Deadliest Catch - I can't wait!!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
So who all watched last night???

Everything seemed pretty uneventful...well...except for the rearranging of Nick's nose. OMG. I couldn't look. We generally order pizza or something for DC night and are chowing down during the show. Talk about an appetite killer. Ugh! Both my boys were amazed he went back on deck. I guess your nose can be broken & hurt inside laying around or back outside working. At least with the latter nobody else has to pick up your slack, right? That's the way I would look at it. :D

And 'After the Catch'! How stinkin' cool is it that Sig is a character in Cars 2?!?! I haven't been so impressed with the previews & trailers for that movie but it's worth seeing just so I can sig 'Crabby' on the big screen. :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I watched last nights show but had to record after the catch.

Nick is hardcore. Going out on deck with a nose busted up like that takes serious stones. It was interesting to see how much it shook up Jake.

I am wondering how long it will be before we see a popular person on the show seriously hurt or even killed. Last nigh Nick was about 2 inches away from a seriously scrambled squash.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
I caught bits and pieces of both shows - serious storms in Chicagoland last night kept knocking out the Directv. I'm hoping the DVR caught the replays but I haven't had a chance to look yet. I'm leaving on a 14 hr road trip by myself in the morning, so when I get back I will hopefully have this week's full episode and the one from next week waiting for me! For what I did see, I totally agree with Master Yoda - kudos to Nick for not letting it slow him down.

And it is way cool that Sig is in Cars 2. He tweeted about it a few days ago and I couldn't figure out why he was so interested in the movie. :hammer:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I watched last nights show but had to record after the catch.

Nick is hardcore. Going out on deck with a nose busted up like that takes serious stones. It was interesting to see how much it shook up Jake.

I am wondering how long it will be before we see a popular person on the show seriously hurt or even killed. Last nigh Nick was about 2 inches away from a seriously scrambled squash.

OMG! Wasn't it really an attention-getter when you saw Jake get so shook-up? He looked like someone jerked the rug from beneath his feet. It's good for him to see that stuff, tho. It needs to be truly real for him to grasp what he thinks he wants on his plate. Ya know?

I think it was Sig that said it, another couple inches...if that hook had smacked his temple it'd be a whole different ballgame. Nuts. I agree. Serious cahones there. After Nick got off the phone with his wife and said, "Maybe I shouldn't have told her" my hubby started laughing and came right back with, "Yeah, but if you don't she'll be upset about that, too." :lol:

AMH97 - Be careful on your roadtrip! :wave:

SAV

With King Crab season coming in October, a reminder that you can go to marinetraffic.com and track the different ships movements if they are in a zone that is live and their AIS is turned on.

I have the MMSI numbers for almost all of the boats in the fleet:

Kodiak: 303546000
Northwestern: 367363350
Seabrooke: 367018620
Time Bandit: 338564000
Wizard: 367050980

Cornelia Marie: 367142080 (she will be in dry dock for the next 12 months and not on the show)

I found it easiest to set up "My Fleet" and click the button so you only see those ships on the screen. It's kinda crowded otherwise.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
With King Crab season coming in October, a reminder that you can go to marinetraffic.com and track the different ships movements if they are in a zone that is live and their AIS is turned on.

I have the MMSI numbers for almost all of the boats in the fleet:

Kodiak: 303546000
Northwestern: 367363350
Seabrooke: 367018620
Time Bandit: 338564000
Wizard: 367050980

Cornelia Marie: 367142080 (she will be in dry dock for the next 12 months and not on the show)

I found it easiest to set up "My Fleet" and click the button so you only see those ships on the screen. It's kinda crowded otherwise.

Thank you! I just set it up, gonna have to play around with it. I did notice that for anyone who is looking by name the Seabrooke is spelled wrong. Search for "Seabooke."

SAV

If you just put the MMSI numbers I provided in on that add window, you don't have to search by name.

My searches for Ramblin' Rose were unsuccessful. It came up with 2 boats, but none were large enough to be the one on the show.

Just for kicks, I also found and will track the boats from Whale Wars too.

SAV

Looks like the boats are out fishing and the Time Bandit is already back for an offload. Seabrooke is fishing Blue Crab. Cornelia just got done being re-painted and is on its way to Kodiak to prep for Opie Season. From what I have read, they aren't going to be on Deadliest Catch this season.

I'm noticing that the marinetraffic site doesn't show that there is an AIS receiver turned on in Unalaska, so we can't see the boats so far.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
We spotted the commercial last week, too! Yeah, we knew Edgar wouldn't stay gone forever. I also sorta cheated and did some online searching months back to see what was what with the fleet. Nope, Cornelia didn't go out for king this year. She did go for opies, tho, with Tony at the helm. I guess it was back around Christmas when I first looked. I got hubby seasons 4-last year (7?, 6?, I forget) and tshirts for the Northwestern & Cornelia. This year maybe we'll switch off wearing the DC shirts every week for the show. I know, we're pitiful! And hey! Good news! In May when we're at Pop for 2 nights we won't miss the show! Wooohooooo! :sohappy:

I'm ready! Come on April 10th!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom