Dangerous Levels of Heat Index for Orlando (July 18 - Aug 3, 2022)

Dutch Inn '76

Reminds me of states in the south when they get a inch or two of snow and all you see on the news is massive accidents and pile ups while us northerners watch and know they aren't equipped for it either.
The top 10 hottest years have all occured in this century with the top seven hottest summers all in the last 7 years. Im guessing this year will be right with them. So yes, its always hot in july down south, but it’s getting hotter down south and everywhere else.
I don't know about "the South," but the hottest summer on record in Memphis is 1980. I was there, and it was miserable. We still haven't approached that record stretch of heat. Next is 1953; before my time, but it still shows up when the weather folks start looking for records on the news...

DisneyDebRob

I don't know about "the South," but the hottest summer on record in Memphis is 1980. I was there, and it was miserable. We still haven't approached that record stretch of heat. Next is 1953; before my time, but it still shows up when the weather folks start looking for records on the news...
As i said in my post, it’s getting hotter everywhere and has been for a long time. The last 7 years are the hottest seven years on record. Maybe in your area it didn’t hit the hottest summer since 1953, but i was saying overall.

Lilofan

One improvise of a cooling effect is put a bowl of ice cubes in front of a fan. Sit in front of fan and feel the cooling effects. Replace ice cubes when melted.

correcaminos

😆 I use to do this as a kid (lol showing my age). We only had two a/c units and my parents ALWAYS got one
We had 1 AC unit as a kid (our house we're in now was retrofitted for central AC but still have a wall unit installed upstairs and one removed from downstairs). Guess where it was lol This really dies help! Or use wet towels on your skin if you don't have any more ice.

Lilofan

We had 1 AC unit as a kid (our house we're in now was retrofitted for central AC but still have a wall unit installed upstairs and one removed from downstairs). Guess where it was lol This really dies help! Or use wet towels on your skin if you don't have any more ice.
I vacationed in Panama years ago. I stayed in a non AC home in a friend home. The heat and humidity made Miami look like SF year round. I went to bed sweating and woke up sweating. The only way I fell asleep was 10mg Melatonin.

Lilofan

I’m a Londoner, and I don’t know a single family in the UK who has AC. I think it’s grossly overused here in the US—some spaces feel like fridges!
An odd story a peer told me who is from New Orleans is she turns her AC down to 60 degrees so she can bundle up in layers of clothing and enjoy her hot and spicy homemade seafood gumbo.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom