D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

DisDude33

Genuinely I don't know what will be at D23 and all I know from my sources is just "the name will be justified/important".

The other teases are just things that got told to me today that could show up, could not, could get cut 5 seconds before they're shown, etc.
That has to be the worst part about having even crumbs of inside info with Disney because if you did share any of it and it was completely true at the time you shared it, the next day some one could cancel or drastically alter the plans and make you look like your making stuff up.

Moth

That has to be the worst part about having even crumbs of inside info with Disney because if you did share any of it and it was completely true at the time you shared it, the next day some one could cancel or drastically alter the plans and make you look like your making stuff up.
Nothing is true until it's being built.

Unless your that Atlantis sub ride. You just get cancelled. But that's why I don't like being called an 'insider'. I'm just someone spouting what I hear. I ain't special lmao.

WDWhopper

$17 Billion over 10 years better include a new theme park. Disney used to build one every 10 years but now it’s been 25 years. Adding on lands is useful, but kind of like buying a new tie and shoes…it spruces up your outfit a little bit, but at some point you gotta buy a new suit.

The Leader of the Club

$17 Billion over 10 years better include a new theme park. Disney used to build one every 10 years but now it’s been 25 years. Adding on lands is useful, but kind of like buying a new tie and shoes…it spruces up your outfit a little bit, but at some point you gotta buy a new suit.
I disagree. Families only have so many vacation days and there’s already too much to do in Orlando to cram into a week-long trip (Four theme parks, two water parks, a shopping district, and time at the resorts). I’d rather see them invest in the parks that currently exist and need more capacity. Especially since I can point at spaces in all four parks that aren’t being used to their fullest potential.

I have 3 theories:

1.The icons are arranged by opening date, but DisneySea and EPCOT are missing, and the fact that Beyond Thunder seems like a park icon makes me doubt.

2.The icons represent the announcements, based on current projects, rumors, and the size of the icons:

DL and MK: Entertainment for DL (I am not aware of the rumors), but for MK there is the rumor of the parade.
TDL: New Tomorrowland, quite limited like the past expo where they only showed a few images without details of Fantasy Springs.
DLP: There is the rumor of the new Space Mountain and Star Wars. If the latter is included, it will probably be just a vague announcement.
SHDL: The rumored roller coaster.
HKDL: Avengers ride and new parade, maybe the return of PTN.
DHS: I have no idea, but it could be the new version of Rock 'n' Roller and some blue sky.
DAK: Tropical Americas I think will be the main theme of the night and the most extensive.
DAW: Opening date, nighttime show, Frozen, Parade (I think this is a rumor but I haven’t heard much about it and I’m not sure) and maybe Lion King Land.
DCA: First phase of Disney Forward.
Beyond Thunder: Surely the final project to close this part of the panel.
DCL and DCL-OLC: I don’t know much about the ongoing projects, but that they are in that part of the art is a creative decision.
EPCOT:If we are right and the sun is EPCOT, maybe it’s for a surprise project to hype the fans. I bet on Imagination, but if it’s Horizons, I would go crazy and have a heart attack from excitement.
DisneySea: I don’t think they will announce anything, probably in their near future there will only be entertainment announcements from OLC.

3.Maybe it’s none of the above and it’s just random AI-generated art.

I’m not sure why there’s no reference to the gaming part in the art; maybe the sun is even a reference to that. I don’t know what they might announce; as far as I know, there are no rumors of Epic, and generally, I think there’s only the rumor of the live-action of Kingdom of Hearts.View attachment 799626
Also aren’t they supposed to be announcing more about to avengers e ticket for California adventure?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They have 3 parks with each having less than 12 rides. Another park is not what WDW needs.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe I’m biased because I’m local to the California Disney parks, but I really wish they would focus on fixing California adventure instead of just tacking on more cheap lazy re themes 😂
Supposedly, with DisneylandForward, DCA is getting an expansion. Can't retheme rides that don't exist on the expansion property!

Supposedly, with DisneylandForward, DCA is getting an expansion. Can't retheme rides that don't exist on the expansion property!
True! Also I’m mainly hoping they’ll announce more info on the avengers e ticket. Because while Disneyland forward seems good so far, many have pointed out it’ll be a very long time until we actually start seeing the rides and lands getting built.

My take:

To celebrate 60 years since the 1964 World's Fair, the Carousel of Progress is being moved to the ground floor Wonders of Life dome, with a new Horizons-based show/exhibit built above it. The outside of the dome can be lit up like COP's dome was in New York in 1964, and can coordinate with the lights on SSE.

Actually, the lines spiraling from Mickey from Mickey's wand and finger in the poster are similar to how the dome was lit up. (It also reminds me of the original logo for Journey into Imagination.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom