Dangerous Levels of Heat Index for Orlando (July 18 - Aug 3, 2022)

Lilofan

Absolutely! While I was at Epcot today, I wasn’t even interested in having alcohol and stuck with water.
Great idea, intense heat and alcohol is a bad mix and may get people to get drunk faster or worse. Many years ago I thought I was having a heatstroke after I cut the grass. I then went to the neighborhood pool to cool off but even in the water I felt dizzy and lightheaded. I went back to my home and then rested in the cold AC continuing drinking lots of water.

Dr. Nigel Channing

For families in the South they can be acclimated to heat and humidity.
Maybe for some, but as someone who's lived in the south all his life, this summer is unbearable. Everybody's talking about how miserable it is, and we haven't reached it as bad (yet) as Texas and over in the UK, among other places. Our AC unit finally bit the dust on Monday. Silver lining, it lasted 22 years, so it did it's job well. But it's not going to be a fun next several days until the new one is installed. Have barely slept, and very uncomfortably, and am feeling it. 🥵

Lilofan

Maybe for some, but as someone who's lived in the south all his life, this summer is unbearable. Everybody's talking about how miserable it is, and we haven't reached it as bad (yet) as Texas and over in the UK, among other places. Our AC unit finally bit the dust on Monday. Silver lining, it lasted 22 years, so it did it's job well. But it's not going to be a fun next several days until the new one is installed. Have barely slept, and very uncomfortably, and am feeling it. 🥵
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you can take lots of cold showers, continually hydrate, , sit by a fan with a bowl of ice cubes in front for makeshift AC, and 10 mg melatonin to put you out like a light at night, seek AC shelter in public places during day - library etc. Heat stroke is a killer.Ice cold sweet tea in the South is very refreshing.

Last edited:

correcaminos

I feel for you. Not everyone who is used to living in heat can tolerate it. Just like just because I live in the midwest doesn't mean I like winters. I cannot tolerate cold at all. Good thing is our summers are insanely warm here so I'm happy part of the time.

While I have some power thanks to the generator, out AC is not usable at the moment. If we don't get full power soon I know my husband will be miserable.

spock8113

Record heat all around the world, Lake Mead is almost dry, and Hoover Dam is close to not providing power, intensifying hurricanes, glaciers are melting, and people are fighting to see the fireworks show? I would think the latter is a real and true indication something is seriously wrong on the Little Blue Marble.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Join the "Fan Club." Target has box fans that are practically disposable.*

*No endorsement implied

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Record heat all around the world, Lake Mead is almost dry, and Hoover Dam is close to not providing power, intensifying hurricanes, glaciers are melting, and people are fighting to see the fireworks show? I would think the latter is a real and true indication something is seriously wrong on the Little Blue Marble.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

TheLewisHK

It's far too hot everywhere. The UK was unbearable for three days - all windows and blinds closed to try and keep the heat out, regular cold showers to cool down - I know several areas around me where the water companies actually turned the water pressure way down and completely stopped the water flow in others. Roads were melting (could hear the tarmac sticking to car tyres as they drove), wildfires, etc.

Despite doing everything to try and cool the apartment down, we were still 34 Celsius indoors (around 93 Fahrenheit), only 6 degrees lower than the worst of it outside. I've never seen a cat pant before - Needless to say, he got plenty of cold washdowns over the worst part (not that he was happy about it).

I really feel for anyone who doesn't have AC during these summers. It's pretty much unbearable.

Lilofan

We were driving on Osceola Parkway one evening and theme park firework shells fell on the brush area and lit up the place on fire. Luckily the firefighters came to put out the fire.

Dr. Nigel Channing

And now there's a huge fire raging just outside of Yosemite. Thousands evacuated. ☹️
I shouldn't gripe about our AC situation, because it could be much worse than a sweaty inconvenience.
Stay safe out there, people.

correcaminos

It's far too hot everywhere. The UK was unbearable for three days - all windows and blinds closed to try and keep the heat out, regular cold showers to cool down - I know several areas around me where the water companies actually turned the water pressure way down and completely stopped the water flow in others. Roads were melting (could hear the tarmac sticking to car tyres as they drove), wildfires, etc.

Despite doing everything to try and cool the apartment down, we were still 34 Celsius indoors (around 93 Fahrenheit), only 6 degrees lower than the worst of it outside. I've never seen a cat pant before - Needless to say, he got plenty of cold washdowns over the worst part (not that he was happy about it).

I really feel for anyone who doesn't have AC during these summers. It's pretty much unbearable.
I am sorry it got so hot in your place. I think one thing usually more moderate temps don't have is the same type of insulation. House is at 73 per a manual thermometer and around 90 outside here at the moment. We have an old house with original siding up and then the house wrap and then insulated siding. Keeps our house more stable temps.

The new pole is in and just waiting on the hook ups to be complete. We're definitely stepping up our generator purchase time line. With all the crazy storms and such I noticed I am much less grumpy when our food is not lost and I can at least run fans at night.

mf1972

we lost power twice this week here in NJ. one was due to a heavy thunder storm which lasted 3-4 hours. the other was about 90 minutes & i can only guess it might’ve been overuse. no issues since then, but here’s an update on the weather today…
7D7CF361-7055-4C4A-A7F5-40698FD67C04.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom