D23 Parks and Resort Panel 2019

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Even if it’s not crowded I wouldn’t go without it...until they make the price egregious.

Good day for DL I suppose...but wdw is in need of so much more. The dusters just aren’t able to take themselves out of this moment long enough to look to the future to see it.

We vacation in the present...our love of Disney should compel us to look beyond and Ask for more.

$15/ticket/day isn't a bad price at all. We were going to do 1-Park/day tickets, but might have to upgrade to Park Hopper and grab the MaxPass.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You are posting in the Disneyland subforum.

Not to belay the points about WDW, but some people don't realize that depending on how they navigate the forms.
The stock ticker is DIS and covers them both and Paris.

This “I only want to hear about Disneyland” stuff is old and unnecessary...I wasn’t really going to go deep. But all parks are connected in a symbiotic kinda way.

And the cash cow is always an influence on what does or doesn’t happen in Disneyland. Just some perspective.

socalifornian

Another video of the Panel.
4E53012B-C8CE-444F-BCE4-2E15A7BC7AC3.jpeg

bryanfze55

Just back from Disneyland and I can’t recommend it more to people who only know wdw.

Don’t get me wrong...I’m a Florida boy...but the convenience and still mostly laid back nature of Disneyland is hard to beat

And...I had max pass. It made me nostalgic for what fastpass used to be.

We had more ride Times than we could use.

No joke...at one point i had Matterhorn at 7:40, space at 7:50 and Indy at 8:10

That would take 2 days with Tiering to get if I were in wdw

FP+...which I originally supported....only works if you’re there so much you don’t care what you do.

Did you just post something positive about Disney???

shambolicdefending

Since “y’all” Texas people are here and happy...how about we kick up that Disneyland in Texas rumor again??

It’s been a bad day for sycophants on the rumor front 🤪
To be honest I'd just as soon stick to getting my Disney fix on the coasts.

Summers here can be even more brutal than Orlando. I need an excuse to get back to SoCal now and then.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Since “y’all” Texas people are here and happy...how about we kick up that Disneyland in Texas rumor again??

What do you mean by 'y'all'?! HUH?!

I wouldn't mind a nice Disney resort in the area though. TWDC knows how to do a resort.

To be honest I'd just as soon stick to getting my Disney fix on the coasts.

Summers here can be even more brutal than Orlando. I need an excuse to get back to SoCal now and then.

August isn't as much fun weather wise. But 75 in May as a high is going to feel so good.

Figments Friend

Glad I kept my brunch plans for today. Just got home and it only took me 10 minutes to get caught up, and it appears I didn't miss much.

Most Flattering Thing I Can Say About 2019 Parks Panel:
Mr. Chapek actually pulls off the jeans-n-blazer look pretty well. His jeans are contemporary 'Cool Dad' yet not hipster skinny, and the look suits his frame. It even makes his drab corporate personality a little more palatable. Whoever styled Mr. Chapek for D23 did a great job! So at least there's that. Also, no Tomorrowland announcement is a good thing since it would have come from Bob Chapek.

Most Unflattering Thing I Can Say About 2019 Parks Panel:
This is now a company that doesn't get it. They brought the Target CEO up on stage at the Parks Panel, like the Target CEO is the equivalent of talented senior Imagineers? That's not just a warning flag to Disney theme park fans, that's a flag of surrender. The rest was just a mish-mash of queue artwork and confirmation of rumors we already knew about (Magic Happens, Epcot, etc.). And poor EPCOT, that is just a thematic mess that I don't get.

Thankfully, brunch was nice. Without a single Instagrammable Moment. :cool:

But the big question is -
Was your brunch 'IMMERSIVE'?

;)

-

planodisney

😂
I can’t imagine hitting a park here in July/August
Tomorrow is supposed to be 102 and humid.
I’ll never even do WDW in July again.
There is nothing like hedding out to Orange County in July to escape this Texas heat. We like to do a few days at the Hyatt Huntington Beach and 4 days at DLR.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You got banned on this site??
No...as the disappointment/angst was raging on the D23 thread as the parks presentation ended...all of a sudden I got barred from that thread...before I commented 😉

Can’t say I blame him/her that did it...I get people riled up. But it was a hate fest by most everyone who was posting...one fool just lost it and lashed out because it apparently triggered her “thou must not speak ill of bob chapek” principles...I guess.

I got a story like that from another place...for a rainy day (2 actually 😉)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom