Dasani bottled water up from $2 to $2.50 per bottle

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The filtered water appears to have gone up from $2.00 to $2.50 per bottle.

This is certainly the case at the MK quick service locations, I havnt yet been able to confirm elsewhere.

Here is a photo of the Columbia Harbour House drink section.

Attachments

• waterDSC03985.jpg
    waterDSC03985.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 83

WDW1974

I admit I see things like this in the real world ... at casual resturants and fast food (in terms of pricing, not H2O perse) and I am clueless.

The economy is at levels not seen since the Great Depression, people are cancelling trips and Disney's answer is to nickel and dime.

Won't affect me. I'm looking at heading to Vegas . And I don't buy bottled water.

But it still reeks of greed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
They've always been $2.50. I live here and can confirm.

No its definitely an increase. Here is a menu from MGM - mid 2008, you will see they were $2.00

Attachments

• 200waterDSC08305.jpg
    200waterDSC08305.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 71
  • studioscateringDSC08260.jpg
    studioscateringDSC08260.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 66

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Weren't bottles of water $2.50 a few years ago? I swore I used to pay $2.50 maybe as late as 2002, 2003?

Yes back in the early 2000's they were $2.50 (I think it was when Dasani was first introduced to the parks). Then they dropped it to $2.00 for the large size.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I remember paying $2.50 when we went in March...at the carts though..

Here is a cart menu from march 2008. Still $2.00.

LOL the only reason this one strikes such a cord with me is that I see all the menu photos when we add them to the menu listing pages. So I tend to notice these things - not trying to pick a fight here. :)

Attachments

• water2DSC09085.jpg
    water2DSC09085.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 57

maggiegrace1

Here is a cart menu from march 2008. Still $2.00.

LOL the only reason this one strikes such a cord with me is that I see all the menu photos when we add them to the menu listing pages. So I tend to notice these things - not trying to pick a fight here. :)
:lol:No, it is fine..apparently I have no idea what I am talking about..or I am just really old..;)
I always thought the soft drinks were also $2.50

erasure fan1

The economy is at levels not seen since the Great Depression, people are cancelling trips and Disney's answer is to nickel and dime.
Thats everyones answer, oh well we have been bringing our own water to the parks for a long time so it wont matter to us.

It still makes me laugh that people will pay $2.50 to get bottled tap water when ice-cold water is available for free from a water fountain nearby. Only UK readers will remember Del Boy's "Peckham Spring", but it's impossible not to think of it.

maggiegrace1

The thing is..there are still people who will be willing to pay $2.50 for it..not saying it is right but it is true.

Prices are up everywhere..have you gone grocery shopping lately..I went to buy Maggie the certain kind of chips that she likes and they were $4.00...when they were recently $3.50..its everywhere..

Hrudey3032

I admit I see things like this in the real world ... at casual resturants and fast food (in terms of pricing, not H2O perse) and I am clueless.

Won't affect me. I'm looking at heading to Vegas . And I don't buy bottled water.

But it still reeks of greed.

Reeks of greed? Many vendors are raising there prices.I used to get a 20oz coke at work for a dollar now it is $1.25.Go to a sporting event and you will see bottled water for $3.00 or higher. Like someone else said just take your own water bottle and fill it at a fountain instead.It is also due to the fact less people are attending they may be raising prices on this stuff to cover costs.

kal1484

The bottle water was $2.50 at the start of 2004, and sometime between Fall 2004 and December 2005 it changed. I worked at the food stands when they made the change.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
With the economy in the dumps, it seems they would keep the prices the same (or even lower prices) instead of raising prices. I know that they realize that they have a captive audience, but STILL.

haveyoumetmark

Poo poo. This reminds me of the Arizona teas. The actual cans say $0.99 on them, but they raised the price to $1.20. So you are paying upwards of a dollar for a product that clearly says it should be $0.99. I'm not one for fast food either, but dollar menus are becoming out of vogue as well. Dasani is crap anyway, salted tap water. :hurl:

hpyhnt 1000

Its called a drinking fountain folks, complimentary with your park admission. :wave:

Seriously, I've never bought bottled water in the parks, and now that its $2.50 a bottle, I definitely won't anytime soon. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom