Daily housekeeping?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looking at My Disney Experience for my April 2021 reservation, it looks like I have the option to request every-other-day housekeeping or to opt out of housekeeping entirely. Has daily housekeeping been put on hold due to COVID or is this expected to be a permanent change? Either way, I'm not happy about it.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
There is no daily housekeeping. If you don’t opt out, you will receive trash and towel service every other day. The beds will not be made nor the room cleaned. One day we had the bathroom counters wiped down and amenities replaced but the other we did not. Note that your room will be entered every day for a “security check.”

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
There is no daily housekeeping. If you don’t opt out, you will receive trash and towel service every other day. The beds will not be made nor the room cleaned. One day we had the bathroom counters wiped down and amenities replaced but the other we did not. Note that your room will be entered every day for a “security check.”
Is this a COVID measure or is this permanent?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's a COVID measure that isn't going to go away anytime soon. You can call and request towels daily though.
If this were Twitter and not Wdwmagic, I would use many curse words to describe how much I hate this. I don't even reuse towels at home, let alone on vacation. Not to mention coming home after a long day in the parks to... a bed that's not made.

I was afraid companies would do this and cut costs while claiming it was due to the virus. It's like when they tried to cut down on their laundry costs and asked every to reuse their towels to "protect the environment."

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
images(5) (1).jpg

Lilofan

Are the toilets and bathtub/shower even been cleaned during the guest stay?

Figments Friend

It was two years ago WDW Resorts started offering the 'budget' version of Mousekeeping services and introduced the opt-out option at check in.
A Disney Gift Card was your 'reward' for doing so, typically $10 for each night booked.

In-room random 'Security Checks' were also being done long before Covid.
Those began after the news broke of the idiot who had set up a meth lab in his Disney Resort room......

So this isn't anything new....and was going on well before the Covid Apocolypse.

Sorry to hear they no longer offer the Gift Card if you decline Mousekeeping services at check in.
I typically did, but probably wouldn't bother now.

-

UNCgolf

Looking at My Disney Experience for my April 2021 reservation, it looks like I have the option to request every-other-day housekeeping or to opt out of housekeeping entirely. Has daily housekeeping been put on hold due to COVID or is this expected to be a permanent change? Either way, I'm not happy about it.

I don't think it's COVID related, or at least not entirely. They were already trying to get people to opt out of daily housekeeping. I can't remember the specifics when I was there in January, but I know we didn't have full daily housekeeping.

It doesn't bother me personally, because I don't care much about daily housekeeping -- I wouldn't re-use towels, but you can get fresh towels if you need them. Nothing else really matters to me as long as the room was cleaned before I checked in.

Other than the fact that you should be getting a break on the room rate if it's no longer included which they were doing with the opt-out gift cards.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was two years ago WDW Resorts started offering the 'budget' version of Mousekeeping services and introduced the opt-out option at check in.
A Disney Gift Card was your 'reward' for doing so, typically $10 for each night booked.

In-room random 'Security Checks' were also being done long before Covid.
Those began after the news broke of the idiot who had set up a meth lab in his Disney Resort room......

So this isn't anything new....and was going on well before the Covid Apocolypse.

Sorry to hear they no longer offer the Gift Card if you decline Mousekeeping services at check in.
I typically did, but probably wouldn't bother now.

-
This is not that.

John park hopper

Disney motto pay more $$$$$$$$$ for less less less. Any one stay off site are they doing the same thing? It would not surprise me a bit if they start charging extra if you want daily house keeping--just like when parking at resorts was a free perk.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney motto pay more $$$$$$$$$ for less less less. Any one stay off site are they doing the same thing? It would not surprise me a bit if they start charging extra if you want daily house keeping--just like when parking at resorts was a free perk.
I actually wouldn't care very much if that's what they did and then guests could make a fully informed decision. What I object to is the fact that this wasn't disclosed upfront. I booked the reservation like everything was normal and I only stumbled into the new policy because I was clicking around My Disney Experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom