D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Sneakman

One thing about the carousel of progress: they should NEVER build a second one imo. to me, what makes the COP so special is that not only is it one of Walt disneys own ideas, it’s the only one that’s ever been. There’s like 6 small worlds, 7 pirates, 3 tiki rooms, but only ONE Carousel of Progress EVER. One that’s moved on on its own throughout 60 years. I feel the same about Lincoln, but it’s not like that’d get cloned. I’m not gonna lie, COP isn’t my favorite show ever, but i greatly respect its history, what it did for audio animatronics, how it is designed to inspire, and the heart and soul put into it. May it keep on turning for years to come.

Last edited:

Rosso11

I believe Horizons has meaning but unfortunately nothing to do with our beloved attraction. I truly believe they are setting the stage for this to be Iger’s version of his Disney Decade. This is the dawn of a new era in Disney parks. At least that’s what they will try and make us believe and more importantly try and make Wall Street believe. With Wall Street analysts publicly calling out Disney for their lack of response to Epic and the Domestic Parks stalled growth they need to show some specifics now on how they plan on “turbocharging” this segment with the 60 billion they’ve committed to. Will they go as big as Eisner’s Disney Decade announcement? I doubt it but they will try.

Phicinfan

I'm slowly filling the mold of other leakers where they drop little crumbs... but all I've been told is really "the name was picked for a big and important reason", this is surely a carousel of emotions for me. I don't think I can progress this much further...
You are SUCH a tease....

Phicinfan

I disagree. Families only have so many vacation days and there’s already too much to do in Orlando to cram into a week-long trip (Four theme parks, two water parks, a shopping district, and time at the resorts). I’d rather see them invest in the parks that currently exist and need more capacity. Especially since I can point at spaces in all four parks that aren’t being used to their fullest potential.
You are assuming he meant in FL. There could be other areas - there was one rumor a while ago about a fully inside resort somewhere else in the States. Just sayin....

FN2BFRE

In terms of "Horizons", I only expect a CoP future scene touch up and a pin.

In terms of EPCOT, I expect them to have fun with it, this might be EPCOT fans breaking free of the corner Disney puts us in.
A redo of the CoP finale that’s sort of Horizons inspired could actually be really cool. I would expect to see the Robot Butler in there if that ends up happening. What do you mean by EPCOT fans breaking free; I thought this presentation would be pretty EPCOT-light?

Sneakman

A redo of the CoP finale that’s sort of Horizons inspired could actually be really cool. I would expect to see the Robot Butler in there if that ends up happening. What do you mean by EPCOT fans breaking free; I thought this presentation would be pretty EPCOT-light?
I have a guess but I’m not going to say it. Don’t wanna jinx it or be spoiled on it. If it happens it happens.

trainplane3

In terms of "Horizons", I only expect a CoP future scene touch up and a pin.

In terms of EPCOT, I expect them to have fun with it, this might be EPCOT fans breaking free of the corner Disney puts us in.
I'm just remembering "Journey into Imagineering" and everything that came from that. Though, was that the year they gave us the Dreamfinder meet and greet?

Tha Realest

Tom Fitzgerald reprised his role as a middle aged Beach Boy in AA form during the final scene

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What if “Horizons“ was the name of a new cruise ship?

I‘d love to hear some new things that are complete surprises but I assume for WDW we get more official details on Tropical Americas at AK and maybe some concept art for Beyond Big Thunder Mountain at MK. Those 2 projects alone put us out 4-5 years unless they are built simultaneously. I can’t see them spending too much time hyping new additions to the other 2 parks which will be 5+ years away. Will be interesting to see.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I believe Horizons has meaning but unfortunately nothing to do with our beloved attraction. I truly believe they are setting the stage for this to be Iger’s version of his Disney Decade. This is the dawn of a new era in Disney parks. At least that’s what they will try and make us believe and more importantly try and make Wall Street believe. With Wall Street analysts publicly calling out Disney for their lack of response to Epic and the Domestic Parks stalled growth they need to show some specifics now on how they plan on “turbocharging” this segment with the 60 billion they’ve committed to. Will they go as big as Eisner’s Disney Decade announcement? I doubt it but they will try.
You’re chasing a goose with this “Disney decade” stuff. That was a tike and a place in an incredibly different business environment. Mostly driven by consumer product.

We aren’t in that world now.

You are SUCH a tease....
…don’t hold your breath

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom