D23 - What a joke.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Isn't that the definition of all these fan "conventions".

I mean we just had Wizard world comiccon in Philly. I met a whole bunch of people that dropped thousands of dollars to get here (lol, the Philadelphia chamber of commerce thanks you), dropped money to dress up like the favorite superhero and then brought a bunch of trinkets. I met a few more who on top of that dropped a few hundred more to go to a panel with some grade B tv show actors. like the girl from Charmed.

A few years ago we hosted the NFL draft, want to talk about colossal rip off
lol, next year my sorority will hold it's convention in Philly and I'll pretty much do the same.
It absolutely is...no argument.

...we’re gonna have to talk about this “sorority” thing sometime, honey 😉

Tony the Tigger

There was no Christmas at all this time. NOT EVEN ONE GIFT.

It was all public information about the extremely lackluster Marvel Land. Got some awful concept art? "DISNEY IS AMAZING." Pathetic.

Same goes for EPCOT, what we got a few new names? WHO CARES. The same bloggers taking photos of their 'drinks' are the ones who appreciate a new EPCOT (ALL CAPS) logo.

Cheap queue for the Mickey Ride? Why are they trying to undersell the ride that was ALREADY SUPPOSED TO BE OPEN.

D23 IS supposed to have some announcements relating to the park. Heck, this one makes the Pixar Pier announcement awesome.

Plus, with all the press Disney is getting over fraud, planting staff to manipulate boards, Disney ruining Spiderman in the MCU, the secret project blunder which mainstream folks reported on, low wages, Uni opening A NEW FREAKING PARK, this is just a further slap in the face.

There's no way to spin this. Uni WILL eat WDW's marketshare, and I am happy about it. Disney doesn't deserve our money. Use points and fly to Japan if you want the parks before we allowed Disney to ruin them, you'll actually save money. The new park at UOR, for all its faults, will have a stellar attraction roster.

Oh and SSE? Don't be excited for it. I would be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful. Get ready for an IP-infused, sparkly mess.

Disney doesn't care about anyone. We need to stop defending them. We are the reason the swamps are the way it is.

Oh, and they try to get us not to complain because we would be attacking poor little Make a Wish kids. Disney doesn't care about them, and they certainly don't care about you.

The fans should be in uproar. Convince me how a period of stagnation against Universal's third park is a good idea.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

It absolutely is...no argument.

...we’re gonna have to talk about this “sorority” thing sometime, honey 😉

LOL dude don't volunteer. I'm trying to find someone to be a "Marlin Perkins" (young folks google) and shoot me with a tranquilizer gun next year.

My sorors shop and ate their way through Houston texas in 2018 to the tune of 30 million bucks (this was not including hotel revenue).

HongKongFu

"Social unrest? Political corruption? Poverty? Environmental issues? Who cares. BUT IF THEY DON'T GIVE ME BETTER NEW STUFF AT D23 EVERY TIME, I'M GOING TO RISE UP AND LEAD A REBELLION TO OVERTHROW THE EVIL DISNEY OVERLORDS!"

Strawman, I see you're one of those who use distractions and irrelevancies to respond.

....too bad others applauded and ultimately encouraged you

NormC

There was no Christmas at all this time. NOT EVEN ONE GIFT.

It was all public information about the extremely lackluster Marvel Land. Got some awful concept art? "DISNEY IS AMAZING." Pathetic.

Same goes for EPCOT, what we got a few new names? WHO CARES. The same bloggers taking photos of their 'drinks' are the ones who appreciate a new EPCOT (ALL CAPS) logo.

Cheap queue for the Mickey Ride? Why are they trying to undersell the ride that was ALREADY SUPPOSED TO BE OPEN.

D23 IS supposed to have some announcements relating to the park. Heck, this one makes the Pixar Pier announcement awesome.

Plus, with all the press Disney is getting over fraud, planting staff to manipulate boards, Disney ruining Spiderman in the MCU, the secret project blunder which mainstream folks reported on, low wages, Uni opening A NEW FREAKING PARK, this is just a further slap in the face.

There's no way to spin this. Uni WILL eat WDW's marketshare, and I am happy about it. Disney doesn't deserve our money. Use points and fly to Japan if you want the parks before we allowed Disney to ruin them, you'll actually save money. The new park at UOR, for all its faults, will have a stellar attraction roster.

Oh and SSE? Don't be excited for it. I would be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful. Get ready for an IP-infused, sparkly mess.

Disney doesn't care about anyone. We need to stop defending them. We are the reason the swamps are the way it is.

Oh, and they try to get us not to complain because we would be attacking poor little Make a Wish kids. Disney doesn't care about them, and they certainly don't care about you.

The fans should be in uproar. Convince me how a period of stagnation against Universal's third park is a good idea.
And who are you again? What were your last three usernames?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It wasn't terrible (announcement wise).

I think a lot of people were looking at EPCOT. And when you take a look at what's been happening at EPCOT the last couple of months/years combined with the things announced yesterday:

GoG Roller Coaster (Cosmic Rewind)
The division of Future World (I'm not particularly fond of the names)
The multi-tiered bar/observation/festival area - whatever it is.
New Nighttime show
The Moana Water Attraction
The Space Restaurant
The new Japanese Steak House
The new Restaurant in France
Ratatouille Ride
The new BBQ joint in the American Pavilion
The new Poppins ride and expansion in the UK Pavilion
The Play Pavilion

There is movement. I was still hoping for clarification on Figment and an announcement of a new pavilion.

My biggest issue with the whole thing was the delivery of the Presentation. There were times I felt Chapek was an animatronic and I was just trying to figure out which ride they were going to stick him on. Please let it be DL.

Goofyernmost

...who's Paul? Sorry I'm not new but I most know people by their usenames.
Paul McCartney. This was a reference from 'I am the Walrus' on the Magical Mystery Tour Album. The actual phrase was "And here's another clue for you all, the walrus was Paul.
He wasn't really, but that would be another topic.

eliza61nyc

👍
girls trip to disney 168.JPG

Nottamus

Here's some positive in your negative soup...

I'm guessing no one in this thread even experienced the LAST round of announcements for the parks...

Theres SWGE
TRON
RUNAWAY TRAIN
FRANCE RAT RIDE (not the official name)
SPACE 220
REFECTIONS
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY
THE NEW EPCOT
RIVIERA
.........and that's just a few..

we are all going to be ok. Breathe deep...calm blue ocean....

Last edited:

Gaston's gal

I think because D23 expo has been a place where they have made HUGE announcements like this over the last several years, people have come to expect that. When we already knew about M&M Runaway Train, TRON, etc., for them to come in & re-announce these experiences like it was the first time we had heard them, I think that what may be the most disappointing. In addition to that, Disney continues to have the convention at a facility that never seems to control the lines and run them efficiently nor have anyone seem to know what is happening, where Gold vs Silver vs Sorcerer members should go, etc., it becomes very frustrating. I have gone the past four expos and have enjoyed it every year. Because of various circumstances, I didn't get to go this year & it sounds like I didn't miss much. I still love my Disney & always will, but I do wonder why they don't try to help direct them in how to handle the massive crowds that come.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
LOL dude don't volunteer. I'm trying to find someone to be a "Marlin Perkins" (young folks google) and shoot me with a tranquilizer gun next year.

My sorors shop and ate their way through Houston texas in 2018 to the tune of 30 million bucks (this was not including hotel revenue).
Someone willingly went to Houston? I guess the college days took their toll on their mental faculties...

Hank Hill

When a lot of your guests plan a visit 3 - 5 years out, it makes sense to announce things many years in advance to allow for better planning.
Who is planning actual day to day itineraries 3-5 years in advance? If they are, it's just for fun. So much can change in the weeks leading up to a trip, you can't be expecting to make hard plans that far in advance. People take that much time to save the money. They need dates and resort to book. Not daily plans 3 years out.

HongKongFu

Thats like saying bashing a Disney movie is totally fair after seeing one trailer.

I find it quite astonishing that I have to explain this, but here it goes anyway:

If the trailer shows absolute garbage, total nonsense or an extreme lackluster attempt at making a quality film, then one can safely assume that is indicative of the entire film.

Quite easy to understand really.
If a film has known pollutants as revealed by its trailer(think 1st grade flatulence jokes, slapstick aimed at those with IQ's of less than 80, dead teenager slasher genre) then we should assume those pollutants have infected the whole film.

What did you think????....that suddenly the writers and producers change their writing and production styles throughout the film making?

Last edited:

Raineman

Strawman, I see you're one of those who use distractions and irrelevancies to respond.

....too bad others applauded and ultimately encouraged you
Strawman? OK, if you say so. Let's just look at the tone of the original post. Is the evident disgust, frustration and anger warranted when reacting to announcements of upcoming theme park additions or changes? Does this kind of reaction not resemble elements of toxic fandom? Was it necessary to basically tell people how they should be thinking about what Disney is doing? I could understand a post stating the poster's stance on D23 and Disney's recent activities, but the way the post was worded you would think it was a personal slight against the OP by Disney. I already stated that being passionate about the things you are into is great, but when that passion turns into anger because what you want to happen in your area of interest is not happening, it is kind of concerning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom