Daily housekeeping?

AnnMfrey

This is the main point.

I don't actually care about not having daily housekeeping (in fact, I kind of like the idea of no one else coming into our room on at least some days), but I absolutely don't want to pay as much for my room if that's going to be the new SOP. It was part of the price.
How many people actually enter a theme park every day at home? See? No need to insist on that even if you have purchased ticket media.

I can stay home with my inferior cleaning schedule for free. That's the difference.
I clean the toilets everyday!!! We are paying a fortune to stay at the resort! This is insane!

AnnMfrey

Do you actually think that they scrub the toilets and shower every day? They do that during turn over days or if they see it needs it. But on a daily, quick clean, they change towels that are on the floor, make the bed and wipe down the sink. They are not allotted enough time to do a full clean of every person's room every day. Sorry to burst your bubble. You are in the minority of people who don't reuse a bath towel at home so your expectations are probably different then most people. You can always ask for more towels when you get there and that way they don't have to come in every day to switch them out. Good luck getting any kind of reduction in room rate. You are receiving a fully stocked, clean room. It is unreasonable to not reuse a clean bath towel more then once. But they will happily bring you more.
For the crazy price that Disney charges, the rooms should be cleaned EVERYDAY. Otherwise, we can stay in a house off property or perhaps not even visit Disney at all! Such a shame!!! we may cancel:( and I love Disney:( They are clearly taking advantage. Wake up.

AnnMfrey

Looking at My Disney Experience for my April 2021 reservation, it looks like I have the option to request every-other-day housekeeping or to opt out of housekeeping entirely. Has daily housekeeping been put on hold due to COVID or is this expected to be a permanent change? Either way, I'm not happy about it.
This is terrible!!! What the heck?? Cheep cheep cheep

AnnMfrey

There is no daily housekeeping. If you don’t opt out, you will receive trash and towel service every other day. The beds will not be made nor the room cleaned. One day we had the bathroom counters wiped down and amenities replaced but the other we did not. Note that your room will be entered every day for a “security check.”
I am literally thinking about canceling our trip over this! This is terrible! I love Disney but will not be taken advantage of.

AnnMfrey

Weve had a couple of trips where the towel animals never made an appearance during our entire 14 day trips. Once at POFQ and once at the Contemp. It was very disappointing.
It wouldn’t bother me if we weren’t paying for it! Disney is crazy expensive. We could book a condo at half the cost and clean it ourselves

jaklgreen

For the crazy *** price that Disney charges, the rooms should be cleaned EVERYDAY. Otherwise, we can stay in a house off property or perhaps not even visit Disney at all! Such a shame!!! we may cancel:( and I love Disney:( They are clearly taking advantage. Wake up.
I'm wide awake sister and I know that they don't actually clean the toilets every day when they do come in. They will make the bed and replace towels, but the room does not get a full cleaning every single day. And most people do NOT clean their toilets every day at home. Even before Covid, we did not want housekeeping coming in on a daily basis. We are not animals and the room does not get dirty in a few days. I find it more gross to have some stranger coming in and touching everything then us just keeping the room tidy. It has nothing to do with cost. I can see having an issue if they give you a dirty room when you check in, but hanging up your towels should not be that big of a deal. If you need anything for your room, all you have to do is call them and ask. Frankly, IDK why anyone would want the additional contact while we are still in this situation. Now, when things go back to being more normal and they still do not do daily housekeeping, I can see complaining about it, but not now.

NelleBelle

You’ll be hard pressed to find most hotels doing daily housekeeping with Covid. So it’s not just Disney. You still get some services every other day if that’s what you choose, and you can always call if you need something. And no one is forcing you to stay onsite. Frankly, I’m glad no one is coming in the room. The less I need to deal with strangers touching my things, the better.

Lilofan

I'm wide awake sister and I know that they don't actually clean the toilets every day when they do come in. They will make the bed and replace towels, but the room does not get a full cleaning every single day. And most people do NOT clean their toilets every day at home. Even before Covid, we did not want housekeeping coming in on a daily basis. We are not animals and the room does not get dirty in a few days. I find it more gross to have some stranger coming in and touching everything then us just keeping the room tidy. It has nothing to do with cost. I can see having an issue if they give you a dirty room when you check in, but hanging up your towels should not be that big of a deal. If you need anything for your room, all you have to do is call them and ask. Frankly, IDK why anyone would want the additional contact while we are still in this situation. Now, when things go back to being more normal and they still do not do daily housekeeping, I can see complaining about it, but not now.
Companies have saved millions of dollars not changing towels, bedsheets etc everyday. Some hotels don't even give out those bottles, packets of shampoo and soap. There is a pump up dispenser in the shower. This is pre covid

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
This is terrible!!! What the heck?? Cheep cheep cheep
They are using Canary's on the cleaning crew now 😳🤯😳

They should use elephants instead
they work for peanuts.
Monkey Pirates GIF

HouCuseChickie

I'm still so mixed on whether or not we should have opted out entirely during our recent trip. My husband says it was worth it to have our trash and recycling bins emptied a couple of times during our stay, and I guess it was nice to have towels replenished along with some additional H20 things. I can handle the beds not being made and the bathrooms not being cleaned, because I certainly don't clean bathrooms every day at home and going 6 days without a cleaning isn't insane to me and we clearly live like filthy animals because we aren't regular bed makers.

Cartoon Inspire GIF by Pablo TV Show

That being said, I'm not sure it was really worth it. When we road tripped over the summer, we opted out of housekeeping everywhere we went, but we also weren't staying anywhere more than 2 nights.

HuffsAhoy

In the Parks
No
I understand completely how the OP feels. One of the perks of hotel stays is the daily housekeeping, even if it is a simple making of the bed or a quick wipe down of the vanity area. It makes a world of difference after a long day out coming home to a freshened-up hotel room. I don't mind the cutback during the pandemic, safety first, but I hope it's not permanent.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
We recently stayed at a Marriott and there standard covid housekeeping schedule is to "clean" your room every three days you're there unless you specifically request otherwise!! At least Disney is coming by every other day. 🙄

Same. Everywhere I've been it's been an every other or every third day type deal. You can though call and request it daily if you are so inclined.

wdwfan22

Same. Everywhere I've been it's been an every other or every third day type deal. You can though call and request it daily if you are so inclined.
The higher end hotels clean the rooms daily. I just stayed at the four season and my room was cleaned daily. Turndown service had to be requested though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom