Daily housekeeping?

castlecake2.0

I’ve stayed on site 3 times since reopening and haven’t had an issue. The room was very clean as usual when we checked in. Anytime we needed anything it was brought promptly, just had to call. Once a day someone stopped by to do a “courtesy check” aka safety check and would always ask if we needed anything. The only thing I missed was having my bed made when I got back to the room because as much as I tried I could never make it look as nice as they do!

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Can't remember where we were discussing this, but for anyone who was doubting whether Disney is legitimately having trouble staffing, they're currently running banner ads. When have we ever seen anything like this?

Screenshot_20210727-101047_Chrome.jpg

Lilofan

As long as people keep getting paid as much or more to NOT work than they would if they were working the problem will continue. There's not much incentive to work at a low wage job right now.
Are you aware that some with underlying health conditions that may not be able to be vaccinated may have hesitation to go back into jobs that expose them with not so smart individuals on vacation ( unvaccinated not wearing a mask )?

DisneyMusician2

Are you aware that some with underlying health conditions that may not be able to be vaccinated may have hesitation to go back into jobs that expose them with not so smart individuals on vacation ( unvaccinated not wearing a mask )?
True, but I'm guessing the housing problem near the parks paired with the unemployment and a non-$15/hour wage like a lot of the Universal jobs are paying may have more to do with this that the smaller percentage of people to which this applies.

Fin1018

As long as people keep getting paid as much or more to NOT work than they would if they were working the problem will continue. There's not much incentive to work at a low wage job right now.
That would be a valid point except, at least in Florida, the extra $300 weekly payments the federal government was handing out for unemployment assistance was stopped last month (governor's choice).

I doubt anyone in Florida can live off of the paltry $275 weekly unemployment assistance they pay out.

I think it more has to do with the fact that plenty of people who used to work in the service industry have found better paying jobs or jobs where they don't need to deal with the stress and headaches that those previous jobs had.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
True, but I'm guessing the housing problem near the parks paired with the unemployment and a non-$15/hour wage like a lot of the Universal jobs are paying may have more to do with this that the smaller percentage of people to which this applies.
Disney housekeeping pays well above $15/hr.

John park hopper

Disney only open resorts you can fully staff or cut the prices for the rooms. But, we all know that won't happen as long as people settle for less Disney is happy to take their $$$$$$$$$

Weather_Lady

FWIW, we're currently at Universal at the Hard Rock Hotel, and learned to our delight that they've restored full housekeeping services (although guests can request contactless housekeeping if they wish, per Universal's newly-updated housekeeping FAQ on their website). Just one night into a 2-night stay, we came back today to find beds made, bathroom scrubbed, surfaces wiped down, etc. like it was 2019 or something.🙂 I had to chase down our housekeeper to give her a tip, as the service was so unexpected that we hadn't left one in the room.

Your move, Disney.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

FWIW, we're currently at Universal at the Hard Rock Hotel, and learned to our delight that they've restored full housekeeping services (although guests can request contactless housekeeping if they wish, per Universal's newly-updated housekeeping FAQ on their website). Just one night into a 2-night stay, we came back today to find beds made, bathroom scrubbed, surfaces wiped down, etc. like it was 2019 or something.🙂 I had to chase down our housekeeper to give her a tip, as the service was so unexpected that we hadn't left one in the room.

Your move, Disney.
At this point, there is no reason why they can't bring back the full service for anyone who wants it. Unless they are severely understaffed, I don't see why they can't do it. It would be nice if we could customize our service. For example, I would like for them to come in every 2-3 days to just do the trash and to replace towels. I don't need them, nor do I want them to make the bed every day and I am not messy to need any other kind of cleaning. But I imagine that would be really hard to keep track of who wants what.

castlecake2.0

At this point, there is no reason why they can't bring back the full service for anyone who wants it. Unless they are severely understaffed, I don't see why they can't do it. It would be nice if we could customize our service. For example, I would like for them to come in every 2-3 days to just do the trash and to replace towels. I don't need them, nor do I want them to make the bed every day and I am not messy to need any other kind of cleaning. But I imagine that would be really hard to keep track of who wants what.
Radio is blasting $1000 bonuses for housekeepers job ads, so definitely still trying to get staff up to normal.

SSH

Weather_Lady said:
FWIW, we're currently at Universal at the Hard Rock Hotel, and learned to our delight that they've restored full housekeeping services (although guests can request contactless housekeeping if they wish, per Universal's newly-updated housekeeping FAQ on their website). Just one night into a 2-night stay, we came back today to find beds made, bathroom scrubbed, surfaces wiped down, etc. like it was 2019 or something.🙂 I had to chase down our housekeeper to give her a tip, as the service was so unexpected that we hadn't left one in the room. Your move, Disney.

Disney's "move":
"We're excited to introduce new housekeeping flexibility to enhance our guests' experience! Effectively immediately, a nominal $25 daily surcharge assures you "full service" mousekeeping - it even includes making the beds and cleaning your bathroom! For guests who enjoy maximum savings and value, we're pleased to offer a budget-priced option: one set of towels and your garbage emptied for only $15/day surcharge. Enjoy your stay - and have a magical day!

Last edited:

RoadiJeff

Weather_Lady said:
Your move, Disney.

Disney's "move":
"We're excited to introduce new housekeeping flexibility to enhance our guests' experience! Effectively immediately, a nominal $25 daily surcharge assures you "full service" mousekeeping - it even includes making the beds and cleaning your bathroom! For guests who enjoy maximum savings and value, we're pleased to offer a budget-priced option: one set of towels and your garbage emptied for only $15/day surcharge. Enjoy your stay - and have a magical day!
Can you opt out of the daily "mouse"keeping and thus waive the surcharge? If/when I go, I am tempted to hang the DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door for the entire time I am there, probably 7 days. I haven't decide what hotel I would stay at and it may not have a housekeeping surcharge.

drizgirl

Weather_Lady said:
FWIW, we're currently at Universal at the Hard Rock Hotel, and learned to our delight that they've restored full housekeeping services (although guests can request contactless housekeeping if they wish, per Universal's newly-updated housekeeping FAQ on their website). Just one night into a 2-night stay, we came back today to find beds made, bathroom scrubbed, surfaces wiped down, etc. like it was 2019 or something.🙂 I had to chase down our housekeeper to give her a tip, as the service was so unexpected that we hadn't left one in the room. Your move, Disney.

Disney's "move":

You jest. But I wouldn’t even be slightly surprised.

SSH

Can you opt out of the daily "mouse"keeping and thus waive the surcharge? If/when I go, I am tempted to hang the DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door for the entire time I am there, probably 7 days. I haven't decide what hotel I would stay at and it may not have a housekeeping surcharge.
Sorry for any misunderstanding - I was just having some fun - no surcharges for housekeeping...yet :p (But hey...I must be a pretty decent copywriter- maybe I should get a job in their mktg dept. lol)

jaklgreen

Radio is blasting $1000 bonuses for housekeepers job ads, so definitely still trying to get staff up to normal.

This is a tough situation. If they are still understaffed, I don't think that it is reasonable to expect housekeeping to waste time with something like making beds every day. I would much rather that they focus on keeping rooms clean between guests. The more work that they have to accomplish in the day, the more that work suffers. I also don't think that it is fair to compare other hotel chains to WDW. Just the amount of rooms that Disney has compared to even some place like US is not even comparable.

RoadiJeff

Sorry for any misunderstanding - I was just having some fun - no surcharges for housekeeping...yet :p (But hey...I must be a pretty decent copywriter- maybe I should get a job in their mktg dept. lol)
I should have seen that but with the way some things are going lately I wouldn't be surprised. No harm done. :)

EdnaMode

Your move, Disney.

Thanks for this premium intel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom