DCA Setting Records and WDW

misterID

Later in this thread I will give my opinion of how I think Al Lutz and others almost ruined everything.

Oh, man...

Really, all this would do is get more people to visit DLR instead of WDW, so in the scheme of things, if WDW begins to see its numbers decline, then you would hope they'd invest in it. But if DLR/DCA do help take away vacations from The World, that would help UNI in the long run.

The main difference here is that Lasseter has shown love ONLY for DLR and has admitted, along with his buddy Tony Baxter, that DLR are their one true love's, the apple of their eyes, etc. And from what's leaked out, it seems Lasseter had to threaten to quit to get RSR/Carsland done right.

I just don't see anyone with that kind of passion for WDW in TWDC, and that's what Carsland was, a pure passion project. I'm still hoping (I mean, really hoping) Staggs steps up in the near future and replaces the head of TDO and her minions. I really do. So I am optimistic, but also realistic. I don't see anything whatsoever pointing to another WDW golden age because of what's going on at DLR. DCA had an excuse to need investment, and someone spearheading the project with the passion that would cause him to walk if it wasn't done right.

danv3

I'd love to see the success at DCA lead to greater investment in WDW, but as others have noted, given Iger's and Rasulo's comments, I think we're a long, long way from seeing anything new after FLE (and Avatar, if it happens).

EPCOT needs the DCA treatment, but I don't think that's in the cards.

cheezbat

I'd love to see the success at DCA lead to greater investment in WDW, but as others have noted, given Iger's and Rasulo's comments, I think we're a long, long way from seeing anything new after FLE (and Avatar, if it happens).

EPCOT needs the DCA treatment, but I don't think that's in the cards.

Epcot and Hollywood Studios need the DCA treatment. Animal Kingdom just needs additions. I think all four parks could be bringing in 12-15 million people if TDO actually tried to boost those gates with quality and quantity.

Magic Kingdom will bring them in no matter what they do.

lazyboy97o

Why would Disney focus on Walt Disney World when Disneyland Paris is in a much worse situation? I doubt either will be getting significant focus from Burbank.

Pentacat

I think continued expansion of DCA and DLR is a lock at this point but a third gate would be hugely expensive given the lack of space. They never would have built the Grand Californian where they did if a third gate was in the cards.

As far as Disneyland Paris, TWDC only own 40% of the resort so IMHO that means they care 60% less about it than they do WDW. Scary thought.

Californian Elitist

I think continued expansion of DCA and DLR is a lock at this point but a third gate would be hugely expensive given the lack of space. They never would have built the Grand Californian where they did if a third gate was in the cards.

As far as Disneyland Paris, TWDC only own 40% of the resort so IMHO that means they care 60% less about it than they do WDW. Scary thought.

We have space for a third park.

Ignohippo

Hopefully their successors will reverse that. Only 3 years of Iger/Rasulo left.

Iger has never been afraid to spend money. Give it six months of great numbers at DCA, and I have no doubt he'll have the ammunition needed to get major expansions done at WDW as well.

Rasulo is the one who really needs to go.

HMF

Iger has never been afraid to spend money. Give it six months of great numbers at DCA, and I have no doubt he'll have the ammunition needed to get major expansions done at WDW as well.

Rasulo is the one who really needs to go.
Iger only spent the money because he HAD to. Contrary to what some believe Iger is not one of the good guys. If he was, Rasulo, Staggs and the rest of the Eisner Strategic Planner remnants would be gone.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think it would be wise to prepare yourself for a MarvelOus new park.

...sigh. Anyone got some plans for WestCOT lying around? Can we bombard Iger and his minions with those?
Ooo you had to go and say that! ;)

Reiterating what's been said earlier, DCA got its fix since it was acknowledged it was broke to the extent it was costing money in reduced income. Nothing at WDW is considered broken. DHS is known to have serious issues as an overall experience but until guests stop paying the east parks will just get lip service compared to CarsLand and other proposals for Disneyland. Add to the local vs tourist demographic and Disneyland as a resort will continue to have additions - big and small - as a regular priority as opposed to the Orlando just-ticking-over mentality. There's a difference between the minimum to keep things appearing fresh and capital expenditure expansion projects.

Yes, FLE is very nice and a welcome addition. However, it's one born out of nessecity to increase the popular parks capacity, generate more income, and repurpose and replace life-expired facilities. Not to mention reclaim (finally) the lost ground from 20k. It adds 2 D tickets, an expensive restaurant and a replacement kiddy area but also looses a popular attraction and replaces life expired buildings. I'm sure I'll enjoy Mermaid and Mine Coaster, but not as much as had they properly rebuilt Space Mountain as originally planned or built the TRON family E Ride behind Buzz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom