Daily housekeeping?

JIMINYCR

We stay at a condo when we travel to the beach each year, and never have daily housekeeping. We actully prefer that so you don't have to worry about them showing up at the door if you're in the middle of lunch or something. I understand Disney is different, but it wouldn't bother us, except for the towel animals....haha
Weve had a couple of trips where the towel animals never made an appearance during our entire 14 day trips. Once at POFQ and once at the Contemp. It was very disappointing.

Herdman

Weve had a couple of trips where the towel animals never made an appearance during our entire 14 day trips. Once at POFQ and once at the Contemp. It was very disappointing.
I recall not getting one for a few days on our last trip. I guess maybe it's the luck of the draw with the mousekeeper you are assigned. It is disappointing when you return and don't see one....

JIMINYCR

I recall not getting one for a few days on our last trip. I guess maybe it's the luck of the draw with the mousekeeper you are assigned. It is disappointing when you return and don't see one....
On one of our trips which was to celebrate our anniversary we came back to our room and found 2 huge towel swans with their necks entwined in an embrace. Whoever that Mousekeeper was, she was talented. Weve had Mickey heads, mice, turtles, rabbits and other small towel beings before but that one was exceptional.

Dave B

Call me "crazy" if you want, but when I go, it's a chance to be inside the Disney bubble and shut out the world. I hardly ever watch the TV or check the news while I'm there. I know, I know. Masks and COVID policies will be around me consistently. So I'll just throw on whatever Disney mask suits me that day and go enjoy the parks.
But nothing is open, but a few rides, there is no magic right now and that is a lot of money to spend for no entertainment, with the exception of saying I was at an empty park, those become very expensive photos

Dave B

Call me "crazy" if you want, but when I go, it's a chance to be inside the Disney bubble and shut out the world. I hardly ever watch the TV or check the news while I'm there. I know, I know. Masks and COVID policies will be around me consistently. So I'll just throw on whatever Disney mask suits me that day and go enjoy the parks.
You are " Crazy " lololol;)

Herdman

But nothing is open, but a few rides, there is no magic right now and that is a lot of money to spend for no entertainment, with the exception of saying I was at an empty park, those become very expensive photos
I think the magic is created by your attitude going in. Most of the videos I've watched the people shooting them have been very engaged and felt like they were immersed in that magic. I don't need to be shoulder to shoulder with people to turn that corner to head down main street and get that first view of the castle. It will be magical for us no matter what else is going on in the parks. We will miss the nightime shows for sure, but it's also a chance to do some things we haven't done for several trips to take their place.

I understand this is different for everyone, but we're looking forward to our trip as a unique experience. It's definitely not the time to go for someone who is going for the first time or someone who only goes every 5-10 years for sure.

JohnD

I think the magic is created by your attitude going in. Most of the videos I've watched the people shooting them have been very engaged and felt like they were immersed in that magic. I don't need to be shoulder to shoulder with people to turn that corner to head down main street and get that first view of the castle. It will be magical for us no matter what else is going on in the parks. We will miss the nightime shows for sure, but it's also a chance to do some things we haven't done for several trips to take their place.

I understand this is different for everyone, but we're looking forward to our trip as a unique experience. It's definitely not the time to go for someone who is going for the first time or someone who only goes every 5-10 years for sure.

I would agree with that. It reminds me of a story from a priest at my church overhearing parishioners going out the door after a service. "I didn't get anything out of that, did you?" which caused him to think, "Well, what did you put into it, Bubba?" But I respect those if it is not for them at this time. Me: I want to go.

Dave B

That is a very expensive "View", but enjoy, I will take my 10k and wait until the park is completely open with no limitations, park hopping, Fireworks, Meet and Greets all restaurants open, pools and water parks open, Parks pen for more that 8 hours, just to mention a few

JohnD

That is a very expensive "View", but enjoy, I will take my 10k and wait until the park is completely open with no limitations, park hopping, Fireworks, Meet and Greets all restaurants open, pools and water parks open, Parks pen for more that 8 hours, just to mention a few

Well, sure, if you normally spend $10k. I'm around $2k for a Florida Resident who lives four hours away and stays in Pop. The money is already in my savings account just waiting to spent.

Club Cooloholic

It is not a typical Disney Experience. The masks are a constant reminder what is going on. That said , one can take a trip there for what it is, a unique experience, and chance to do more rides with less lines. If I had saved and planned to do one trip in the next five years, would I want to go now? Probably not, but if I go every year or every other year, I am up for it.
Post Edit: I missed Herdsman's earlier comment, which was pretty much exactly what I said!

Last edited:

Dave B

Well, sure, if you normally spend $10k. I'm around $2k for a Florida Resident who lives four hours away and stays in Pop. The money is already in my savings account just waiting to spent.
Family of four here, and usually go for 8-10 days so it is always a little more :eek:

UNCgolf

The deal-breaker for me is the park hours. I can't imagine ever going to Walt Disney World with parks closing at 6 p.m. each day. That just would not be worth it for me.

Same (among other reasons).

I can't imagine paying for a hotel and park tickets just to have to nothing to really do in the evenings. I like going to Disney Springs, but I wouldn't want to have to go there every single day. Outside of that, am I just supposed to sit in my room?

JohnD

The deal-breaker for me is the park hours. I can't imagine ever going to Walt Disney World with parks closing at 6 p.m. each day. That just would not be worth it for me.

I understand the thinking but crowd levels are also down meaning you’re more likely to finish touring a park earlier. I admit I’ll miss the nighttime atmosphere / activities but I can make up for it with dining at resorts or DS.

Club Cooloholic

I understand the thinking but crowd levels are also down meaning you’re more likely to finish touring a park earlier. I admit I’ll miss the nighttime atmosphere / activities but I can make up for it with dining at resorts or DS.
For me, my wife is always wanting more resort time, so it's pretty much built in. Plus we have one bedrooms booked, which means we can even fix a meal at night right in the room if we want(nothing complicated) which my kids actually LOVE.

Herdman

You're right, it is an individual "view". Three of us, daughter just graduated college so no meet and greets. We never park hop, not worth the money to us since when we did have it we never used it. All the restaurants we wanted to go to for sit down are open except one although the limited menus at a couple is a bummer. With reduced capacities you don't need the parks open for more than 8 hours, particularly when we'll be in most parks for 2 days. We never go to the water parks, we have those at home and don't see much difference between the ones at Disney and here. Hopefully, the feature pools will be open a little longer, but I see that the quiet pools are open 24 hours at most resorts that have them so that's a good thing. We will miss the nightime entertainment, I'll give you that one.

So, you can see it really is an individual decision at this point. What one family sees as not worth it, another family might be raring to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom