D23 - What a joke.

Walrus from Paris

Original Poster
There was no Christmas at all this time. NOT EVEN ONE GIFT.

It was all public information about the extremely lackluster Marvel Land. Got some awful concept art? "DISNEY IS AMAZING." Pathetic.

Same goes for EPCOT, what we got a few new names? WHO CARES. The same bloggers taking photos of their 'drinks' are the ones who appreciate a new EPCOT (ALL CAPS) logo.

Cheap queue for the Mickey Ride? Why are they trying to undersell the ride that was ALREADY SUPPOSED TO BE OPEN.

D23 IS supposed to have some announcements relating to the park. Heck, this one makes the Pixar Pier announcement awesome.

Plus, with all the press Disney is getting over fraud, planting staff to manipulate boards, Disney ruining Spiderman in the MCU, the secret project blunder which mainstream folks reported on, low wages, Uni opening A NEW FREAKING PARK, this is just a further slap in the face.

There's no way to spin this. Uni WILL eat WDW's marketshare, and I am happy about it. Disney doesn't deserve our money. Use points and fly to Japan if you want the parks before we allowed Disney to ruin them, you'll actually save money. The new park at UOR, for all its faults, will have a stellar attraction roster.

Oh and SSE? Don't be excited for it. I would be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful. Get ready for an IP-infused, sparkly mess.

Disney doesn't care about anyone. We need to stop defending them. We are the reason the swamps are the way it is.

Oh, and they try to get us not to complain because we would be attacking poor little Make a Wish kids. Disney doesn't care about them, and they certainly don't care about you.

The fans should be in uproar. Convince me how a period of stagnation against Universal's third park is a good idea.

epcotisbest

I could be wrong here but you sound a tad angry?

nailed-it-300x300.jpg

BlakeW39

Yeah, D23. I must ask though... @Walrus from Paris you made quite a few claims which hyped people up for things that didn't come. I don't intend to be rude, but can I ask you the circumstances underwhich you are incorrect and if you are indeed an insider?

I ask this because across the board I've seen you react in a similar way to other meer fans and not at all like the level of insider you've implied yourself as.

Last edited by a moderator:

StarWarsGirl

There was no Christmas at all this time. NOT EVEN ONE GIFT.
Maybe not for the parks, but mostly because a lot of the changes coming up are already announced.

The Disney+ announcements have some of us thrilled. For those of us growing up on Disney Channel, getting Lizzie McGuire back is indeed like Christmas. And the Ewan McGregor announcement. And a new Muppets series. To be quite frank, I'm very pleased.

Mickey5150

I thought it was awesome, especially for Epcot which will finally have a theme again. People may not all agree with the themes but at least they are working to fix the hot mess. Also, we get a Mary Poppins ride which does not sound like a carousel. I'm not sure how much more they needed to announce for WDW since there are currently 5 major rides being built on property plus they announced a new ride and a refreshing of an old one. Besides if you couldn't see that the main focus of this D23 was going to be "How we get a billion people to subscribe to Disney+" then you haven't paying enough attention to Disney.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
The best panel was Disney+. Everything else was fairly lackluster. When your big selling point for the convention are the panels, you have to deliver. Disney definitely did not do that and it's definitely disappointing. They have to get out of the cycle of announcing something 5 years in advance (outside of a new theme park) and really let each D23 focus on the next 18-24 months. Announce and share details for what's coming in the next 18-24 months (since D23 is every other year) and then go from there.

Apple has got this down pact. 3-4 presentations a year to talk about WHAT IS COMING NEXT. Not years down the road. In the next 90 days (and usually less time frame than that). The video gaming industry is learning this as well. Don't announce a project years in advance. Talk about it and release it in the next 12 months with other timed releases for info. Disney could learn a lot. Heck, even Universal is getting it right and they're in 'second' place.

BlakeW39

Yeah, D23 blew hard. I must ask though... @Walrus from Paris you made quite a few claims which hyped people up for things that didn't come. I don't intend to be rude, but can I ask you the circumstances underwhich you are incorrect and if you are indeed an insider?

I ask this because across the board I've seen you react in a similar way to other meer fans and not at all like the level of insider you've implied yourself as.
Bless you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom