

Mimi said:
Not necessarily. Believe it or not I think it is just the style, overweight or not. Just take a look in the junior's section at your local department store... most XL's don't properly fit a slightly overweight teenager.
most clothing in the jr section doesn't fit properly, no matter what size.

Woody13

Perhaps WDW needs to establish a special "fashion police" phone number so those that violate the decency code can be reported, detained and removed from all of us decent folk.

robynchic

woody13 said:
Perhaps WDW needs to establish a special "fashion police" phone number so those that violate the decency code can be reported, detained and removed from all of us decent folk.
Love the idea! You've got "pooh-bears" for security. How about "Clarabelles" for fashion?

nibblesandbits said:
most clothing in the jr section doesn't fit properly, no matter what size.
Don't get me started on that. I'm 5'0" tall- too short for pants. I have a large chest and a small waist- small shirts strain, but mediums look too big.

There's no happy medium- and most people are willing to accept what is convenient- they don't go searching (like I do).

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
crazylady.JPG Was the lady who wanted her refund this crazy woman

1disneydood

and I don't want my future wife catching me looking out the side of my sunglasses either
Then you might become one of those "couples arguing while at WDW" that other threads have been started about. :lol: :lookaroun

Mister Toad

Original Poster
SpongeScott said:
I was at BGT today. There are no such signs there that I saw, but I did see lots of flesh. God only knows what it will be like when summer hits here.

I have never been to BGT... I used to live outside of Richmond, Va... I was referring to BG Williamsburg.

Besides, it probably is still too cold to worry about needing that sign right now.

From BGW Website:
Attire
In keeping with the family image of Busch Gardens Williamsburg, guests must wear appropriate clothing while in the park. Shirts, pants, and shoes must be worn at all times.

peter11435

Mister Toad said:
From BGW Website:
Attire
In keeping with the family image of Busch Gardens Williamsburg, guests must wear appropriate clothing while in the park. Shirts, pants, and shoes must be worn at all times.

How is that any different than Disney who says:

"We work hard to offer a comfortable, safe, and enjoyable experience for all our Guests. Please assist us by showing common courtesy to fellow Park Guests. Please be respectful of others. Do not use profanity or engage in unsafe, illegal, or offensive behavior. Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times."

pintraderpayee

I have seen the CMs tell someone about the wording on a tee. The kid turned it inside out for the rest of the day. No problem. It was one of my students who sneaked on the bus ahead of me that morning. When we arrived at Epcot for our class the instructor noticed it. More embarassing for me than the student, I think:eek: It was one of those tees you can buy at several of the off-site souvenir shops in Orlando:eek: I've conducted a tee-check every day of every trip since!

10 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 27 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

SpongeScott

Mister Toad said:
I have never been to BGT... I used to live outside of Richmond, Va... I was referring to BG Williamsburg.

Besides, it probably is still too cold to worry about needing that sign right now.

From BGW Website:
Attire
Without looking, I would assume the same thing is on the BGT site. Knowing I was going after you started this thread, I was curious if something would be posted at the park and what kind of dress there would be. There was nothing and little next to nothing. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom